• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Salty sweet is a thing with me.

One of the best combos I ever had was vanilla ice cream w/rold gold pretzel sticks. Back when I ate breads...god damn what a combo. That SALT, that SWEET

SeanR1221

Trying to plan my day tomorrow. Breakfast hoagie, sesame chicken for lunch, dinner I think my groomsmen are taking me out for sushi. Then a lot of drinking.

If I don't make it out alive, my rehbands are up for grabs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
sausage has always been the superior breakfast meat

sausage >>>> bacon

I'm so burned out on sausage patties, I threw away 2 of them the other day because I was just DONE. I've not had bacon since I went keto. Should remedy that...

Szu

Apparently, it's staff appreciation week at my office. Today at 4 pm, they're serving free deserts.

Damn it.

However, I've agreed to leave work early today because I have something planned with da wife.

So, yah, my wife's looking out for me.

(Still crying on the inside.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently, it's staff appreciation week at my office. Today at 4 pm, they're serving free deserts.

Damn it.

But, I've agreed to leave work early today, because I have something planned with da wife.

So, yah, my wife's looking out for me.

(Still crying on the inside.)

Man, that's brutal. Glad you're getting out of there early.

We got 48 donuts sitting around and no staff but me and one other person today. not 48 glazed - 48 special nice-ass donuts.

Gonna shoot myself brb

I ate so many of these when I was a fatty. Do they sell them at night? Doubtful right?
Errr I should read better.

I wish they did, man. I wish they did.

And after reading more and more, I'm starting to become a huge fan of working out a body part twice a week. I think this is why something like the three month BBB challenge with 5/3/1 is so effective. You have your heavy squats one day and then your volume squats another. Same with PHAT, Periodization Bible, and many others. Also, I have embraced having a specialized month or so where you work on nothing but one particular part of your body while maintaining the others (like I did with chest last month). Really want to do one for back at the end of the summer.

Ekdrm2d1

I ate it all the time when I was a fatty.

Ha. Well, I'm talking about now during all of our health and fitness states.

I used to eat it 3+ years ago, probably even 2 years ago. Not any more though, the complete opposite. I'm the person wasting money on organic foods :p

If I have a cheat meal or treating myself I would eat at a real restaurant. Not at McDonalds, etc. etc.

Mayyhem

Some of you guys actually eat fast food? :p

I do once in a little while, maybe even once a week sometimes, but I definitely don't go all out when I do. It's never really negatively effected my gains from what I can deduce. However, I'm also not really cutting hard atm, I'm sure if I was I wouldn't

Kyaw

Today I just thought fuck it and slapped on 60kg for OHP.

Got 2 singles and 2 more with a little help on the sticking point. That one plate OHP feel.

Today was a good day.

Last night I watched him force some guy off the power rack. Threatened to fuck him up if he didn't leave. The guy was smaller, about 5'6, maybe 160-170, and clearly intimidated.
He later tried to take a set of 55s I was using. I yelled out, "Yo, I'm still using those!", then he glared at me but put them back down and walked away. He also kept hitting on some chick who was trying to squat, and clearly wasn't interested. She grabbed her stuff and left.

There was one of those at my old gym, he'd throw huge shit fits if "his" treadmill wasn't open or someone else was using the squat rack when he was at the premises. What an ass. I corrected his deadlift form once and he fucked off for good. Maybe ignoring such assholes works better, but man was it satisfying.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It's only been 15 days of eating clean and I'm feinding for a burger. It's happening this afternoon. Trying to decide where.
Restaurant Burger: Ground chuck, aged bacon, excellent quality ingredients.
Five guys: good fresh burger. Real food.
Fat Burger: pretty similar to Five Guys.

Hope my phone warranty covers water damage due to drool.

Gonna pop some ALA before the meal and skip the fries. But there is still a touch of guilt that will likely be washed down and crushed by bacon.

CrankyJay

Banned
It's only been 15 days of eating clean and I'm feinding for a burger. It's happening this afternoon. Trying to decide where.

Gonna pop some ALA before the meal and skip the fries. But there is still a touch of guilt that will likely be washed down and crushed by bacon.

I'd go Restaurant or home cooked.

Mayyhem

which one is the mcgriddle again? whats in it? you guys are making me want to buy one, havnt had mcdonalds breakfast in years

blackflag

Why take the ALA if you are skipping the fries? Then the only carb is really the bun right? Can't be that much or do you take it for some other reason?

CrankyJay

Banned
it's the one where the biscuit is soaked in maple syrup.

It's a syrup infused pancake....

tumblr_lqaz3dqgB41r1me4no1_1280.jpg

And now I need one....gdi

blackflag

Ha. Well, I'm talking about now during all of our health and fitness states.

I used to eat it 3+ years ago, probably even 2 years ago. Not any more though, the complete opposite. I'm the person wasting money on organic foods :p

If I have a cheat meal or treating myself I would eat at a real restaurant. Not at McDonalds, etc. etc.

I am currently on my workout nights post. Usually it's pizza or boston market, occasionally taco bell, five guys, etc.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Why take the ALA if you are skipping the fries? Then the only carb is really the bun right? Can't be that much or do you take it for some other reason?

Haven't had bread for ages. I get pretty intense hypoglycemic symptoms on the regular. So was just covering the bases.
But I guess you are right. Might be a waste.

blackflag

I wish they did, man. I wish they did.

And after reading more and more, I'm starting to become a huge fan of working out a body part twice a week. I think this is why something like the three month BBB challenge with 5/3/1 is so effective. You have your heavy squats one day and then your volume squats another. Same with PHAT, Periodization Bible, and many others. Also, I have embraced having a specialized month or so where you work on nothing but one particular part of your body while maintaining the others (like I did with chest last month). Really want to do one for back at the end of the summer.

I really wish I had time. I'd need to work out 6 days a week but the most I can do is 5. I guess I could dowhat you are thinking and hit my lagging body part 2x in a week.

BRB benching 325.......chest still looks small compared to everything else.

blackflag

Haven't had bread for ages. I get pretty intense hypoglycemic symptoms on the regular. So was just covering the bases.
But I guess you are right. Might be a waste.

In that case just be careful. Taking ALA without enough carbs can actually cause hypoglycemia. I'd imagin a bun is at least 30-40g carbs so you are probably ok.

Ekdrm2d1

I am currently on my workout nights post. Usually it's pizza or boston market, occasionally taco bell, five guys, etc.

Good deal. I was basically implying that cheap, fast food is probably horrible for you. Compared to eating like raw organic kale and a grilled chicken breast, etc.

I exercise Monday - Friday and take the weekend as rest. As a reward I'll be buying fresh pizza from Central Market tonight and having beer to drink. My version of eating at McDonalds :p

I love how after a few months of cutting things out, that you lack cravings for "cheat meals".

Been only eating veggies, lean chicken, fish, protein shakes, cottage cheese and fruits the past 2 months and now this past week started replacing an apple or 2 for a snack with a cucumber, broccoli and other veggies.

Last time I was this committed I looked incredible. I have been training for 14 years (wow time flies) and always have been in good shape. naturally lean build, but when I make the extra effort to cut out some shit, you can really see results from a day to day basis.

You not only physically feel better, but mentally you feel like you are on another plane, like you can accomplish anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom