• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Any time I give in to craving on a cookie or chocolate, it tastes like shit. "Lesson learned" every time. lol

4 months into my cutting weight (and a little extra) without any cheat days and I just KNOW the day I give in and take a bite of spice cake will taste like dogshit. Keepin the faith.

I need to have a cheat meal. Keeps me sane.

Went out to eat with the coworkers today. Went do Dickies BBQ.

Got nothing but chicken and turkey. No sauce. Small side of mashed potatoes.

Who said you can't eat out on a cut. nom nom nom bitches.

Pavaloo

4 months into my cutting weight (and a little extra) without any cheat days and I just KNOW the day I give in and take a bite of spice cake will taste like dogshit. Keepin the faith.

Man that's great Sunny, you're an inspiration, keep it up! But yeah, I definitely feel like my body is telling me any of the processed or junk food that I used to eat was not real food. As soon as I bite into chocolate which I used to be a fiend for, every inch of my body regrets it. I feel like shit afterwards, but it's reassuring the healthier side of me.

balddemon

Banned
this lady that works in the spa area at my gym gives surprisingly good haircuts. of course, next time I go to her, it'll be $39 and not $10, but it might be worth it for the shampoo massage alone.

this lady that works in the spa area at my gym gives surprisingly good haircuts. of course, next time I go to her, it'll be $39 and not $10, but it might be worth it for the shampoo massage alone.

I get my hair cut at this Korean salon. Dood is fantastic. Leave him a big tip everytime. Get comments about my hair (both good and bad lol).

So, this is what happens to some of the food during some of the meetings in my office. It's like they know that I'm on my cut.

Barely touched.
vFPI10L.jpg

Meeting cancelled, food still in the wrapping.
CgcUuKx.jpg

ZqEo4cr.jpg

Not even a bit of fruit?!?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to have a cheat meal. Keeps me sane.

Went out to eat with the coworkers today. Went do Dickies BBQ.

Got nothing but chicken and turkey. No sauce. Small side of mashed potatoes.

Who said you can't eat out on a cut. nom nom nom bitches.

Shit, I've had to eat so many steaks (but I don't regret!)

Man that's great Sunny, you're an inspiration, keep it up! But yeah, I definitely feel like my body is telling me any of the processed or junk food that I used to eat was not real food. As soon as I bite into chocolate which I used to be a fiend for, every inch of my body regrets it. I feel like shit afterwards, but it's reassuring the healthier side of me.

Thanks brah, I kind of feel snotty about food now, like "oh, YOU eat THAT?" but it keeps me sane moreso than a cheat meal. Of course I don't say that to people, but in my head I'm like "gok dam man stop eating that" and it helps keep me on track and have no cravings.

Not even a bit of fruit?!?

Carbs are FOR THE WEEEEAK

not really depends on your macros

Shit, I've had to eat so many steaks (but I don't regret!)

Thanks brah, I kind of feel snotty about food now, like "oh, YOU eat THAT?" but it keeps me sane moreso than a cheat meal. Of course I don't say that to people, but in my head I'm like "gok dam man stop eating that" and it helps keep me on track and have no cravings.

Carbs are FOR THE WEEEEAK

not really depends on your macros

1) I stop by Safeway after work. They have steaks that are 50% off. Scoop some and eat it that night. TOO EASY

2) I'm like that too. I know it is bad but I can't help it.

3) Give me the carbs brah. 100-150ish a day. No problem.

I will admit that I did take some of the turkey sandwiches, but the disposed of the bread in my own way.

That's the spirit. Ever since I gave up bread/wheat, I do feel better. Rice noodles every damn day and I love it.

Really want to go to the gym now. However, I need my rest days. Recovery week for 5/3/1 then new cycle next week. Dropped 2% bf and I feel great. Hopefully I can drop another 2% next month as well.

balddemon

Banned
That's worse than a drug dealer.
it's ridiculous. I can go to the beauty school and pay $9 for an hour long hair cut, or I can go to the gym and pay $25-$40 for a 20 minute haircut, shampoo and rinse, and free styling. and she even brushes the back of my neck lol. beauty school don't do that shit.

--

workout was dope today, as usual.

squats - 3x5 @ 155
ohp - 3x5 @ 100
deadlift - 1x5 @ 155
pullups - 4x5
supersetted with calf raises - 4x10
dips - 15, 15, 11
glute raises - 3x10

pretty much it as I was slightly pressed for time.
deadlifts felt great though.

andycapps

So, this is what happens to some of the food during some of the meetings in my office. It's like they know that I'm on my cut.

Barely touched.
vFPI10L.jpg

Meeting cancelled, food still in the wrapping.
CgcUuKx.jpg

ZqEo4cr.jpg

That's the worst thing about working in an office. Sometimes the boss brings in donuts or bagels, and I feel like a dick if I don't have one. And, I also have no self control when it comes to sweets. Which is why I can't keep them in the house.

I know some aren't big fans of fruit, but rather than freaking out and buying a bunch of ice cream, I seem to do better if I have some mangos or apples in the house so I can have one and curb my craving.

Idde

So far this has never actually happened to me but I thought I'd share: I was failing miserably at pause squats in the only squat rack we have. A guy comes up to me to ask how many more sets I've got to go. Well, five, so of course he can join in. So he unloads the plates, puts 11 pounds on each side of the barbell, and does five curls. In disbelief I look at the rack that has all the EZ-curl and straight bars, and see that it's still loaded with bars.

He's finished with his set, and goes on to do triceps-extensions. So I take off the plates to continue my humiliation, and he immediately comes back, saying he still needs the barbell for his supersets. He's "not finished yet." Flabbergasted I ask him why he wont just use the EZ-curl bars. Well, because he wants to use the mirror. But if I insist on squatting there, he'll "let me." So he wanders off to the weightlifting platform, and uses the Olympic bar for his curls.

Granted my gym doesn't have a written down rule that says: No curling in the squat rack! But a gym shouldn't really NEED that, right?

Anyways, tested my 1 RM for bench, and my shoulder still felt fairly stable at 220 (after a six week long shoulder injury/rehab). A couple of days ago I got up to 400 on DL, and had some strength left. 410 or 420 should be doable on the small powerlift competition in two days. Seeing how miserable my pause squats are at 240, I'll probably max out out at 310 or 320. I do think the pause squats did something right though, since I feel more comfortable below parallel. Thanks for the tip Muntersaur :)

LProtag

I'm just starting out exercising again as a little time has opened up in my busy schedule. I'm a pretty big newbie but I have a huge problem: all that's available to me right now is Planet Fitness.

It's fine for cardio, but I have no idea what I should be doing for strength training there. Any suggestions?

Cagey

Banned
Two weeks to jump into barbells again before the new jerb starts and I dive into 5/3/1.

I'm about to be humbled so fucking hard. Gon be good. I'll save deads for tomorrow just so I have two days to cry about how weak I am.

balddemon

Banned
I'm just starting out exercising again as a little time has opened up in my busy schedule. I'm a pretty big newbie but I have a huge problem: all that's available to me right now is Planet Fitness.

It's fine for cardio, but I have no idea what I should be doing for strength training there. Any suggestions?

well, you can't really do strength training at planet fitness. just saying. no deadlifts, probably no squats, some locations have no flat barbell benches, no power cleans, no (safe) ohp. planet fitness is for leg day skipping, aethestically pleasing upper body fiends. all you have are dumbbells up to 85 pounds, 3 flat benches, 3 adjustable benches, and a couple smith machines. good luck.

seriously though, you'd be better off buying your own weight lifting equipment.

I also have a question: I'm trying to transition to paleo, or something similar, and the first step imo is cutting out bread and unnecessary carbs. but honestly, I don't know what to eat besides fruit, veggies, and lunch meat with cheese. what are some good snacks or quick meals I can make?

Szu

If that's all you have, then just make the best out of the situation. Would you like to try some bodyweight workouts?

SeanR1221

I also have a question: I'm trying to transition to paleo, or something similar, and the first step imo is cutting out bread and unnecessary carbs. but honestly, I don't know what to eat besides fruit, veggies, and lunch meat with cheese. what are some good snacks or quick meals I can make?

I honestly wouldn't eat lunch meat or cheese.

Stick to fruits, vegetables, seafood, poultry, pork and beef.

Petrie

Banned
I'm just picturing Petrie opening his pantry door and quest bars piling out in a comedic fashion.

It's happened with my protein powder. When I can get a deal on something I know I'll use, I stock the fuck up! The creatine from last Xmas will last me into 2014 easily. I'm crazy that way!

Spend more now o save later!

Szu

It's happened with my protein powder. When I can get a deal on something I know I'll use, I stock the fuck up! The creatine from last Xmas will last me into 2014 easily. I'm crazy that way!

Wow, I imagine Petrie's stash of protein powder to be as vast as an open field.
crm0.gif

SeanR1221

Yup yup. I'm up to 5 boxes.

Just stopped by one and got cheesecake.

Petrie

Banned
Wow, I imagine Petrie's stash of protein powder to be as vast as an open field.
crm0.gif

Currently sitting on about 80lbs, give or take. Not endless, but feels that way! 50lbs is unflavored though, so crazy useful for cooking anyways!

Yup yup. I'm up to 5 boxes.

Just stopped by one and got cheesecake.

I really just want more cookie dough, but the staff but them before they even hit the floor. Sucks!

What diet & 5/3/1 assistance template are you doing?

5/3/1 w/ The Periodization Bible

Military Press (5/3/1)
• Shoulders or Chest – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB bench, DB Incline, DB Military, Incline press, Dips, Pushups)
• Lats or Upper Back – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB rows, Bent Over Rows, Chins, T-bar Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Face Pulls, Shrugs)
• Triceps – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Triceps Pushdowns or Triceps Extensions)

Deadlift (5/3/1)
• Hamstrings – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Leg Curls, Glute-Ham Raise)
• Quads – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Leg Press, Lunges, Hack Squats)
• Abs – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Sit-ups, Hanging Leg Raises, Ab Wheel, DB Side Bend)

Bench Press (5/3/1)
• Shoulders or Chest – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB bench, DB Incline, DB Military, Incline press, Dips, Pushups)
• Lats or Upper Back – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (DB rows, Bent Over Rows, Chins, T-bar Rows, Lat Pulldowns, Face Pulls, Shrugs)
• Triceps – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Triceps Pushdowns or Triceps Extensions)

Squat (5/3/1)
• Low Back – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Reverse Hyper, Back Raise, Good Morning)
• Quads – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Leg Press, Lunges, Hack Squats)
• Abs – 5 sets of 10-20 reps (Sit-ups, Hanging Leg Raises, Ab Wheel, DB Side Bend)

8NaXTEe.png

Some numbers are off (the beef calories/protein) but I try to stay around that. Substitute in other meats/poultry/fish/etc. Same with cottage cheese/greek yogurt/etc. Eat rice noodles instead of regular noodles and I don't eat bread.

SeanR1221

Currently sitting on about 80lbs, give or take. Not endless, but feels that way! 50lbs is unflavored though, so crazy useful for cooking anyways!

I really just want more cookie dough, but the staff but them before they even hit the floor. Sucks!

Dude mine too! I asked the girl she was like "the guys who work here keep buying them"

I'm convinced cookie dough is made with some dark bro magic.

Petrie

Banned
Dude mine too! I asked the girl she was like "the guys who work here keep buying them"

I'm convinced cookie dough is made with some dark bro magic.

Yep. Must be.

Discovered my girl's sister has a gold card though, so cheaper now.

Seriously GNC staff, quit hogging the cookie dough. I'll be there every morning till I get more.

SeanR1221

Yep. Must be.

Discovered my girl's sister has a gold card though, so cheaper now.

Seriously GNC staff, quit hogging the cookie dough. I'll be there every morning till I get more.

I think it's too good to be true, but the girl at mine was saying next week or right after (but before may) the gold card will be free.

Petrie

Banned
I think it's too good to be true, but the girl at mine was saying next week or right after (but before may) the gold card will be free.

They do that a lot at select locations. One here is doing the same, but its a 30 minute drive. I might make the trip though.

Probably with a minimum purchase.

Usually it's with any purchase. They just pick stores that need the foot traffic increase.

I'm a bit crazy about deals. I know the policies of most of the big chains. Nerd.

balddemon

Banned
well the gold card is only like $15/year and with as much shit as you guys are buying from gnc, it would pay for itself on probably the first day you buy something.

the couple times I've gotten one, the discount has been more than the cost of the card.

CrankyJay

Banned
They do that a lot at select locations. One here is doing the same, but its a 30 minute drive. I might make the trip though.

Usually it's with any purchase. They just pick stores that need the foot traffic increase.

I'm a bit crazy about deals. I know the policies of most of the big chains. Nerd.

How much is your coupon again? The gold card price at the Walden Galleria GNC was $33 for Quest...lol

I'd have to find a standalone GNC...they probably drive up the price for the Canadian shoppers.

Petrie

Banned
How much is your coupon again? The gold card price at the Walden Galleria GNC was $33 for Quest...lol

I'd have to find a standalone GNC...they probably drive up the price for the Canadian shoppers.

It's $10 off 20. GnC an their regional pricing sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom