• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumble

Do so, then feel free to come with anything you need clarified/expanded upon/etc.

What you're doing now is all cardio, even the 50 pushups is really cardio. Not mass building.

It's also worth noting that his protein requirements are not being met.

Celcius

°Temp. member
*reads op*
If I don't have access to a gym, would it be possible to bulk up using self-resistance exercises? (pull ups on a bar at the park, etc...)

Petrie

Banned
It's also worth noting that his protein requirements are not being met.

Yeah, didn't want to barrage him right away, but all you seem to be eating is a ton of carbs.

*reads op*
If I don't have access to a gym, would it be possible to bulk up using self-resistance exercises? (pull ups on a bar at the park, etc...)

Users here seem to like this:

51bA4EWuifL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX285_SY380_CR,0,0,285,380_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0938045768/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I say get access to a gym if at all possible though.

I just found some turkey meat in my freezer that's been there since Christmas lol. If it's been frozen the entire time can I eat it?

Any of you guys make any fruit smoothie type of things? I've been eating a lot more fruit lately (stopped doing keto - just counting cals now). Was thinking of blending up some fruit, ice, etc. Looking for some cool recipes if you guys have any to share.

Also can you guys recommend any specific protein shake brands/flavors?

Any of you guys make any fruit smoothie type of things? I've been eating a lot more fruit lately (stopped doing keto - just counting cals now). Was thinking of blending up some fruit, ice, etc. Looking for some cool recipes if you guys have any to share.

I really like Archer Farms (target brand) frozen berry mix and chobani vanilla. No ice. Super thick and filling for when I don't want to chew in the mornings.

Coconut water + kale + broccoli + carrot + pineapple + bananananana + mixed berry + greek yogurt + protein powder of your choice ,

Also as a side note, lately ive been mixing my whey protein powder with coconut water instead of milk and it is amazing (taste)

Bob Ross

I do Kale, Blueberries, Grapes, Bananas, 1 6oz chobani plain greek yogurt, and 1 scoop of vanilla ON protein mix. You can add water depending on how thick/thin you want it. I do one for breakfast every day and its an easy 40-50g of protein.

Caramello

So I'm covering at work for a manager and so I'm doing 7AM - 4PM shifts Monday to Friday and 6AM - 1PM on Saturday. This is for the next three weeks.

Due to my job being fairly labour intensive (I'm working at a supermarket while I study) I'm thinking I might drop squats from Wednesdays and just do them Monday and Friday for the next three weeks. Should I drop them altogether or just go light? I feel like giving my body that extra recovery will keep the gains flowing while my rest days are anything but restful.

iavi

Holy fuck. First time back in the gym after an eternal hiatus, and I've been destroyed. Physically, yeah, but emotionally too. I can only deadlift rep 190, bench rep 140, and squat rep about 140 too, with struggle. I used to do all that easy.

It's like an actual measurement of how much I've fallen off.

Szu

Holy fuck. First time back in the gym after an eternal hiatus, and I've been destroyed. Physically, yeah, but emotionally too. I can only deadlift rep 190, bench rep 140, and squat rep about 140 too, with struggle. I used to do all that easy.

You'll get it back.
tumblr_m8gx1hykwA1qcgqmvo1_500.jpg

These all sound super good, thanks for the ideas. I have never tried Kale, will give it a shot.

I do Kale, Blueberries, Grapes, Bananas, 1 6oz chobani plain greek yogurt, and 1 scoop of vanilla ON protein mix. You can add water depending on how thick/thin you want it. I do one for breakfast every day and its an easy 40-50g of protein.

Coconut water + kale + broccoli + carrot + pineapple + bananananana + mixed berry + greek yogurt + protein powder of your choice ,

Also as a side note, lately ive been mixing my whey protein powder with coconut water instead of milk and it is amazing (taste)

I really like Archer Farms (target brand) frozen berry mix and chobani vanilla. No ice. Super thick and filling for when I don't want to chew in the mornings.

Ra1den

Hey bros what do you think about this deal on Craigslist? He's asking 180 bucks for this bench/squat rack with a 45 pound bar and also some weight plates(didn't say how many, I'm assuming there will be enough for me for awhile)

This caught my eye because squat cages always seem so expensive. I could be wrong here, but I think most bench racks don't have the squat thingy like this one does.

vgrmT3x.jpg

szoSYV1.jpg

9zIq63l.jpg

Is it just me, or is that bar long as hell?

Petrie

Banned
Hey bros what do you think about this deal on Craigslist? He's asking 180 bucks for this bench/squat rack with a 45 pound bar and also some weight plates(didn't say how many, I'm assuming there will be enough for me for awhile)

This caught my eye because squat cages always seem so expensive. I could be wrong here, but I think most bench racks don't have the squat thingy like this one does.

vgrmT3x.jpg

szoSYV1.jpg

9zIq63l.jpg

Bar looks the correct length. Whether this is a good deal or not depends largely on the amount of weight he's offering.

andycapps

vgrmT3x.jpg

szoSYV1.jpg

9zIq63l.jpg

What part of that is for squats? The racks on the back? You'll need a spotter once you get up in weight since there's no safety bars.

I see those setups on Craigslist all the time. I'd be patient and wait for a little nicer setup. Those can be had, and just lowball people on the price, and then be happy to get to where you actually want. Worked for me.

As for those weights, assuming it's a 45 lb bar you should have 285 lbs there that I can see. That's a pretty odd amount, but maybe there's an extra 15 lbs sitting around that I can't see. The bar looks like a normal Olympic sized bb.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'd only offer him like 80-100, but I'm a cheapass and know the great deals to be found with patience on CL.

Good point. Haggle.

Any damn way...a new favorite thing of mine. Hard boiled eggs. Easy to make for the week, transport and store. Not sure why I didn't do this before.

Petrie

Banned
Oh, I'm surprised. I thought that was super underpriced already. I'll give him a lowball then.

Not really a squat rack. Essentially just a bench, bar, and weights. New weights go for $1 a lb, the bench is essentially free (people are always trying to get rid of them). I'd offer 80-100 with the intention of paying him MAYBE 120.

Everything on CL is priced way too high.

Ra1den

What part of that is for squats? The racks on the back? You'll need a spotter once you get up in weight since there's no safety bars.

I see those setups on Craigslist all the time. I'd be patient and wait for a little nicer setup. Those can be had, and just lowball people on the price, and then be happy to get to where you actually want. Worked for me.

As for those weights, assuming it's a 45 lb bar you should have 285 lbs there that I can see. That's a pretty odd amount, but maybe there's an extra 15 lbs sitting around that I can't see. The bar looks like a normal Olympic sized bb.

Yeah on the back there is that attachment for squats. I'd much rather not need a spotter, but damn those squat cages are pricey. Kind of a tough call.

Not really a squat rack. Essentially just a bench, bar, and weights. New weights go for $1 a lb, the bench is essentially fee (people are always trying to get rid of them). I'd offer 80-100 with the intention of paying him MAYBE 120.

I see...hmmm.

Veezy

que?

Sit down, boy. Let's have a talk about falling off.

Before I moved in with my ex-fiancee I was 200 at 15% BF. Deadlift was 405, for reps. Bench was 225, for reps. Press was 185, for reps. I was a machine. I was content. That, my friend, was failure. No one should be content. That is where the jaws of defeat begin to sink in. I'm now having to claw myself back up after all the shit that happened the me. Being trapped. The drinking. My depression.

Embrace the bottom. Embrace falling off. Understand that this is the floor.

However, yell at it. Curse at it. Stomp at it. Brace yourself wide when you pull the bar off the bottom. When you squat the bar. When you clean. Take your weakness, and you use it as your fucking drive. Every time you see that weight, you tell yourself "too little, next week I need more."

You're right. You're god damn weak.

Now, bitch, you tell me what you're going to do about it.

MjFrancis

For what it's worth, I bought a setup a little nicer than one he's looking at here by Seattle for $125, but with the full 300lbs of weights w/bar and a custom-built weight rack.

I kept the weight rack and sold the bench press, bar and weights for $225 within a week.

ToxicAdam

I see...hmmm.

I think it's still a good deal if you can get it for 150-160 dollars (especially with that amount of weights if you are adding correctly). You can find cheaper on Craigslist, but they are usually snapped up quickly.

CL is just like that. There are people that ridiculously overprice their stuff and people that just want stuff gone and will almost give it away. The latter is often snatched up and quite often what is left is all the overpriced ads.

andycapps

For what it's worth, I bought a setup a little nicer than one he's looking at here by Seattle for $125, but with the full 300lbs of weights w/bar and a custom-built weight rack.

I kept the weight rack and sold the bench press, bar and weights for $225 within a week.

LOL

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sit down, boy. Let's have a talk about falling off.

Before I moved in with my ex-fiancee I was 200 at 15% BF. Deadlift was 405, for reps. Bench was 225, for reps. Press was 185, for reps. I was a machine. I was content. That, my friend, was failure. No one should be content. That is where the jaws of defeat begin to sink in. I'm now having to claw myself back up after all the shit that happened the me. Being trapped. The drinking. My depression.

Embrace the bottom. Embrace falling off. Understand that this is the floor.

However, yell at it. Curse at it. Stomp at it. Brace yourself wide when you pull the bar off the bottom. When you squat the bar. When you clean. Take your weakness, and you use it as your fucking drive. Every time you see that weight, you tell yourself "too little, next week I need more."

You're right. You're god damn weak.

Now, bitch, you tell me what you're going to do about it.

Pop open a can of beefaroni and turn on my soaps, that's mother fucking what.

P.S. IT'S MY MOTHA FUCKIN' WEEKEND!

Someone posted a real fancy 5/3/1 calculator in this thread a few weeks ago. I wish I bookmarked it. Anyone know what I am talking about?

MjFrancis

Yeah, I thought the Black Iron Beast one was the one written in there. I'm really impressed with the improvements since the last time I checked that site (maybe a year ago?). The old link has been usurped. :p

despire

I don't really like the online 5/3/1 calculators so I just made my own in Excel. Simple visuals and I can modify it just the way I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom