• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Okay, these cookie dough Quest bars are the shit. They don't seem like they should be healthy. Speaking of shit, I'll be having a good one later after this and the coffee. These are so much better than the brownie ones I got before.

blackflag

I used to love fasted workouts but now I can't get to the gym until like 8pm so there's no chance of that happening. I just eat protein and some vege before and then like a whole pizza and ice cream or whatever after.

Petrie

Banned
Okay, these cookie dough Quest bars are the shit. They don't seem like they should be healthy. Speaking of shit, I'll be having a good one later after this and the coffee. These are so much better than the brownie ones I got before.

Yep. Thy Tate like dessert, but nutritionally are like damn plain chicken and broccoli or some shot. So good!

YOU'RE WELCOME GAF!

Lol

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Oh shit! Welcome to the thread Ellis!

Sorry to hear about your trainer, probably better that way though.

I guess I haven't posted in here before. :)

I had a trainer while I was doing this program through my gym when I was in active weight loss mode. He was a nice guy, but I discovered I prefer to work out on my own. Allows me to clear my head at the beginning of the day. So once, I was going to beginning to pay extra for his services, I cut the cord.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I guess I haven't posted in here before. :)

I had a trainer while I was doing this program through my gym when I was in active weight loss mode. He was a nice guy, but I discovered I prefer to work out on my own. Allows me to clear my head at the beginning of the day. So once, I was going to beginning to pay extra for his services, I cut the cord.

Good idea. What kind of plan are you on now? Still trying to reduce fat? You looked pretty trim last I saw a picture of you.

Ekdrm2d1

With all this Quest Bar talk, looks like I need to get some. Heading there after work today.

They're OK. Buy them for the health benefits. If you want a good tasting 20gram protein bar, look elsewhere. Be prepared to have a "candy bar" though. Tons of sugar, fat, sodium, etc. etc.

I only eat Quest bars for the health benefits. So many other bars tastes better :(

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Good idea. What kind of plan are you on now? Still trying to reduce fat? You looked pretty trim last I saw a picture of you.

I've been maintaining my weight since November and doing Starting Strength. Just shifted back into weight loss mode this week. Looking to get under 200, but at the same time, minimize muscle loss.

Cudder

Can anyone tell me the best pre workout supplement that I can take to give me a major energy boost

You need to try some of them out on your own and experiment.

I have a very high caffeine/stim tolerance. I can have 5 espressos right before bed and fall asleep like a baby.

I've tried a few PWO's now and while I don't get that huge "energy boost" that people claim to get, I absolutely notice more focus and stamina in my workouts compared to before, and that allows me to get more reps on some of my exercises. I'm still in the process of trying out different pre workouts to find the one I like best.

Mayyhem

Fasted workouts are much better for me also. Especially after fasting for a solid amount of time, I feel great in the gym. All I drink is some BCAA's and water during the workout and I'm fine. The hunger that builds up post-workout is intense too.

God damn taking back pics is tricky, gonna have to ask for assistance from the GF in the future:

IMG_20130408_234015.jpg

Time to buy a new bag of protein.
Q: Are the settings on the following site more or less decent?
http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

I'm particularly interested in their lean gain calculations, but it looks like any muscle gains comes with a significant increase in BF%.

blackflag

God damn taking back pics is tricky, gonna have to ask for assistance from the GF in the future:

Time to buy a new bag of protein.
Q: Are the settings on the following site more or less decent?
http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

I'm particularly interested in their lean gain calculations, but it looks like any muscle gains comes with a significant increase in BF%.

That's actually a pretty good site for those calsulations. I've used it before.

I used to think that the diet part was absolutely the worst part. But after a while when you really start to see the fruits of your labor then it really becomes fun, for lack of a better word, to eat a lot and eat healthy.

I realized how much of my past workouts much have just been a complete waste because I wouldn't even come close to my daily protein intake. I HATED eating breakfast. Such a huge pain in the ass. But now I totally enjoy it.
3 eggs with a big ace scoop of fage and smoked salmon and capers. Soo delicious.

I guess the point I am making is I find it fascinating that something I hated doing, cooking and wasting the time making elaborate healthy meals is actually something you can totally break the bad attitude about and really learn to enjoy it.

Yeah I feel you man. The working out aspect of getting healthy is always much easier for me than the diet part.

Alright guys I'm starting to want to try a Quest Bar. How natural are these things though? I'm assuming they have enough chemicals in them to spawn Batmans next super villain.

btw based gaf, what are better shoes for lifting (cheap price): vans or chuck taylors?

Chuck Taylor's. Always go with Chuck.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Is there a SS excel? I am lazy, it would be nice to just pop in the 5 x 3 work set and have it count the rest for all warm ups, maybe even automatically provide a few weeks worth of linear increase work sets.

CrankyJay

Banned
Alright guys I'm starting to want to try a Quest Bar. How natural are these things though? I'm assuming they have enough chemicals in them to spawn Batmans next super villain.

The original line use sucralose...and the "natural" line uses sugar alcohols. Some people are sensitive to sugar alcohols...I just don't like the taste and texture they provide so I prefer the original line.

andycapps

btw based gaf, what are better shoes for lifting (cheap price): vans or chuck taylors?

Vans are a lot more stylish, so there's that. I use Vans, FWIW, but I have some Chucks I wouldn't mind using. I just have some worn out Vans that I've retired to be used for weightlifting.

Mine ended up costing 16.70. Going to grab two more dozen, just wish the flavor variety was a bit better. Yes chocolate brownie is damn tasty but I want to try some of the other flavors, but GNC just doesn't carry them

I want to know how the hell the GNC here doesn't have any box price at all on these. Mine came out to like $23!

Nibel

Man, I wished there was a way to get Questbars in Germany for a good price - everything I saw is super overpriced

Also, whoever came up with scrambled eggs + smoked salmon is a genius; tastes fantastic

Cudder

Any way to get questbars to Canada? I got about 4 boxes when I was in the US 2 months ago, but I'm in need of more.

Nutrition House sells them.

BB.com, Quest Bars official website sells them, and plenty of other online supp stores, but they are all fucking expensive.

I went to a Nutrition House on my way to work to pick up a couple, and not only did they not have the Cookie Dough Flavour, they were all sold out of every flavour until tomorrow. fml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom