• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumble

So does anyone have experience with getting extremely sick after having lifted regularly for over a year? I went to Cancun and came back with a really bad GI virus.

I've been sick for about two months now and I'm down almost 15 pounds. I'm wondering how much of that has been muscle mass? Because I only feel slightly thinner, but not very much. Am I going to lose all of my gains from the past year :( just from not being able to work out or eat enough for 7 or 8 weeks or will I be able to rebound pretty quick? I'm planning to start heading back to the gym in the next week or two.

You'll rebound up to a point. Try to keep your calories and protein up if you can, and expect accelerated progress when you get back to it. Five steps forward, two steps back.

229 still this morning.

Beast mode!

Hey just wanted to make a public apology here. I sent a pm as well man.
Sorry Rooster. I over reacted to your comments. I had other stuff going in this morning and was actually pissed that the genuine effort I had put into that post was laughed at.
I took the low road. Which normally isn't me.
I usually don't retaliate.

I don't enjoy my knowledge or qualifications being challenged so easily and took offense to it. Just like you didn't like me inferring that your opinion didn't matter because you had just bought your first protein powder.

I didn't make my points from some condescending mantle. I was just trying to help with something I felt I knew enough about to assist with.
And If I had come in here and bashed one way of eating and then preached my own feelings on the subject I could understand the laughing gifs and being told my words were BS. I would have deserved it even.

You ask if my athletes would have similar results with different eating schedules. Maybe. Maybe not. No way to know. No way to control that study. But the athletes had success, so it's reasonable to think that their diet assisted them more than it hindered them. And they are far enough into their careers now and still having success that's it unlikely that they would change now. And they have continued to get better as time goes on so its part of that if it ain't broke don't fix it thing.

I'm going to read and get into the whole IF principles so I understand them better. I'm not one to shy away from new knowledge.

It's alright man. I wasn't being fully serious in the first half of my reply, just labouring the point and taking issue with the ad hominem nature of your reply and found going through post histories a bit petty.

I agree with your put a lot of effort into the post and then get cut down straight away point. Was going to say the same thing as well. That would blow.

Cudder

Why oh why does my gym not have any racks like the ones in Alien's videos. Not that the racks in my gym are a hassle or anything, but you have to set up your own safety bars as well as the rack bars to rest the bar on.

Big-E

Feeling like shit right now. A dude at my gym who has small legs and couldn't weigh more than 170 pounds just deadlited close to 600 pounds.

despire

So if I'm carb backloading and I train primarily around noon, when do I eat my carbs? Immediately after working out or after 6pm?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thanks again guys. Going to work today beat to shit after this week. Whole body aches. Good thing I'm getting a massage on Wednesday. As for Military press grip I do a thumb length in from the knurling.

CrankyJay

Banned
Thanks again guys. Going to work today beat to shit after this week. Whole body aches. Good thing I'm getting a massage on Wednesday. As for Military press grip I do a thumb length in from the knurling.

This is exactly what I do...

It's....
A good...
Rule of Thumb

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Anyone else have acid reflux and work out in the morning? What do you eat pre-workout? I've been drinking a whey protein shake and eating a banana but the reflux is killing me during my workout.

I think the simple answer is to workout without eating anything, but I'm really not sure I can do that.

Anyone else have acid reflux and work out in the morning? What do you eat pre-workout? I've been drinking a whey protein shake and eating a banana but the reflux is killing me during my workout.

I think the simple answer is to workout without eating anything, but I'm really not sure I can do that.

Bananas give me heart burn all the time. I'd skip that for now and add some blueberries.

SeanR1221

Day 1 of trying to just eat between 12-8. Hungry as well right now and I feel light headed so I can't wait to eat. Cooter, how the hell do you do it on 5 hours of eating lol

kylej

Banned
good shit shogun. also wtf at how clean your golds is. mine is falling apart. we were down to one working shower in the men's locker room a few days ago.

ezrarh

Day 1 of trying to just eat between 12-8. Hungry as well right now and I feel light headed so I can't wait to eat. Cooter, how the hell do you do it on 5 hours of eating lol

You get used to it. It's a great to not feel like dying if you miss out on a meal.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
As mentioned drink lots of water and try to eat big as close to going to sleep as you can so it will hold you over as long as possible the next day. That being said, every 3 or 4 days I usually have something around 1 or 2. It's always some type of meat.

Petrie

Banned
GAF is right, the cookie dough Quest bars might be the best taste:nutrition calue I've ever eaten. They're just amazing. I need to buy more boxes.

SeanR1221

As mentioned drink lots of water and try to eat big as close to going to sleep as you can so it will hold you over as long as possible the next day. That being said, every 3 or 4 days I usually have something around 1 or 2. It's always some type of meat.

I'm doing the 12-8 time because I think it best matches up with my work schedule. I normally see clients from 9-6, so skipping breakfast, eating after my first client (at 12) then eating a snack mid day, dinner around 6:30. Hit the gym come home and be done for the night. I figured I'd give this a try. Plus eating a big lunch and dinner will be fun :). My fiancé has been saying I look slimmer multiple times these past couple days (she even said she didn't recognize me at the gym from a distance). Hopefully this will help me keep getting smaller while getting stronger.

And Petrie, I told you man, just like I originally told you about quest bars.

Moral? Always listen to me :-D

Cooter

I'm doing the 12-8 time because I think it best matches up with my work schedule. I normally see clients from 9-6, so skipping breakfast, eating after my first client (at 12) then eating a snack mid day, dinner around 6:30. Hit the gym come home and be done for the night. I figured I'd give this a try. Plus eating a big lunch and dinner will be fun :). My fiancé has been saying I look slimmer multiple times these past couple days (she even said she didn't recoIgnize me at the gym from a distance). Hopefully this will help me keep getting smaller while getting stronger.

And Petrie, I told you man, just like I originally told you about quest bars.

Moral? Always listen to me :-D

Am I reading this right? You plan on not eating anything after the gym?

balddemon

Banned
Nice court, I've always wanted to play on a floor that has the NBA line just to see how accurate I am from that range.

it's harder than you'd think lol. unless you've got a shot with good form or a lot of upper body strength, it's difficult to shoot that far/accurately. I had to change my form up a lot and actually jump on my jump shot lol.

but then when I'd move in to the high school line, that shot is like a free throw compared to the nba line.

Petrie

Banned
This was pre-coupon. Thinking about raiding the store again and seeing if the deals stack.

Aw shit Petrie.

yep. $15 a box with coupon. even cheaper if I had a Gold Card, but sadly I do not. Sucks. lol

Oops no, I'll probably have a scoop of whey and creatine/beta/citrulline mixed in OJ post workout.

I think you'll want something more substantial after your workout. IF will be tough given your schedule, because of how late your workouts are in your day.

SeanR1221

yep. $15 a box with coupon. even cheaper if I had a Gold Card, but sadly I do not. Sucks. lol

I think you'll want something more substantial after your workout. IF will be tough given your schedule, because of how late your workouts are in your day.

Fuuuuuuu :(.

Cooter

How about skipping lunch Sean? Is that doable? Then you can get a sizable meal post workout and it will also serve the purpose of holding you over the next day.

entremet

Your body adjust after while. Remember, you're meals should be bigger than if you're eating 3 squares.

SeanR1221

How about skipping lunch Sean? Is that doable? Then you can get a sizable meal post workout and it will also serve the purpose of holding you over the next day.

It would be pretty tough for me to adjust to that but I could potentially eat from 3-10 or so.

abuC

it's harder than you'd think lol. unless you've got a shot with good form or a lot of upper body strength, it's difficult to shoot that far/accurately. I had to change my form up a lot and actually jump on my jump shot lol.

but then when I'd move in to the high school line, that shot is like a free throw compared to the nba line.

I have deep range, never knew exactly where the 3 line was though, I can take flat footed HS/College threes. I really want to see how accurate I am from there, the HS line is cake and more of an arm shot.

Before I started lifting, rare basketball picture -

Ak385_zpsaa115592.jpg

My form is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom