• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sky's out, thighs out.

short shorts babyyyyyyyyyyyy

Which reminds me, I need some shorts. And I need to get rid of all dees Jorts.

The summer cut was a vanity thing for an underwear run I do every year, so it's no big loss. And I'm only 23 , if I'm unhappy with how I end up looking in a year I can always alter things next year. Overthinking it will only set me back.

Sounds like you've got a handle on it man.

It's great...only downside is nerve damage in the skin in front of the patellar tendon and some hamstring/quad atrophy I'm still fighting. =(

My hamstring has actually never come back fully from ACL replacement. However I got the hamstring replacement as opposed to patella, so that's to be expected some. I figured some of the motion was just gone for good, but last time I saw a PT they said that it's actually just scar tissue blocking some of the motion range. So I've been try to do some focused work to see if I can get the motion back.

The dead spot on my shin eventually went away after like 5-6 years, so that was nice. It used to creep me out to have that dead spot with no nerves get touched.

Which reminds me, I need some shorts. And I need to get rid of all dees Jorts.

Here is where I got some of my "traditional shorts"

http://www.express.com/clothing/Men/Shorts/cat/cat280004

I'm sure macuser1of5 can suggest better/cheaper.

FE, post the link to those "short shorts" we are supposed to buy this year. I may go for it.

Workout shorts - http://www.rugbystore.com/Adidas_c_114.html
http://www.rugbyimports.com/site/pr...ent_guid=e2d7f610-3d3b-40fc-ba92-3f87fcc8ed72

Outside casual man shorts - http://www.chubbiesshorts.com/collections/in-stock

If people have more suggestions, post em up.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm looking at Rugby shorts since those seem to be what I'm looking for, but fuck they are expensive. And the one he posted that are Adidas only come in 38 at the smallest.

WorldStar

Banned
I'm looking at Rugby shorts since those seem to be what I'm looking for, but fuck they are expensive. And the one he posted that are Adidas only come in 38 at the smallest.

Get some rugby shorts, than you can look as alpha as pudz

tumblr_mkejn4p1ZF1qggjhko1_500.jpg

bjb

Banned
My hamstring has actually never come back fully from ACL replacement. However I got the hamstring replacement as opposed to patella, so that's to be expected some. I figured some of the motion was just gone for good, but last time I saw a PT they said that it's actually just scar tissue blocking some of the motion range. So I've been try to do some focused work to see if I can get the motion back.

The dead spot on my shin eventually went away after like 5-6 years, so that was nice. It used to creep me out to have that dead spot with no nerves get touched.

Ugh that sucks man. How different are isolation excercises/lifts in each leg? I've heard what you're describing from friends who have had a hamstring graft.

One was even able to recover through pretty rough spots. He complained about everything; lack of motion, mobility and strength. At some point he went and had Platet Plasma Therapy done to help with tissue regeneration. That combined with a rigorous program and possibly some other stuff he said did the trick. Talked to him recently and says he's nearly back to 100%.

CrankyJay

Banned

I got some sensation back too, but it hurts like a motherfucker if I ever bang it on something, more so than my healthy knee. It just sucks when you get an itching sensation and scratching gives you no relief. LOL.

Yeah, finding a pair of shorter shorts is hard =/

How 'bout running shorts? I use 'em for running but I don't see what makes them so different from rugby shorts all in all. When I do some full minimalist trail running with just short shorts it can feel pretty dang atavistic, running close to naked in the woods. I feel like I should track down a deer and kill it with a flint knife or something.

Ugh that sucks man. How different are isolation excercises/lifts in each leg? I've heard what you're describing from friends who have had a hamstring graft.

One was even able to recover through pretty rough spots. He complained about everything; lack of motion, mobility and strength. At some point he went and had Platet Plasma Therapy done to help with tissue regeneration. That combined with a rigorous program and possibly some other stuff he said did the trick. Talked to him recently and says he's nearly back to 100%.

Ohh, that sounds much worse than mine. My recovery was quite good and I was back playing sports with a knee brace like 8 months after at close to full speed. I think I just got lazy at the very end of my recovery and didn't do all the work needed to get it fully back. Most of the time I don't even notice it, as only very specific movements aggravate it. Basically with my right leg I can kick my foot back and kick myself in the butt with my heel, but with my left leg if I try that it just kinda runs out of steam and stops at like a 90 degree angle. I'm missing that last little bit of hamstring pull to get it all the way up.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Ok guys, I have bought into the Quest bar hype by now, but is there anywhere in UK where I can get these for less than £30 / box?

Ekdrm2d1

How 'bout running shorts? I use 'em for running but I don't see what makes them so different from rugby shorts all in all. When I do some full minimalist trail running with just short shorts it can feel pretty dang atavistic, running close to naked in the woods. I feel like I should track down a deer and kill it with a flint knife or something.

Ohh, that sounds much worse than mine. My recovery was quite good and I was back playing sports with a knee brace like 8 months after at close to full speed. I think I just got lazy at the very end of my recovery and didn't do all the work needed to get it fully back. Most of the time I don't even notice it, as only very specific movements aggravate it. Basically with my right leg I can kick my foot back and kick myself in the butt with my heel, but with my left leg if I try that it just kinda runs out of steam and stops at like a 90 degree angle. I'm missing that last little bit of hamstring pull to get it all the way up.

I've been telling myself I'll buy a pair of lululemon running shorts when it reaches 100 out side. It's just the thought of spending $75 - 100 on running shorts is insane. To be fair, I haven't bought running shorts in like 2 years.

bjb

Banned
I got some sensation back too, but it hurts like a motherfucker if I ever bang it on something, more so than my healthy knee. It just sucks when you get an itching sensation and scratching gives you no relief. LOL.

I know this feel. I've got zero feeling from my bottom lip to my chin. You can't imagine how awkward shaving is sometimes.

Edit: Sean you're getting cut man, congrats.

kylej

Banned
Can I join you guys with the public bathroom pictures?

3F1A9E6A-A89F-42AC-8324-B22F80166482-2380-0000012631F7956F_zps5a9ba85c.jpg

Post eating a rotisserie chicken at wegmans.

jealous of that well fitting polo and pants. I cannot find a polo that fits well, they're always real tight around the chest and baggy in the belly.

Cudder

Apple pie, brownie, banana nut muffin, coconut cashew, vanilla almond crunch, mixed berry bliss, strawberry cheesecake, cinnamon roll

I like Apple Pie, Brownie for sure. I've tried Strawberry Cheesecake/Cin Roll and they're okay. The others are sitting next to me and I haven't tried yet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom