• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I've been having countless discussion with my mate about our workout procedures and such.

I usually workout 6 days a week with a 3-day rotation. 1st day chest/triceps, 2nd day back/biceps, 3rd day shoulders, legs, abs and then one day pause.

Every 3-day rotation I do different types of exercises, for example I do chest with dumbells one day but chest on machines or barbell another day. Just to avoid getting bored that is. My pal is telling me that this isn't a good idea as my muscles isn't getting the needed stimulation from the continous exercise over several weeks and months. Or something like that...

Any comments on that ? And if you have any tips for me you're also very welcome.

Thanks.
I'm not sure there is a right answer here. The only muscles I work twice a week are legs. Everything else is always once a week. I am in no rush and have always enjoyed giving smaller muscles like chest a full week to rest and repair. Technically I know I can probably go every 5 or 6 days but I never saw the point.

did my first squat. I went with light weights but 4 sets of 5.
still having hard time with bench press. From youtube videos, you're suppose to pop ur chest a little bit and arch ur lower back? is that right

Petrie

Banned
I've been having countless discussion with my mate about our workout procedures and such.

I usually workout 6 days a week with a 3-day rotation. 1st day chest/triceps, 2nd day back/biceps, 3rd day shoulders, legs, abs and then one day pause.

Every 3-day rotation I do different types of exercises, for example I do chest with dumbells one day but chest on machines or barbell another day. Just to avoid getting bored that is. My pal is telling me that this isn't a good idea as my muscles isn't getting the needed stimulation from the continous exercise over several weeks and months. Or something like that...

Any comments on that ? And if you have any tips for me you're also very welcome.

Thanks.

sounds like you have a case of fuckarounditis.

what are you hoping to achieve?

how long have you been lifting seriously?

we need a lot more info.

rando14

still having hard time with bench press. From youtube videos, you're suppose to pop ur chest a little bit and arch ur lower back? is that right

Retract your shoulders and rest your upper back on your traps. This should arch up your lower back in the process.

grumble

Well not exactly for a standard flat bench press. Tighten your back, back and down. by squeezing your shoulderblades together and down. Plant your feet firmly on the ground. Tighten up your entire body, keeping your back in a neutral position (no huge arch for now). Squeeze the bar like you're going to leave fingerprints in it, and when you unrack it don't shove it up and lose the tightness in your back and lats, just get it over the lip. When you bring it down, touch your shirt but don't bounce it off your chest, and keep tight during each rep.

So the lower back will be slightly arched but not a big arch.

One month in full body progress pic

f333eab0-b878-4800-997a-9ae21fa73497_zpsfa90a4ed.jpg

we getting there baby!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One month in full body progress pic

we getting there baby!

Can't save that godawful hairstyle but yes, the statue is beginning to take shape! Those goddamn quads! Gonna be PISTONS. Your chest is gonna be bitchin too.

bjb

Banned
Edge you're looking good man.

As a straight man - I could have done without the lower body shot of your junk, but otherwise keep up the good work.

Edit: I second what Sunflower said - cut that shit on your head. Starting to look like Iman Shumpert.

Cooter

Edge you're looking good man.

As a straight man - I could have done without the lower body shot of your junk, but otherwise keep up the good work.

Edit: I second what Sunflower said - cut that shit on your head. Starting to look like Iman Shumpert.
lol! I was thinking the same thing. If you're gonna do it pull out the cheetah g-strings Edge!

My first question would be - how long have you been working out? Have you been working out long enough that your routine needs to be this demanding?

If it has been under a year it sounds like you need to reduce your number of workouts and adjust what you're doing, but it hinges on how long it's been for you.

sounds like you have a case of fuckarounditis.

what are you hoping to achieve?

how long have you been lifting seriously?

we need a lot more info.

Oh sorry for being vague guys!

I've been lifting for about 3 years now, 2 years seriously. I'm bulking at the moment and I was just wondering if there was anything to what my buddy was saying in my first post.

sphinx

the piano man
today, after countless leg raises in wacky and crazy variations, coupled with some crunches thrown in there, I went to the lockers, took my shirt off, looked at the mirror and for the first time ever, possibly with help of the light and the angle...... I saw a SIX PACK.. :O :O :O I swear it was there, I could tell exactly where each square was, never ever had I been able to tell the squares apart. Not at my leanest, not at my bulkiest, never.

It helped that I been going to the toilet and getting rid of lots of stuff I had been carrying with me, lol.

conclusion: the body is fucking crazy. When I took the "after" pic of my last before/after some pages back, I was so incredibly bellied, now I am seeing squares, WTF..that was just 5 or 6 days ago..

sad that they'll be gone until who knows when after I eat my dinner tonight but it was nice seeing them :)

Petrie

Banned
Screw the haters, hair is awesome.

Be proud of your junk too, as a straight man, I'm comfortable with you being comfortable.

Kyaw

Edge's hair looks awesome, wtf. You gotta put products in though, right? Shit's messy right now.

Looking good, man!

Dosia

Don't kill me, but I'd put your bf% at just a bit higher. Maybe 11% or so. You should really get it checked! You could get absolutely shredded if you decided to go lower though. Mirin

Dang. I have one of those Omron digital body fat devices and it says I am at 11.5% and I look not nearly as cut as him. Going off my thing I would have guessed he was in the 8-10 range.

Petrie

Banned
Dang. I have one of those Omron digital body fat devices and it says I am at 11.5% and I look not nearly as cut as him. Going off my thing I would have guessed he was in the 8-10 range.

with all that muscle he can look far more cut at higher % bodyfat. I'd need to hit 7-8ish to get similar cuts.

Cooter

Who knows and who cares! I guessed 9 because I've been tested much fatter than this and it said 12 percent. Of course it is entirely possible it was inaccurate. If I'm 12 now I must have been 15+ a few months ago which seems crazy to me but I don't claim to be an expert on mens body fat percentage. :)

Petrie

Banned
Who knows and who cares! I guessed 9 because I've been tested much fatter than this and it said 12 percent. Of course it is entirely possible it was inaccurate. If I'm 12 now I must have been 15+ a few months ago which seems crazy to me but I don't claim to be an expert on mens body fat percentage. :)

bottom line is most of us would kill to look like that, especially after a 3 week cut.

we of course realize it's been years and years of actual effort to get there.

kudos. mad jelly.

Imm0rt4l

They aren't very accurate. I think they're good to see trends, but there are variables like water that affect the test. You could probably get different results pre and post workout. Also I believe they're pretty much useless under 10percent bf.

This talk about bodyfat percentages.
I have a ridiculously high BF%, but I don't want to cut it until I've bulked up at least another 10KG of lean mass.

Petrie

Banned
They aren't very accurate. I think they're good to see trends, but there are variables like water that affect the test. You could probably get different results pre and post workout. Also I believe they're pretty much useless under 10percent bf.

hell, a shower and a glass of water can alter it by several % points.

Darren870

What kind of diet did you follow for your cut?

sphinx

the piano man
it feels like measuring BF% is like reading your daily horoscope.... you get the result and you think " yeah, could be, something like that, maybe". hehe.

Cooter

bottom line is most of us would kill to look like that, especially after a 3 week cut.

we of course realize it's been years and years of actual effort to get there.

kudos. mad jelly.

Thanks. Kudos to you my man because this has been the easiest cut I've ever done by far thanks to the amazing discovery of our favorite protein bar!!

Petrie

Banned
Thanks. Kudos to you my man because this has been the easiest cut I've ever done by far thanks to the amazing discovery of our favorite protein bar!!

THEY ARE DELICIOUS!

I've had a cookie dough and a peanut butter supreme today.

I will have at least one more at the hockey game tonight to help avoid nachos.

Must buy more.

So good.

Meh. Don't read web md if you don't want to scare yourself. Been having sciatic symptoms in my glute/legend I'm scared I have a bulging disc.

Gonna take a few weeks off from lifting. Fuck.

For that matter don't go on Google either. The Internet in general will tell you one of three things for any description of symptoms:

1) It's torn
2) It's a tumor
3) it's cancer

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I have every intention of sporting a pair this Summer.

Some of us just rock an overflowing amount of confidence.

Hahaha.

Day after day, we see wearers of Cargo Shorts self-consciously hiding their God-given gams when all their legs want to do is experience a little freedom and sunshine.

Why all those pockets? Do you really need to carry that many things on a daily basis? Or is it that the bulk of those pockets serves to further constrict your thighs and extend the confidence-shrinking effect of those ever so lengthy shorts?

Haha. I applaud their mission. But I'm hella confident in the shorts I wear. Even the ones with all those pockets. :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
For that matter don't go on Google either. The Internet in general will tell you one of three things for any description of symptoms:

1) It's torn
2) It's a tumor
3) it's cancer

Dude I was just on WebMd last night and I think I may have torn my cancerous tumor!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Meh. Don't read web md if you don't want to scare yourself. Been having sciatic symptoms in my glute/legend I'm scared I have a bulging disc.

Gonna take a few weeks off from lifting. Fuck.

It's probably just an inflamed piriformus bud. My right leg was numb as shit and my lower back on the right side ached something serious. My MT took care of it. See a doc and/or a MT.

Also look up piriformus stretches.

It's just sugar, caffeine and broscience. It's not that serious.

It contains the deconstructed components of ephedra, it IS that serious.

bjb

Banned
Is that the coffee, butter, honey mix?

Not sure if serious...

Creatine Monohydrate, Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anhydrous), L-Citrulline, Dendrobex™ (Dendrobium Extract) (Stem) (Concentrated For Alkaloid Content Including Dendrobine, Dendroxine, Dendramine, B-Phenylethylamine, N,N-Dimethyl-B-Phenylethylamine, And N,N-Diethyl-B-Phenylethylamine), B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Citramine™ (Citrus Reticulata Extract) (Fruit) (Concentrated For N-Methyltyramine Content), Caffeine Anhydrous

Overpriced coffee with creatine. Neither of which should be considered god-tier.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I used to take ephedra back in my early 20s, hellacious feeling but I got mad REALLY quick and felt like my heart would pop. I can't recommend anything related but uh, it definitely does THINGS. But it was a huge part of me assaulting an employee long ago so you might feel weird or pissy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom