• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
From an aesthetic standpoint, Cooter, you've pretty much gotten to what I'd personally consider the ideal body type. I can't even comprehend looking so impressive. Great job, duder.
Now stop shaving your chest. ;)
You're very kind. And it's trimmed not shaved. ;)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm switching from Keto to Carb Nite and I do have one question - it mentions to make sure your actual carb nite is on a workout day - does this mean post-workout? Surely it must but I wanted to make sure.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Cooter's bf-% is pretty much my ideal goal, would not cut any deeper personally. Goddam it must require discipline and dedication to get there but that is the perfect A&F bag look isn't it.

Cudder

Cooter's bf-% is pretty much my ideal goal, would not cut any deeper personally. Goddam it must require discipline and dedication to get there but that is the perfect A&F bag look isn't it.

Pretty much. Must be nice sitting at that stage that Cooter is in lol. At any time he can just be like "yeah, I think I'll spend a few weeks cutting up" and look fucking shredded at any point he wants, meanwhile most of us are just trying to get to his current state lol.

daemissary

Yeah if you go into GNC stores now they'll give you a 2 month free. So if you already have a membership they'll add two months to your existing one. Got some cinnamon roll quest bars yesterday. They're really good, but cookie dough is my favorite so far.

Got one of their mixer bottles yesterday that has a container in the bottom for protein mix. Pretty cool.

I'm guessing the slickdeals thing is about the 2 month free promo unless they're offering a year online and only 2 months in the store.

I think the 1 year for free is a YMMV sort of deal in store. I went to 3 different stores using the coupon to get Quest bars and the first 2 stores didn't mention anything about it and the 3rd store offered me the free 1 year without me even asking.

Imm0rt4l

Newbies shouldn't do dedicated splits. For maximum gains do a full body routine like Starting Strength in the OP.

I also like Ice Cream Fitness's beginner routine, which has more direct arm work, which SS lacks, but the workouts are long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY6vi6ORXo

Eat a lot and train hard and you'll gain some nice muscle mass after a year.

But don't do a split if you want maximum gains.
Speaking of ice cream fitness. Jason has been causing quite a stir in the YouTube fitness community.

entremet

Speaking of ice cream fitness. Jason has been causing quite a stir in the YouTube fitness community.

People kept asking him and he made a video, giving his personal opinions.

I don't see the controversy to be honest, he didn't even accuse anyone in the YT fitness community of juicing. None of those pics were of Youtubers.

But I do agree that there is a huge case of body dymorphic disorder amongst the Youtube commenters--could be trolls idk. But I remember when Chris Jones was bulking and people were calling him fat? WTF. I'd kill for Chris Jones bulking bf% lol.

But it seems that many of the Youtube crowd, the spectators, not the channel owners, think that looking like a contest ready bodybuilder year round is a ''normal' thing.

Imm0rt4l

People kept asking him and he made a video, giving his personal opinions.

I don't see the controversy to be honest, he didn't even accuse anyone in the YT fitness community of juicing. None of those pics were of Youtubers.

But I do agree that there is a huge case of body dymorphic disorder amongst the Youtube commenters--could be trolls idk. But I remember when Chris Jones was bulking and people were calling him fat? WTF. I'd kill for Chris Jones bulking bf% lol.

But it seems that many of the Youtube crowd thinks that looking like a contest ready bodybuilder year round is a ''normal' thing.
I had no issue with his opinion either. It's actually refreshing to get the opinion of someone who's very open about his drug use. And his juxtaposing flex wheelers "near natural state" to his prime really put things into perspective even though he pretty much threw hyaduck under the bus. I got a laugh out of him injecting the stuffed animal with tren in lieu of apologizing to layne. Some.of the fitness community subscribers are really disillusioned. Chris was on dat dirty bulk, his body.

blackflag

I'm switching from Keto to Carb Nite and I do have one question - it mentions to make sure your actual carb nite is on a workout day - does this mean post-workout? Surely it must but I wanted to make sure.

For sure, it's when uptake will be the best. Same principal as backloading.

blackflag

I had no issue with his opinion either. It's actually refreshing to get the opinion of someone who's very open about his drug use. And his juxtaposing flex wheelers "near natural state" to his prime really put things into perspective even though he pretty much threw hyaduck under the bus. I got a laugh out of him injecting the stuffed animal with tren in lieu of apologizing to layne. Some.of the fitness community subscribers are really disillusioned. Chris was on dat dirty bulk, his body.

Lol did he accuse layne? I gotta catch up on his videos.

entremet

Lol did he accuse layne? I gotta catch up on his videos.

He was trolling him. I don't think he formally accused him. He hasn't accused anyone due to being cognizant of slander laws.

The pics he used to showcase physiques on gear were traced to Josh Hyaduck, a natural pro. He never mentioned his name or showed his face, though.

Imm0rt4l

Lol did he accuse llayne I gotta catch up on his videos.
If he is accusing then it's a very subtle jab. He wasted the tren on a stuffed toy because it would hurt layne just as much it would him, so I guess the implication is there. Their current beef stems from Jason saying that laynes research is biased since he is employed by a supplement company. His opinion or accusation was a little off mark though.

Cudder

Went to my GNC and they didn't carry any Quest Bars.

Also, I never work out on weekends but it's such a nice day today, I was in a great mood and felt like working arms again. My neighbour told me about a new LA Fitness close by that I never new existed (it's pretty new). So I went there. Great club, much newer equipment and weights. Had a great workout too. Great weather always makes me want to workout.

abuC

Got a box of these cookie dough Quest bars. They better be good or I'm coming for you.

You're gonna be like this

tumblr_m506j9lTKT1ql74us.gif

After you taste the goodness of Quest bars. Praise be to Petrie.

Cooter

Just put a half of brownie Quest in the microwave for 5 seconds. Not bad at all. Nice change up!

Powercast

He was trolling him. I don't think he formally accused him. He hasn't accused anyone due to being cognizant of slander laws.

The pics he used to showcase physiques on gear were traced to Josh Hyaduck, a natural pro. He never mentioned his name or showed his face, though.

He kinda mentioned Ryan Doris, one of the best "genetic blessed" naturals, who is also Layne's client just like Hyaduck.
Funny dude, really like his channel.

Cooter

Yeah it makes em a lot better

Do warm all of them? I like the PB's and the cookie dough at room temp and only put the brownie in the microwave because someone at my gym specifically singled out brownie being good with a 5 second nuke.

PBY

Banned
Do warm all of them? I like the PB's and the cookie dough at room temp and only put the brownie in the microwave because someone at my gym specifically singled out brownie being good with a 5 second nuke.

I only really eat brownie and cookie dough. Both are better heated, imho, but the cookie dough gets real messy once u heat it

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bros, these Adipower shoes are amazing. They do for your squat what a belt does for it.

I feel parts of my ass/legs sore that never felt "hit" in a squat before. Not only that, I felt like I had way more control over my squat and the feeling of your feet NAILED to the ground is pretty fucking awesome.

If you're thinking about getting weightlifting shoes and have the funds fucking do it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Bros, these Adipower shoes are amazing. They do for your squat what a belt does for it.

I feel parts of my ass/legs sore that never felt "hit" in a squat before. Not only that, I felt like I had way more control over my squat and the feeling of your feet NAILED to the ground is pretty fucking awesome.

If you're thinking about getting weightlifting shoes and have the funds fucking do it.

Those are sweet shoes. I've never seen them in a store and can't tell from pictures but I'm guessing your heel sits down a bit into that midsole. Those vertical pieces look like they would give pretty insane lateral support and really lock your feet down.

Noema

Damn, I need to get me a pair of actual weightlifting shoes.

velociraptor

So I spoke to some bodybuilder (who is huge). He told me he doesn't have a routine. Does whatever exercises he wants. Eats carbs pre and post workout only. No carbs on rest days. And doesn't eat very much. He only eats when you have to eat.

I tried to argue otherwise but he said 'BUT YOU SEE, THIS IS WHAT THE BOOKS SAY. I AM LIVING PROOF OTHERWISE. IF THE BOOKS WERE RIGHT, EVERYONE WOULD BE MUSCULAR. JUST LOOK AT ME - YOU HAVE TO DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT OTHERS SAY'. To be honest, I was lost for words because I looked like a stick compared to him. He also told me the concept of calories in vs calories out is bullshit. 'To gain weight, apparently you have to train hard (I don't disagree with this), refrain from carbs as much as possible, eat tons of protein (because protein is the only macronutrient that helps build muscle).'

He's talking shit, right?

Noema

So I spoke to some bodybuilder (who is huge). He told me he doesn't have a routine. Does whatever exercises he wants. Eats carbs pre and post workout only. No carbs on rest days. And doesn't eat very much. He only eats when you have to eat.

I tried to argue otherwise but he said 'BUT YOU SEE, THIS IS WHAT THE BOOKS SAY. I AM LIVING PROOF OTHERWISE. IF THE BOOKS WERE RIGHT, EVERYONE WOULD BE MUSCULAR. JUST LOOK AT ME - YOU HAVE TO DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT OTHERS SAY'. To be honest, I was lost for words because I looked like a stick compared to him. He also told me the concept of calories in vs calories out is bullshit. To gain weight, apparently you have to train hard, and eat tons of protein (because protein is the only macronutrient that helps build muscle).

There are many ways to skin a cat.

There are also some exceptionally gifted individuals out there who get results no matter what they do, sometimes even in spite of what they do.

Noema

The problem with such exceptionally gifted individuals is that often they don't really understand how or why they are so good at what they do (because it's, well, a gift) and thus aren't usually very well suited for teaching or coaching others because they can't understand why normal people just don't do what they so effortlessly. Hence the nonchalant "I just walk into a gym and do whatever and eat whatever whenever attitude".

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I hate that Petrie guy.

What a tool.

Yeah, fuck that weirdo.

Those are sweet shoes. I've never seen them in a store and can't tell from pictures but I'm guessing your heel sits down a bit into that midsole. Those vertical pieces look like they would give pretty insane lateral support and really lock your feet down.

They are perfect.

Damn, I need to get me a pair of actual weightlifting shoes.

They really are fantastic, the good thing is NOW I KNOW my squat is definitely going to go up. If I'm activating muscles I didn't use before in my squat that means I'm boarding the gains train to PRville. WOOOOO WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to argue otherwise but he said 'BUT YOU SEE, THIS IS WHAT THE BOOKS SAY. I AM LIVING PROOF OTHERWISE. IF THE BOOKS WERE RIGHT, EVERYONE WOULD BE MUSCULAR. JUST LOOK AT ME - YOU HAVE TO DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT OTHERS SAY'. To be honest, I was lost for words because I looked like a stick compared to him. He also told me the concept of calories in vs calories out is bullshit. 'To gain weight, apparently you have to train hard (I don't disagree with this), refrain from carbs as much as possible, eat tons of protein (because protein is the only macronutrient that helps build muscle).'

He's talking shit, right?

Your buddy's middle name is Broscience.

The Chef

You're jerking the weight off the floor rather than driving thru the floor with your legs/feet

Pull with straight elbows and lock your back in extension, raise your hips before you pull.

Monday is my next leg day so I'll definitely work on it.
Thanks man.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Monday is my next leg day so I'll definitely work on it.
Thanks man.

As Noema said, bring your hips forward sooner/more. The bar should be close to your legs the entire way up; as soon as it's past your knees the forward thrust of your hips should bring it to your thighs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom