• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider me a Quest bar convert. I tried the Banana Nut Muffin and the Strawberry cheesecake. The texture sucks and they are way too chewy, but the great taste and complete lack of protein bar "aftertaste" makes them great.

These are porksteaks Cooter.

931235_10201123533361421_1704576_n.jpg

oh god do want

Consider me a Quest bar convert. I tried the Banana Nut Muffin and the Strawberry cheesecake. The texture sucks and they are way too chewy, but the great taste and complete lack of protein bar "aftertaste" makes them great.

pop them in the microwave for a bit. softens them up and it is delicious.

sphinx

the piano man
My jaw just dropped. Now that I'm single again, I can't be bothered to cook anything but overcooked chicken breasts on the foreman grill :(

hehe, I wonder how many of us, single men here in the fitness thread, do this several times every week.

I am trying to learn new stuff, as it gets boring really fast.

due props to,

Szu: Looking damn well! I love the kick pic. Can you do a full split? I know it's said we shouldn't stretch but I want to do a complete split so I stretch :p I am getting near! pics will prove it when the time has come. Those hamstrings BUUURNN!! hehe.

Sean: I agree with cooter, to be able to show workout results with a polo shirt, you gotta have good genes and work hard, congrats. If I ever get any attention, it's because I am wearing a very tight (even a bit tacky, lol) shirt but with a Polo style, no way.

Abu: great to read you are doing well. You have been struggling with your shoulder for a year perhaps? I remember you from back then. In any case, great news.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
My jaw just dropped. Now that I'm single again, I can't be bothered to cook anything but overcooked chicken breasts on the foreman grill :(

To be fair, the BBQ sauce "doctoring" took an hour, then I spent 2 hours cooking these because it started raining almost immediately after I put them in the grill (stayed in the grill for about an hour and 15 minutes, I BBQ off of direct heat in a smoker). I then had to transfer them to the oven when it was raining little enough not to mess up the meat.

Highly annoying and I was afraid they would be ruined, but they turned out pretty well.

Noema

I dream of the day I get my own power rack, flat bench, barbell and plates so that I'm able to train at home.

But if there's one thing I'd miss from my gym is the preacher curls machine. God I love that fucking thing. I get the most fucking intense pump out of it.

It's the most satisfying feeling you can get at the gym. Blood is flowing through your muscles and your skin feels really tight, like someone vas blowing hot aihr on youh skihn.

It's like the feeling of...of...coming.

81941954.gif

abuC

Any good deals on protein powder out there?

Glad to hear things are getting better.

Good shit, bro.

Will do.

That snap action was all "Oh shit, he's serious."

Good shit man.

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh buddy!!

Thanks broskis, I haven't felt this good since December, last week was so shitty in the gym that the Lift Gods must have taken sympathy on me and gave me my shoulder back.

Banglish

Guise, need moar feedback!

First couple sets are warm-up.

Squat
http://youtu.be/Tr6hKSY8Aag

Bench
http://youtu.be/QHUrqmZzEWo

Deadlift
http://youtu.be/8L6XGluHSOU

Last set was clearly too heavy(140), evident of my ugly grimacing and shit form.

Also, does anyone experience "snapping"? When I rotate my right shoulder occasionally it will "snap", no pain, just a noise.
Same thing happens in my knees as well when I bend them passed 90 degrees. Same with my elbows, and I haven't had any injuries.
Going to see my doctor but was wondering if it is a bad idea to continue lifting.

Davidion

Just got in from the gym, was supposed to do shoulders/back hypertrophy today but that first set of OHP felt the best I've felt in months. So, I turned it into a shoulder workout and overworked them like a muddasucka, my right shoulder is 90% and there was no pain or fatigue right out the gate. I made my right shoulder my bitch today, reminded it who the boss was -

FYq7M.gif%20

Awesome. It's an amazing feeling to not have crap shoulders.

theytookourjobz

Looks pretty good Banglish. Try to avoid looking down so much when you squat. Where the eyes go, the body follows. Keep looking straight ahead and that will help keep your upper back tight. Good work dude!

sphinx

the piano man
It's the most satisfying feeling you can get at the gym.

I´ve been meaning to ask...

of all exercises, moves, etc, you guys do in your workouts, which one would be the most satisfying and which one the least satisfying (not related to bad form, but to the nature of the exercise)?

In my case

Most satisfying: high bar Squat, easily. To feel all that weight on my back/traps before going down, makes me feel very powerful, no other move gives me that feeling and going back up feels like a triumph

Least satisfying: Leg Extensions machine... man, I am screaming like a little girl inside of my head, during and after that exercise, it burns so bad -_-

agrajag

Banned
Guise, need moar feedback!

your deadlift form is off, but I'll let Noema or someone else more knowledgeable than me explain further

of all exercises, moves, etc, you guys do in your workouts, which one would be the most satisfying and which one the least satisfying (not related to bad form, but to the nature of the exercise)?

In my case

Most satisfying: high bar Squat, easily. To feel all that weight on my back/traps before going down, makes me feel very powerful, no other move gives me that feeling and going back up feels like a triumph

Least satisfying: Leg Extensions machine... man, I am screaming like a little girl inside of my head, during and after that exercise, it burns so bad -_-

Last time I did leg extentions, I did the whole rack for reps, that was after doing squat sets. I know it's something stupid to be proud of, but feelsgoodman. Definitely a little sign that I'm getting stronger. On the flip side, squats and ohp are my least satisfying lifts. I dread squats. And ohp, it's just so hard to progress in them for me. Deadlifts make me feel beastly.

WorldStar

Banned

Heavy deadlifts and squats make me feel like a fucking monster/beast mode.

so those are the most satisfying.

Barbell shoulder presses are also very, very satisfying to me for some reason.

Least satisfying? Anything abs.

CrankyJay

Banned

I attribute the texture of these particular bars to the sugar alcohols. Try bars from their original line.

bjb

Banned
I've started running a lot lately.

In the past I've always hit weights pretty heavily and mostly neglected cardio. I'd typically only use the elliptical when it comes to cardio.

Started running at a nearby park. Makes me realize how out of shape I am in some respects, regardless of how much I can lift at the gym. I get winded after about a mile. I have friends that can run marathons no problem.

I've decided to make it my top priority to increase my ability to simply run and improve my cardiovascular health in general.

Had no idea how hard running is when you never do it.

My endurance really picked up lately doing sprints - running suicides at the park. The grass is certainly easier on the joints too. Fuck a treadmill (imo).

But yeah - I know what you mean. I played a pickup game last week against mostly high school kids. I ended up having to guard the smallest kid there. Probably 5'4 and 140 pounds. Motherfucker was like Usain Bolt. I just stopped caring about defense after a few full court runs.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

In my case

Most satisfying would be deadlift and military press because one you're picking shit up off the ground and your entire body is involved. And the other you're pressing weight above your head.

Both "scream" strong mother fucker.

Least would be bench press, because every idiot with arms can and does do it. It's also the first question I get from people (how much do you bench). Like that's the "be all end all" of lifting.

agrajag

Banned
Yeah, I tried the Banana Nut quest bar today and I'm not impressed with the texture. Ah well, at least they're good for you. Too bad they didn't have the cookie dough flavor everyone here is raving about.

As far as taste/texture goes nothing beats the Power Crunch bars for me. They're delicious fucking wafer bars, and they taste like a wafer bar much more than a protein bar.

X5-72283-X500.gif

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
More PBs ladies!

Weighted dips:

25x15
45x15
70x12
115x10
135x6

EDIT: Those look delicious Shogun! They would easily qualify for a cut meal!

abuC

Jay Cutlers routine, plan to do everything here, already added into my Calendar for next week. I haven't ordered steroids, or developed a lisp though, I figure since I've done GVT the volume shouldn't be a prob.

Monday – Delts, Traps, Triceps & Abs:
* Delts Dumbbell Side Laterals 3 sets x 12 reps
* Dumbbell Press 3 sets x 8-12 reps
* Side Lateral Cable 3 sets x 8-12 reps
* Front Raise with Olympic Bar 2 sets x 10 reps
* Bent Over Dumbbell Laterals 3 sets x 10 reps

* Triceps Cable Extension 4 sets x 15 reps
* Single Arm Extensions 3 sets x 15 reps
* Close-Grip Bench Press 3 sets x 8 reps
* Superset: French Press 3 sets x 8 reps
* Dumbbell Kickbacks 3 sets x 12 reps
* Dips 3 sets of 15 reps

* Traps Shrugs 4 sets x 12 reps

* Abs Crunches 3 sets x 20 reps
* Rope Crunch 3 sets x 20 reps
* Hanging Leg Raise 3 sets x 12 reps
* Leg Lifts 3 sets x 10 reps

Tuesday – Back:

* Back Wide-Grip Pulldowns 3 sets x 10 reps
* Dumbbell Rows 3 sets x 10 reps
* Bent Over Barbell Rows 4 sets x 10 reps
* Deadlifts 3 sets x 12 reps
* Close-Grip T-bar Row 3 sets x 10 reps
* Behind-the-Neck Pulldowns 3 sets x 10 reps
* Seated Rows 3 sets x 10 reps
* Hyperextensions 3 sets x 10 reps

Wednesday – Off

Thursday – Chest, Biceps, Forearms & Abs:

* Chest Incline Barbell Press 5 sets x 10-12 reps
* Flat Dumbbell Press 3 sets x 8-10 reps
* Incline Dumbbell Flyes 3 sets x 10 reps
* Cable Crossovers 3 sets x 12 reps
* Decline Bench Press 3 sets x 8 reps

* Biceps Straight Bar Curl 5 sets x 15 reps
* Single Arm Dumbbell Curl 3 sets x 12 reps
* Single Arm Preacher Curl 3 sets x 10 reps
* Hammer Curl 2 sets x 12-15 reps

* Forearms Reverse Curls 6 sets x 15 reps

Friday – Quads:

* Leg Extensions 3 sets x 20 reps
* Leg Press 4 sets x 12 reps
* Squats 4 sets x 6-10 reps
* Lunges 3 sets x 8 steps per leg
* Leg Extensions (heavy) 4 sets x 10 reps

Saturday – Hamstrings, Calves & Abs:

* Hamstrings Lying Leg Curl 6 sets x 12 reps
* Romanian Deadlift 3 sets x 10 reps
* Single Leg Hamstring Curl 3 sets x 12 reps
* Leg Press (feet high and wide) 3 sets x 12 reps

* Calves Standing Calf Raise 4 sets x 10 reps
* Donkey Calf Raise 2 sets x 10 reps
* Seated Calf Raise 3 sets x 10 reps

Sunday – Off

"Can't wait" - Bart Scott

The Chef

Took my 11 uneaten chocolate peanut butter quest bars back to GMC and they let me exchange them for other flavors no problem.

Noema

Today a bro at my gym learned that trying his 1RM+45bx2 on Skullcrushers can be...unwise.

"So THAT'S why they call them skullcrushers".

SeanR1221

hehe, I wonder how many of us, single men here in the fitness thread, do this several times every week.

I am trying to learn new stuff, as it gets boring really fast.

due props to,

Szu: Looking damn well! I love the kick pic. Can you do a full split? I know it's said we shouldn't stretch but I want to do a complete split so I stretch :p I am getting near! pics will prove it when the time has come. Those hamstrings BUUURNN!! hehe.

Sean: I agree with cooter, to be able to show workout results with a polo shirt, you gotta have good genes and work hard, congrats. If I ever get any attention, it's because I am wearing a very tight (even a bit tacky, lol) shirt but with a Polo style, no way.

Abu: great to read you are doing well. You have been struggling with your shoulder for a year perhaps? I remember you from back then. In any case, great news.

Just saw this now. Thanks man! Just look for a good fit, try lots of different brands. Maybe the express slim fit?

---

Cooter, nice work!

---

Alien, delicious work!

abuC

Be elite, ya plebeian.

I bet you don't even drop the weights from overhead with every rep of every exercise you do.

Pussy.

You say that now, but I'm about to change the crossfit game, wait till they see the move I been working on. The bench press into jumping squat, all in one movement, I'm a pioneer.

Noema

You say that now, but I'm about to change the crossfit game, wait till they see the move I been working on. The bench press into jumping squat, all in one movement, I'm a pioneer.

They'll call it the "abuC".

WOD:

Deadlifts 225lb 300 reps
Fran: 5 minutes
abuC: 135lb 5 minutes

blackflag

I dream of the day I get my own power rack, flat bench, barbell and plates so that I'm able to train at home.

But if there's one thing I'd miss from my gym is the preacher curls machine. God I love that fucking thing. I get the most fucking intense pump out of it.

It's the most satisfying feeling you can get at the gym. Blood is flowing through your muscles and your skin feels really tight, like someone vas blowing hot aihr on youh skihn.

It's like the feeling of...of...coming.

81941954.gif

Hammer strength plate machine or something else? I must know this feel.

Banglish

Looks pretty good Banglish. Try to avoid looking down so much when you squat. Where the eyes go, the body follows. Keep looking straight ahead and that will help keep your upper back tight. Good work dude!

Thanks brah, though master rip recommends to look at a single point because it keeps the neck neutral and facilitates hip drive.
I've tried a more neutral eye position but looking down seems to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom