• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpav

GNC is trash,, sorry. Their markup is beyond terrible. Buy online, always. I went in to see if I could get some of these quest bars everyone talks about and use the coupon. member price per box, 35 dollars. No thanks. Buy a good tasting protein, a good recipe and make your own(just my thoughts). Why pay over 2 dollars for 21 grams of protein when you can pay under $.80 for 25 from a good powder?

GNC is trash,, sorry. Their markup is beyond terrible. Buy online, always. I went in to see if I could get some of these quest bars everyone talks about and use the coupon. member price per box, 35 dollars. No thanks. Buy a good tasting protein, a good recipe and make your own(just my thoughts). Why pay over 2 dollars for 21 grams of protein when you can pay under $.80 for 25 from a good powder?

$15 bux for 12 comes out to ~$1.25.

Just ease and convenience more than anything.

blackflag

You are right gnc is trash but actually they are about the cheapest place to get quest bars since there is no shipping cost. With the coupon they are lost half price. Without the coupon they are the same or better plus no shipping wait.

blackflag

Apple pie, brownie, banana nut muffin, coconut cashew, vanilla almond crunch, mixed berry bliss, strawberry cheesecake, cinnamon roll

Apple pie, banana nut muffin would've my top 2 from there but I like all of those except berry and I. Usually stay away from brownie.

CrankyJay

Banned

Did you actually take the box and have them scan the price for you? Apparently they ring in lower than what the signs say.

Imm0rt4l

jealous of that well fitting polo and pants. I cannot find a polo that fits well, they're always real tight around the chest and baggy in the belly.

This is why I only wear slim/custom fit polos from the likes of Nautica, Tommy or whatever.

Slim fitted dress shirts are ass though, I need to start tailoring my clothes.

crpav

$15 bux for 12 comes out to ~$1.25.

Just ease and convenience more than anything.

I know but they are marked as near 35 at my store and that's the member price. 10 off is 25 which is over 2 dollars a bar. I understand the convenience plus the rave I hear of the flavor, and I love good tasting stuff, but I'll just pass. I am probably more upset at being let down by the higher than expected and heard about prices.

crpav

Did you actually take the box and have them scan the price for you? Apparently they ring in lower than what the signs say.

You don't say? Well I didn't have time today and couldn't stand to listen to the sales people offer their incredible advice to customers.

blackflag

I know but they are marked as near 35 at my store and that's the member price. 10 off is 25 which is over 2 dollars a bar. I understand the convenience plus the rave I hear of the flavor, and I love good tasting stuff, but I'll just pass. I am probably more upset at being let down by the higher than expected and heard about prices.

We are buying them with the coupon....10 off the 25 dollars.

I buy them anyways though. 100 bucks a month for bars isn't gonna hurt me.

Imm0rt4l

Get button ups that say "fitted" or athletic cut. Those look fantastic.

They're still too wide in the waist for me. Haven't found a fitted that tapers properly on me yet, they look much better than non-fitted though for sure. I hear Nordstrom fitted dress shirts are good, may have to look at other fitted brands.

edit: I might have to try Express.

SeanR1221

Of course you can! Dude, you are big! You have great genetics. You in two years will be some scary shit!

Looking big and strong Sean, awesomesauce!

Thanks guys! And yeah my dad and grandfather both had big frames. Never did anything in a gym but they both had heavy labor jobs, so I think genetics might be on my side to get big :p

jealous of that well fitting polo and pants. I cannot find a polo that fits well, they're always real tight around the chest and baggy in the belly.

That's banana republic, 9.00 from the outlet! The outlet polos are hit or miss though. A couple feel a little too snug in the belly area.

Get button ups that say "fitted" or athletic cut. Those look fantastic.

I tried that at express and they were waaaay too tight in the chest and back. Where do you go?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thanks guys! And yeah my dad and grandfather both had big frames. Never did anything in a gym but they both had heavy labor jobs, so I think genetics might be on my side to get big :p

That's banana republic, 9.00 from the outlet! The outlet polos are hit or miss though. A couple feel a little too snug in the belly area.

I tried that at express and they were waaaay too tight in the chest and back. Where do you go?

Kohls lol.

Can I join you guys with the public bathroom pictures?

[.IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o592/seanr1221/3F1A9E6A-A89F-42AC-8324-B22F80166482-2380-0000012631F7956F_zps5a9ba85c.jpg[/IMG]

Post eating a rotisserie chicken at wegmans.

looking fresh man.

I shop at Express as well. They can be hit or miss regardless of the fit.

Phandy

FitGAF! I post way too little here for how much I lurk). So heres a few questions!

1) Any good accessory excercises that hit my hamstrings. The machine at the gym does some really wierd pull on my lower back and the roller hurts my boney knees. Anything else that might work?

2) Any body have to deal with blisters. I seem to get foot blisters on my big toes/ bowl of my foot. They heal up, and if I miss 1 week of football. They come back. Lately they seem to peeling off big thicks chunks. Its no fun!

3) I was stalling a lot with most of my lifts so I've started 5/3/1 (+ kicking my diet/schedule into gear) I've almost done my first cycle. How do I increase my weights for the next week. Just add the amount to every single lift? Like 2.5kg or 5kg onto everything? Or shall I recalculate my 1RM's using my reps from the 1+ reps on week 3? I was conservative for my first week, so on my 1+, say for Bench, I got 75kg x 5. It gives me 90kg 1RM for that, so I add 2.5 and then recalculate. I'm using Strength Standards to calculate the weights.

Thanks guys. I might even post a pic soon to make sure I get results!

Cudder

We are buying them with the coupon....10 off the 25 dollars.

I buy them anyways though. 100 bucks a month for bars isn't gonna hurt me.

what? fuuuuck man. you can get way more for your money with powder, but kudos to you if you have that kind of coin for bars lol.

otapnam

haha man. I'm about to go get a ton of chicken breast, grill em and freeze em in ziplocs n grab em when i need em.

I'd rather have that than eat bars all the time. (though i do have them here n there)

FitGAF! I post way too little here for how much I lurk). So heres a few questions!

1) Any good accessory excercises that hit my hamstrings. The machine at the gym does some really wierd pull on my lower back and the roller hurts my boney knees. Anything else that might work?

2) Any body have to deal with blisters. I seem to get foot blisters on my big toes/ bowl of my foot. They heal up, and if I miss 1 week of football. They come back. Lately they seem to peeling off big thicks chunks. Its no fun!

3) I was stalling a lot with most of my lifts so I've started 5/3/1 (+ kicking my diet/schedule into gear) I've almost done my first cycle. How do I increase my weights for the next week. Just add the amount to every single lift? Like 2.5kg or 5kg onto everything? Or shall I recalculate my 1RM's using my reps from the 1+ reps on week 3? I was conservative for my first week, so on my 1+, say for Bench, I got 75kg x 5. It gives me 90kg 1RM for that, so I add 2.5 and then recalculate. I'm using Strength Standards to calculate the weights.

Thanks guys. I might even post a pic soon to make sure I get results!

1) RDL, SLDL, Good Mornings, Leg Curls, Glute Ham Raises
3) I had 5/10 lbs to my training 1RM. But I am not recalculating them every time. So if I started Cycle 1 with a training 1RM @ 200, Cycle 2 training 1RM would be 205/210. Cycle 3 would be 210/220, etc

haha man. I'm about to go get a ton of chicken breast, grill em and freeze em in ziplocs n grab em when i need em.

I'd rather have that than eat bars all the time. (though i do have them here n there)

ew old chicken ;_;

theytookourjobz

First week back lifting after taking a couple months to do the cf programming at my gym. Started off pretty rough but I had a decent day today. Snatched up to 80kg and c&j up to 95kg. Not a huge day but only one miss, so ill take it. Might cut together the videos I took with my phone if anyone is interested in giving feedback.

family_guy_barfing.gif

SeanR1221

Kohls lol.

Never thought of looking there.

looking fresh man.

I shop at Express as well. They can be hit or miss regardless of the fit.

Together fitgaf is fresher than a scoped mouth.

The golf shirts fit ok, but same deal with the slim fit golf shirts. I feel like I'm at baby gap. Waaaay too tight in the chest and back. The plain shirts have a nice fit.

I shop at fuckin Costco. Oneill shirts and cargo shorts forever. Lol maybe I need to upgrade.

I got shorts from costco. I should look at the button downs. I need some nice light weight (baby) ones for my honeymoon.

Petrie

Banned
what? fuuuuck man. you can get way more for your money with powder, but kudos to you if you have that kind of coin for bars lol.

Bars taste better, and when you're eating well you don't get a ton of luxuries. May as well splurge on something.

I'm paying just a bit over $1 a bar right now. Way better than making my own, and when I make my own they don't have the same amazing protein/fat/carb/fiber ratio either. Quest are vastly superior.

f0nz0

Whoa, didnt know layne norton and Lyle McDonald had beef, it got real on chris lavados Facebook wall, interesting read

Just a tidbit of the types of comments thrown out:

Layne Norton : Also if I'm so dumb Lyle, why did you beg me to review your protein book 5 years ago (which was quite good btw)? Also why do you have someone on the cover of your ultimate diet 2.0 book who was prepped by me for those photos and didn't use your diet? I think you are a pretty smart guy Lyle, but you really need to stop having these bipolar episodes everytime someone else has a different opinion than you. I hope you are able to grow up one day
Tuesday at 12:06pm · Like · 114

Imm0rt4l

Whoa, didnt know layne norton and Lyle McDonald had beef, it got real on chris lavados Facebook wall, interesting read

Just a tidbit of the types of comments thrown out:

Layne Norton : Also if I'm so dumb Lyle, why did you beg me to review your protein book 5 years ago (which was quite good btw)? Also why do you have someone on the cover of your ultimate diet 2.0 book who was prepped by me for those photos and didn't use your diet? I think you are a pretty smart guy Lyle, but you really need to stop having these bipolar episodes everytime someone else has a different opinion than you. I hope you are able to grow up one day
Tuesday at 12:06pm · Like · 114

Lyle McDonald is a douchebag, who doesn't have issues with the guy.

Edit: he had one of his episodes recently on Brandon Campbells page too.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Just ordered these to give them a spin. If I don't like them, I'll just return them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Z3Q5KO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Never thought of looking there.

Together fitgaf is fresher than a scoped mouth.

The golf shirts fit ok, but same deal with the slim fit golf shirts. I feel like I'm at baby gap. Waaaay too tight in the chest and back. The plain shirts have a nice fit.

I got shorts from costco. I should look at the button downs. I need some nice light weight (baby) ones for my honeymoon.

+1 for golf shits.

Cudder

Bars taste better
Arguable, there are plenty of amazing tasting protein powders out there.

I'm paying just a bit over $1 a bar right now. Way better than making my own, and when I make my own they don't have the same amazing protein/fat/carb/fiber ratio either. Quest are vastly superior.

Well, to be honest I only care about the 3 main macros and total calories if I'm watching what I eat, and getting a nice tasting Isolate powder can have at least 10g more protein than a Quest bar, and much lower calories at the same time.

abuC

Just got in from the gym, was supposed to do shoulders/back hypertrophy today but that first set of OHP felt the best I've felt in months. So, I turned it into a shoulder workout and overworked them like a muddasucka, my right shoulder is 90% and there was no pain or fatigue right out the gate. I made my right shoulder my bitch today, reminded it who the boss was -

FYq7M.gif%20

Any good deals on protein powder out there?

Just got in from the gym, was supposed to do shoulders/back hypertrophy today but that first set of OHP felt the best I've felt in months. So, I turned it into a shoulder workout and overworked them like a muddasucka, my right shoulder is 90% and there was no pain or fatigue right out the gate. I made my right shoulder my bitch today, reminded it who the boss was -

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FYq7M.gif%20[/IMG]

Glad to hear things are getting better.

Imm0rt4l

FYq7M.gif%20

Good shit, bro.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
oh nice. Let me know how they fit cause I want some rugby shorts as well.

Will do.

FYq7M.gif%20

That snap action was all "Oh shit, he's serious."

Good shit man.

SeanR1221

FYq7M.gif%20

Yeaaaaahhhhhhh buddy!!

Jack_AG

Banned
One more day then I deload for a week. Been supersetting all damn week - hitting everything as hard as I could - feelsgoodman.gifpeg

I am going to concentrate on a bit more on flexibility and martial arts next week since i've been neglecting it the past month. I am just barely making my ceiling tiles in the basement when a month ago I could blast right through them with my legs... Add in some heavy bag, teaching the wife new techniques and avoiding weights like the plague. Will be a nice week to unwind.

WorldStar

Banned
I've started running a lot lately.

In the past I've always hit weights pretty heavily and mostly neglected cardio. I'd typically only use the elliptical when it comes to cardio.

Started running at a nearby park. Makes me realize how out of shape I am in some respects, regardless of how much I can lift at the gym. I get winded after about a mile. I have friends that can run marathons no problem.

I've decided to make it my top priority to increase my ability to simply run and improve my cardiovascular health in general.

Had no idea how hard running is when you never do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom