• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
Third consecutive double steak Chipolte bowl, no extra charge. The insanity of downtown NYC lunchtime pays dividends!

Blah. I'm pissed at myself. I'm on week 3 of 5/3/1. I do incline press instead of bench press (just to change it up a bit). Well I was positive that I was going to get 3 on my "1 set" and instead I only got 2. I usually use the same incline station everytime I do this exercise and it's at 45 degrees. I noticed when I was done that it seems like the one I used today was a little flatter 60 degrees I guess?). Shit! That pisses me off. Now I keep thinking that I could have done it if it was in the position I'm used to, but I won't really know now and it's driving my OCD insane.

iavi

Third consecutive double steak Chipolte bowl, no extra charge. The insanity of downtown NYC lunchtime pays dividends!

I've gotten lucky about this once.

My usual: No rice, extra on both beans, extra steak, fajita mix, mild & medium salsa, cheese, cream, lettuce, and guac comes to 13~14 dollars. Way too much moolah.

Cagey

Banned
I've gotten lucky about this once.

My usual: No rice, extra on both beans, extra steak, fajita mix, mild & medium salsa, cheese, cream, lettuce, and guac comes to 13~14 dollars. Way too much moolah.

Chipotle is generally a bad investment for me because I don't eat beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc. I never get my money's worth even when not on a strict diet. But looking for something nearby with low carbs, high protein that isn't Another Goddamned Salad, concocting a beef--pepper/onions--salsa bowl at Chipotle helps alleviate boredom.

Rice, of course, thrown in at the bottom and a token amount eaten just to remind myself that carbs are indeed awesome and to stop any cravings.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are fruit shakes with protein a good idea or is that just too much unnecessary sugar?

I shy away from fruit when it's time for a shake. It makes it infinitely tastier, but it depends on how much you're using and how much you are eating. I'm not ruling it out at all, but I keep my focus better without em.

Dash27

Who else is cutting out there? I'm doing paleo but I had a craving for cottage cheese with a few red grapes. I used to eat that a lot on previous cuts so i went for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who else is cutting out there? I'm doing paleo but I had a craving for cottage cheese with a few red grapes. I used to eat that a lot on previous cuts so i went for it.

I am I am! But I'm stopping in early may to rebuild the statue. And then it's time for delicious BBQ surplus.

Cagey

Banned
Are fruit shakes with protein a good idea or is that just too much unnecessary sugar?

When not cutting, I love chocolate protein + milk + banana + a bit of chocolate syrup + ice in a blender. Peanut butter for extra calories. Tastes good too.

Day 29. I miss fun.

balddemon

Banned
has anybody bought a new rack or are the only good ones the ones that are really expensive?

that looks exactly the same as any other cage I've ever seen. in addition you'll want at least 315 pounds of plates (but not just 3 45s lol) because your squat/deadlift will get up there in time. that's another ~$315. check craigslist.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I forgot that there were weights in the garage...today I went out and unburied it + dusted stuff off and there's a bench press setup + free weights from the 90's. After cleaning everything off, I spent 30 minutes between the bench press + doing cross body arm curls. I'll probably be sore tomorrow but I plan to hit it one more time tonight. :)

SeanR1221

Me. Just loaded up on seafood at Costco. Two bags of shrimp, salmon, ahi tuna...

Figured if I'm not going out to eat might as well treat myself.

Imm0rt4l

I'm cutting from a winter bulk of 215. Just reached a low of 195 this morning. No particular diet just iifym. Lowered my daily carbs by about 100 I'm maintaining strength pretty well, noticeably more vascular and the fat is falling off. Doing 3 mile runs and will incorporate hi it at my next plateau. My goal is 185, though I'm already beach ready. I dont like being under 200 but I like the look. I've been taking it really slow up until this point as to maintain muscle, since weight loss <10% bf will be a war of attrition and I expect my pushing movements to be the first to go, but not without a fight.

Szu

I'm cutting. Might I recommend the "Chew and Discard" method. ;)

Dash27

I'm cutting from a winter bulk of 215. Just reached a low of 195 this morning. No particular diet just iifym. Lowered my daily carbs by about 100 I'm maintaining strength pretty well, noticeably more vascular and the fat is falling off. Doing 3 mile runs and will incorporate hi it at my next plateau. My goal is 185, though I'm already beach ready. I dont like being under 200 but I like the look. I've been taking it really slow up until this point as to maintain muscle, since weight loss <10% bf will be a war of attrition and I expect my pushing movements to be the first to go, but not without a fight.

Nice. I'm down from 205 to 190 now. I feel better just not as strong, my lifts kinda stalled but at least I'm not losing ground.

lol, dont give me any ideas. There is birthday cake, cookies and brownies at home I have to resist every day. It's really inhumane.

Onward.

Petrie

Banned

Cutting right along with you. 1700kcal a day "net", though closer to 1600 on non-lifting days with the extra allowed on lifting days. Thankfully an abundance of cardio via being on my feet for my job and such allows me the extra calories to remain sane. Tends to be more of an issue to eat as "clean" as I'd like and still eat enough.

Sounds like an eating disorder in the making to me. I can't stand the idea of just chewing food!

I'm jelly of your guys progress. Next weigh in is Thursday morning.

Keep us posted!

CrankyJay

Banned
Cutting as well...and I'm not really counting either. Just going low carb and added in cardio.

Basically eating nothing but meat/veggies/eggs/fat free greek yogurt/quest bars(workout day only) and protein shakes.

Szu

Nice. I'm down from 205 to 190 now. I feel better just not as strong, my lifts kinda stalled but at least I'm not losing ground.

lol, dont give me any ideas. There is birthday cake, cookies and brownies at home I have to resist every day. It's really inhumane.

Onward.

Damn it, every time I hear about cake, I'm remind of this Hampton Pig sketch.

I've decided to try to go gluten free on my cut. See what happens. Still have my share of rice, rice noodles, potatoes, corn tortillas, etc. just staying away from wheat/gluten for now.

Started a log on BB.com and we will see how that goes.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152964001

April 2, 2013

iHkflTCbXXJS1.gif

5/3/1 OHP
5 reps @ 115 lbs
5 reps @ 130 lbs
10 reps @ 150 lbs

OHP - 4 x 10 @ 85 lbs
Side raises - 2 x 12 @ 20 lbs
Front raises - 2 x 12 @ 25 lbs
Hammer curls - 3 x 10 @ 40 lbs
Preacher curls - 2 x 12 @ 65 lbs
Face pulls - 3 x 12 @ 140 lbs

As for diet, I've decided to try to go gluten free on my cut. See what happens. Still have my share of rice, rice noodles, potatoes, corn tortillas, etc. just staying away from wheat/gluten for now.

blackflag

I went from 261 to 250 in a week and a half then had a lot of carbs on easter so I'm at 255 now. Next carb load will be at 245.

blackflag

I'd buy like 100 at a time if I could just get the typical bulk discount most products have. I'm a creature of habit and have no issues buying bulk.

Yeah it sucks. I usually run out and end up buying a box at a local store for 27 with tax but at least I can mix and match them and they carry every flavor.

Wish I could buy 100 for cheap too

Petrie

Banned
Yeah it sucks. I usually run out and end up buying a box at a local store for 27 with tax but at least I can mix and match them and they carry every flavor.

Wish I could buy 100 for cheap too

Before I knew what Quest bars were, Slickdeals had boxes of the PBJ ones for less than $12 a box.

I would have gotten a year's worth had I known.

CrankyJay

Banned
WTF, those quest bars are $33 at my GNC...so I order them on Amazon for $25.

Just ordered a box of PB supreme. They don't carry cookie dough yet.

blackflag

Have you had cookie dough? cuz if not....

No.....Can only get them from the quest site so far and last time they shipped really slow. banana nut muffin is really good though.

Since when does GNC have quest bars? Good variety? I never want to go to GNC but I guess I can. I'm down to 1 bar.

Cagey

Banned
Seriously? Damn lol I live right across from the maiden potle

That place around 1230-1pm on a decent day has a line that goes outside and around the corner. Crazy shit.

I prefer the Potbelly on Maiden Lane when bulking tho. Mmm. Wreck sammich.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
NEW PR!

Just ran a mile in 6:18

Last time I ran a timed mile was way back in seventh grade when I did it in 7:45. I'm not a big runner (over the last couple months I've run once or twice every two weeks, if that), but I felt in good enough shape to test myself. Really happy with the result all things considered.

Also, I'm a little over a week wearing my wrist brace (meaning zero upper body workouts), and I'm already on the verge of just ripping it off for good and saying fuck it. Of course, I won't do that, but my god is it annoying to wear. :p

SeanR1221

No.....Can only get them from the quest site so far and last time they shipped really slow. banana nut muffin is really good though.

Since when does GNC have quest bars? Good variety? I never want to go to GNC but I guess I can. I'm down to 1 bar.

It's pretty recent afaik. Mine has pretty much all of them except a couple.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Don't know if this is the right thread for this but in the past month I've gotten into exercising 45-90m daily. Just to get into good shape and stay there. Funny enough, in this time I've broken my elbow (hockey) and had a few other cricks but haven't let that stop me. :p (Actually played through the minor fracture not realizing it and then went on a 5mi hike the next day.)

Anyway, I really do mostly walking (~4-4.5mph) and sports as my knees aren't the best and I want to be able to do this regularly without interruption. Anyway...most of my tracking is pen & paper (best way to go!) but I do find some fun in the idea of game-ified exercising. I use Runkeeper just to have stats on my walks/jogs, and I've also started using Fitocracy. Fitocracy is cool I guess but it seems really suited to people who do reps and stuff, not normal people just working on cardio. Are there any good/better services that just make regular working out a bit more fun in a dorky way? My phone is Android but I have an iPad as well.

Petrie

Banned
Don't know if this is the right thread for this but in the past month I've gotten into exercising 45-90m daily. Just to get into good shape and stay there. Funny enough, in this time I've broken my elbow (hockey) and had a few other cricks but haven't let that stop me. :p (Actually played through the minor fracture not realizing it and then went on a 5mi hike the next day.)

Anyway, I really do mostly walking (~4-4.5mph) and sports as my knees aren't the best and I want to be able to do this regularly without interruption. Anyway...most of my tracking is pen & paper (best way to go!) but I do find some fun in the idea of game-ified exercising. I use Runkeeper just to have stats on my walks/jogs, and I've also started using Fitocracy. Fitocracy is cool I guess but it seems really suited to people who do reps and stuff, not normal people just working on cardio. Are there any good/better services that just make regular working out a bit more fun in a dorky way? My phone is Android but I have an iPad as well.

I'm not sure why you think that one is less normal than the other.

Anyways, it's a bit harder to make what's already a game more of a game. Maybe one of the zombie run type things on Android or somesuch.

Zoe

It's not a game, but if you want incentives join EarndIt and link up as many services as you can.

(haven't found anything worth spending my points on though)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm not sure why you think that one is less normal than the other.

Anyways, it's a bit harder to make what's already a game more of a game. Maybe one of the zombie run type things on Android or somesuch.

hahah yeah sorry bad choice of words; didn't mean that pejoratively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom