• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

So how bad is fruit for trying to cut and lose weight?

I eat a good amount, and I can't think of anything else that making me stay my current weight.

Basically:

2-3 Kiwis or a cup of berries in my cottage cheese in the AM
Banana in the AM (before run)
Apple around lunch
Banana in the PM (before workout)
Orange or Tangerines in the evening.

To much?

Also, what is the best diet to look into to retain muscle but lose body fat? Keto Diet?

Well that's a shitload of sugar. I know fruit has vitamins and shit but it is really overrated for health. I'd much rather get glucose as my sugar than fructose anyway so if I'm going to get a ton of sugar it might as well be from glucose or at least sucrose.

Keto is great for retaining muscle but it can be very hard for some people.

balddemon

Banned

I eat a good amount, and I can't think of anything else that making me stay my current weight.

Basically:

Apple around lunch

To much?

Also, what is the best diet to look into to retain muscle but lose body fat? Keto Diet?
cut out the bananas and you'll probably starting losing weight. they have tons of carbs. but make sure you're getting the potassium or w/e is in bananas from other sources.

a good diet is one where you get lots of protein with healthy amounts of calories, fats, and carbs. eat no processed food. veggies, fruit, meat.

Basically:

Apple around lunch

To much?

As others have mentioned, that is a lot of sugar.

With regards to diet, I like a high protein diet with lots of heavy lifting. Depending on your timeframe, you can look into PSMF or more specially, Lyle McDonald's PSMF.

Darren870

cut out the bananas and you'll probably starting losing weight. they have tons of carbs. but make sure you're getting the potassium or w/e is in bananas from other sources.

a good diet is one where you get lots of protein with healthy amounts of calories, fats, and carbs. eat no processed food. veggies, fruit, meat.

Thanks all, I've always been a fruit addict. Its actually how I lost most of my weight when I was really heavy. Going from cookies and soda to fruit and water.

Anyways. I don't really eat that much in terms of carbs.

Besides the fruit my diet is:

Breakfast:
2 Eggs
Cottage cheese (with fruit)
1 scoop protein shake

Lunch:
Chicken Breast
2 cups mixed veg
2 scoop protein shake

Dinner:
Always random, but usually something not carb heavy and protein focused. Maybe i'll have beans too. Stuff like Turkey Burgers, Turkey Chili, Stir fry with chicken, steak with veg.

So I guess I used the bananas and other fruit as my carb/sugars. I always eat the banana before my workout.

rando14

Thanks all, I've always been a fruit addict. Its actually how I lost most of my weight when I was really heavy. Going from cookies and soda to fruit and water.

Anyways. I don't really eat that much in terms of carbs.

Besides the fruit my diet is:

Breakfast:
2 Eggs
Cottage cheese (with fruit)
1 scoop protein shake

Lunch:
Chicken Breast
2 cups mixed veg
2 scoop protein shake

Dinner:
Always random, but usually something not carb heavy and protein focused. Maybe i'll have beans too. Stuff like Turkey Burgers, Turkey Chili, Stir fry with chicken, steak with veg.

So I guess I used the bananas and other fruit as my carb/sugars. I always eat the banana before my workout.

Try taking out a few of the fruits and adding in a different carb source like brown rice or oatmeal for some complex carbs.

Dash27

alright assholes, you win. cookie dough quest bars are indeed > cinnamon roll. i'm going to eat another one.

Cookie dough huh? I just got the sample pack and havent had that one yet. In fact I dont know that it was in there. Is it new? I'll try cinnamon roll tomorrow.

The Chef

I used to think that the diet part was absolutely the worst part. But after a while when you really start to see the fruits of your labor then it really becomes fun, for lack of a better word, to eat a lot and eat healthy.

I realized how much of my past workouts much have just been a complete waste because I wouldn't even come close to my daily protein intake. I HATED eating breakfast. Such a huge pain in the ass. But now I totally enjoy it.
3 eggs with a big ace scoop of fage and smoked salmon and capers. Soo delicious.

I guess the point I am making is I find it fascinating that something I hated doing, cooking and wasting the time making elaborate healthy meals is actually something you can totally break the bad attitude about and really learn to enjoy it.

So I'm starting to use myfitnesspal and is it just me or is the way they calculate 1.0 oz of any food fucked up? For example, if I want to do 6.0 oz of chicken, it calculates it as 6 servings of 4.0 oz of chicken even if I select a serving size of 1.0 oz.

edit: oh. It looks like in the main screen it is fine but when trying to choose them to do the calculation, it is messed up.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You look a lot bigger Sphinx, good pecs!

You look a lot slimmer and more muscular in the recent pics you posted, even your face looks slimmer.

Thanks, I'd say it's been "hard" but it really hasn't. I've just been doing a bastard combo of IF and Carb Backloading while not being "strict" to either philosophy.

Damn you must look even better in person than your pictures. I wear 36 jeans. You gotta be extremely solid.

People tell me I am, and I typically can't go a full day without someone asking me what I do, how much I bench or any variation of that. The problem is I too suffer from dat body dismorphia. I go days where I either think I look small or I'm just as fat as I've ever been.

My 34 jeans are Levi btw and the waist band is loose enough to get two fingers in, even on the tighter cut. My legs are fine in the "loose" versions, but my legs aren't that big.

blackflag

So I'm starting to use myfitnesspal and is it just me or is the way they calculate 1.0 oz of any food fucked up? For example, if I want to do 6.0 oz of chicken, it calculates it as 6 servings of 4.0 oz of chicken even if I select a serving size of 1.0 oz.

edit: oh. It looks like in the main screen it is fine but when trying to choose them to do the calculation, it is messed up.

I've never tried to di it like that. if I want 6oz I just do 1.5 servings. Not sure if it works or not the other way.

blackflag

Thanks, I'd say it's been "hard" but it really hasn't. I've just been doing a bastard combo of IF and Carb Backloading while not being "strict" to either philosophy.

People tell me I am, and I typically can't go a full day without someone asking me what I do, how much I bench or any variation of that. The problem is I too suffer from dat body dismorphia. I go days where I either think I look small or I'm just as fat as I've ever been.

My 34 jeans are Levi btw and the waist band is loose enough to get two fingers in, even on the tighter cut. My legs are fine in the "loose" versions, but my legs aren't that big.

Funny, I've been doing the same and seem to have had better results in the last couple weeks. Non stict IF and carb backloading. I do it most times. Sometimes I'll eat at noon, sometimes later. I'm not even tracking my food right now.

I may pay this dude for a plan though and try it out. He has great results with a lot of bodybuilders and it is pretty cheap for a 12 week plan. I have money so I might as well try it.

I have this body dysmorphia but lately I'm realizing there's hardly anyone at the gym bigger than me. The only ones that really are are the few serious competitors. There's a lot of people more cut than me though so I always think I look like crap.

bjb

Banned
Funny, I've been doing the same and seem to have had better results in the last couple weeks. Non stict IF and carb backloading. I do it most times. Sometimes I'll eat at noon, sometimes later. I'm not even tracking my food right now.

I may pay this dude for a plan though and try it out. He has great results with a lot of bodybuilders and it is pretty cheap for a 12 week plan. I have money so I might as well try it.

I have this body dysmorphia but lately I'm realizing there's hardly anyone at the gym bigger than me. The only ones that really are are the few serious competitors. There's a lot of people more cut than me though so I always think I look like crap.

Just get some juice bro.

Become the man you were born to be.

SeanR1221

Hm, I might be wearing too big. I can get both fists in the waist band and still have plenty of room lol

agrajag

Banned

I don't think I could ever be that strict with diets. I try to eat healthy and not over-indulge in anything bad, but there are so many temptations everywhere. My family already thinks I'm weird because I barely ever eat bread or pasta. I would really like to lose some fat for the summer though... And damn some of you guys have small wastes for how big y'all are. I'm size 32 but I'm 5'7" 163lbs.

CrankyJay

Banned
I don't think I could ever be that strict with diets. I try to eat healthy and not over-indulge in anything bad, but there are so many temptations everywhere. My family already thinks I'm weird because I barely ever eat bread or pasta. I would really like to lose some fat for the summer though... And damn some of you guys have small wastes for how big y'all are. I'm size 32 but I'm 5'7" 163lbs.

I'm 32-33 at 6'2"...skinny legs and arms but gut and boobs and back fat.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

It's really not that strict. I don't eat until lunch or after and I stay away from carbs till evening, and go nuts on carbs after I work out.

Yeah if I don't have a belt I'll be rocking the justin beiber look.

Yeah, go try on jeans man. I'm betting you're somewhere between 32 and 34.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I found that making your diet simple and boring is the best way to keep focus.

I'm 6'7" my waist is finally under 40 for the first time since I've been grown. It's wild.

agrajag

Banned
It's really not that strict. I don't eat until lunch or after and I stay away from carbs till evening, and go nuts on carbs after I work out.

Do you get used to not eating anything for that long? I was going to do a fasted workout this morning, but I woke up so hungry, I just couldn't do it, had to eat breakfast.

I found that making your diet simple and boring is the best way to keep focus.

I'm 6'7" my waist is finally under 40 for the first time since I've been grown. It's wild.

Yeah, the other week I made myself lunch for the whole week to take to work. Chicken, pork, sweet potatoes, broccoli, green beans, carrots, etc. Felt really good that week, but then I got sick and couldn't be bothered to cook for myself. I need to get back to doing that. My only other option is going to subway for lunch, as it's the only thing close by, and I fucking hate it.

Petrie

Banned
Do you get used to not eating anything for that long? I was going to do a fasted workout this morning, but I woke up so hungry, I just couldn't do it, had to eat breakfast.

have a cup of black coffee, then man up and go workout. you aren't hungry, you're just used to eating then.

agrajag

Banned
have a cup of black coffee, then man up and go workout. you aren't hungry, you're just used to eating then.

No man, my stomach was growling and everything. I've done fasted workouts before, I actually prefer lifting on an empty stomach. I had a lot to drink last night though, which might have to do with my hunger.

SeanR1221

Yeah, go try on jeans man. I'm betting you're somewhere between 32 and 34.

I'll pull some jeans out of storage later :)

And I'm basically doing the same now. 8 hour window of eating. Carbs on workout days (150-200) with a lot post workout. High fat low carb on rest days.

Ekdrm2d1

Basically:

Apple around lunch

To much?

How much beer do you drink? That could be the culprit.

Try drinking on the weekends only, Friday and Saturday night. You can go stricter and only drink 1 night a week, such as Friday nights.

I bring up beer because of the Franziskaner in your avatar :p

Edit: I lost some of my pregnant-like beer belly by cutting out beer completely for 1-1/2 months. (While exercising daily of course.)
Saved me some money too, win/win.

PBY

Banned
Can anyone tell me the best pre workout supplement that I can take to give me a major energy boost
Nothing has come close to Jack3d for me, but it's really not good for you (at least I'm pretty sure the Dimethyl 1,3 isn't). I just take a caffeine pill, beta alanine, and citrulline.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I actually find my fasted workouts are much better workouts.

Same for me. I used to go back and forth with my trainer about this. He wanted me to eat something before I worked out, but I kept telling him I had better workouts without anything. I no longer have a trainer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Moved to new page, fuck dat last post shit.

Just took my weighted vest out for a spin (with only 40lbs). Good god is that thing gonna kick my ass. Did 1 mile and I can tell I'm gonna have to build up slowly.

I actually find my fasted workouts are much better workouts. And I still get hungry in the morning, but my coffee or simply being busy counteracts it.

Same for me. I used to go back and forth with my trainer about this. He wanted me to eat something before I worked out, but I kept telling him I had better workouts without anything. I no longer have a trainer.

Oh shit! Welcome to the thread Ellis!

Sorry to hear about your trainer, probably better that way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom