• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
suit yourself brah.

imma freak of nature.

#ManBeast status.

images

That you are!

Omni

So usually I just do cadio at the gym, but over the last week I've been venturing out and using the equipment. What I've realised is that I'm an awfully weak little man. At this very moment, it reaally hurts to lift my arms higher than my chest. Or outwards. Or at all really.

It gets better right?

blackflag

So usually I just do cadio at the gym, but over the last week I've been venturing out and using the equipment. What I've realised is that I'm an awfully weak little man. At this very moment, it reaally hurts to lift my arms higher than my chest. Or outwards. Or at all really.

It gets better right?

We're all gonna make it bro.

CrankyJay

Banned

It gets better right?

Yep. That first week or two is hell. It gets much better.

abuC

Going to try car pushing this week, there's a big parking lot (100-150 yards long) near me and I think I'm going to go there early in the morning and try pushing my car. I'll let some of the air out of the tires before I do it, which is no biggie since I have an airpump.

Petrie

Banned
We figure if we spend less on going out to eat, it won't be so bad. A 3lb bag of frozen salmon is 20.00 and we can get a total of 5-6 meals out of it.

Yeah, I definitely prefer not going out and eating good all the time at home. My g/f disagrees a bit and thinks I don't want to take her out and "show her off".

Salmon and snow crab when it's on sale. Meal of kings.

SeanR1221

Yeah, I definitely prefer not going out and eating good all the time at home. My g/f disagrees a bit and thinks I don't want to take her out and "show her off".

Salmon and snow crab when it's on sale. Meal of kings.

I kind of wish my fiancé had that attitude sometimes. Her confidence has been rock bottom lately. I think she's just stressing about the wedding and how she'll look.

Petrie

Banned
I kind of wish my fiancé had that attitude sometimes. Her confidence has been rock bottom lately. I think she's just stressing about the wedding and how she'll look.

Just remind her she could never pull an Adonis such as yourself if she wasn't rockin' as well!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lol. Not cutting, probably won't ever cut again. But even with that I'm leaning out ust by the nature of my job.

You guys enjoy your self imposed starvation!

Petrie

Banned
Lol. Not cutting, probably won't ever cut again. But even with that I'm leaning oh just by the nature of my job.

I hardly feel like I'm starving. Just eating less calorie dense foods is all.

If I had your frame I'd probably think the same way though. Also if I didn't have Diabeeeeeetus!

I guess it just comes down to what each person's definition of cutting is. Will I ever try to aggressively go down to single digits? No way. Will I try to lean out and drop 10 lbs and drop 4-5% in the process? Of course. As mentioned, I like my size too much to try to cut that aggressively.

SeanR1221

Just remind her she could never pull an Adonis such as yourself if she wasn't rockin' as well!

Hah I'll try that. I think once she pulls 135 on deadlifts she'll feel better. I showed her that woman posted earlier squatting 295 and that gave her some confidence.

---

If this cut doesn't work I'm saying screw it and getting HOOOOGE.

A look into the future

4602555286_10de693585_o.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Lol. Not cutting, probably won't ever cut again. But even with that I'm leaning out ust by the nature of my job.

Words to live by brah.

I've reached the peak of what I care to squeeze out of this damn fitness center. How beastly can I feel putting up a 1RM of 320 on decline bench on a smith machine? It's like, congrats bro, you just crushed the smith machine. So without any purpose to bulk further with this bullshit setup, time to slim a bit. Just waiting for some employment + living situations to get settled for the foreseeable future to lock down a full service gym membership somewhere in NYC before PermaBulk begins.

I've not deadlifted since before my law school gym hiatus. Early 2009. Feels horrible man.

I guess it just comes down to what each person's definition of cutting is. Will I ever try to aggressively go down to single digits? No way. Will I try to lean out and drop 10 lbs and drop 4-5% in the process? Of course. As mentioned, I like my size too much to try to cut that aggressively.

Yeah, that's pretty much the goal. I'd like to come near 10%. For the wrasslegaffers, BF% wise, Fandango would be the ultimate goal.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hah I'll try that. I think once she pulls 135 on deadlifts she'll feel better. I showed her that woman posted earlier squatting 295 and that gave her some confidence.

---

If this cut doesn't work I'm saying screw it and getting HOOOOGE.

A look into the future

4602555286_10de693585_o.jpg

Dude looks like a kernel of popcorn right before it bursts.

blackflag

We figure if we spend less on going out to eat, it won't be so bad. A 3lb bag of frozen salmon is 20.00 and we can get a total of 5-6 meals out of it.

That's 1 day of meat for me! I did this once and then I was like wait, 3 lbs is the whole bag.

So now I buy boneless skinless chicken breast 10 lb bags. 4 bags a payday for my meat. Same price as the fish lasts me 3 days.

I do wish fish was cheaper. I can afford it but trying to watch it for awhile.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Man, protein shakes and greek yogurt taste amazing. Why do people bother with ice cream and other junk food?

Szu

OK, it's been 22 days since the start of my cut. I'm hovering at about 183-184. I was capped off at about 188 at the start of my cut.

I decided to take a progress pic. I really wanted to do a monthly update, but I figured I try to take a pic at the start of every month.

Here I was at the start of my cut.
ji2LmHJ.jpg

Here's 22 days later.
khCtEZ9.jpg

R3LNvEZ.jpg

I also need to find a better room for these pics, but this is the only room with a large mirror.

What say you, bros?

Noema

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever attempt anything resembling a cut. It's just so much work getting big and strong, and the older I get the harder it becomes. Maybe if I were in my 20s I would but I'm turning 34 next week. I don't need any help getting even more catabolic.

I mean, lifting on a caloric deficit or in a ketogenic state?

SSTfPkj.jpg

Mully

Thanks....

You gon' eat that plate of ribs?

I reduced my calories from 2250 to 2050 yesterday. It's getting to the point where after I eat any type of meat, I turn into a dog and begin to salivate. I mean fucking dripping from my mouth and focusing on anything meat related. I'm turning into a caveman.

So, about those ribs?

They did a lot of tests and stuff and all came to the same conclusion that I'm sensitive to androgens. So for me a little bit is enough to get by where as some other guy might need like 8x times the amount to feel it.

It's pretty complicated but all my endocrin systems are working fine so there's no need to interfere. it's hard to tell if I'm just not putting the work at the gym enough or if it's the weird hormone levels holding back.

agrajag

Banned
get on that TRT ASAP!

Looks like squats and leg assistance only for at least a week. Any kind of upper body lift and I re-aggravate my tennis elbow :(

I would think low T would definitely effect gains in the gym.

Yeah but it's not always about the level. It's like a complex equation of sensitivity and levels combined. There are people born with that Klinefelter syndrome and you could pump them with more T than any man on the planet and they just can't feel it.

Like for me I'm a fully developed guy I'm tall, I got chest hair and all that, my dick works fine but my levels on paper are low and all the tests seem to come back normal besides the final number of course.

I don't know man. There are no easy answers. Get on T therapy is not a picnic either. That shit is lifelong and sometimes won't even make a difference.

blackflag

Yeah but it's not always about the level. It's like a complex equation of sensitivity and levels combined. There are people born with that Klinefelter syndrome and you could pump them with more T than any man on the planet and they just can't feel it.

Like for me I'm a fully developed guy I'm tall, I got chest hair and all that, my dick works fine but my levels on paper are low and all the tests seem to come back normal besides the final number of course.

I don't know man. There are no easy answers. Get on T therapy is not a picnic either. That shit is lifelong and sometimes won't even make a difference.

Ill never look back of course I'm 37 and had all my kids.

My levels were 250ng/dl

Range is 348-1197

Last test I was 1500ng/dl

I actually care about shit now, can sleep, focus, not to mention the gains which are secondary. i just couldnt function anymore.

Banglish

Hey guys I got this tub of mass gainer called quick mass by allmax nutrition as I'm a hardgainer. Doing SS, so my workout days are Mon, Wed, Fri, and cardio Sundays. Question is, should I only be taking it on the days I workout (lifting days), or basically everyday until the tub is finished? It doesn't specify on the tub it just says take it twice daily - once as a mid-morning snack and once immediately after I workout, so I'm not sure what to do.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Hmm, if I had insurance, I'd be interested in getting my testosterone levels checked out. I hit everything on the checklist aside from the sexual dysfunctions (although my drive is pretty blah). Could just be depression symptoms, too... That's been a serious issue for me going on twenty years.

blackflag

I've seen the best doctors in the area and none of them got me on T therapy so surely somethings going on here. Maybe I'm just not meant for lifting.

From what I've heard it's very rare to find a doc that will do it at all especially when you are that young.

It's really fucked up. When women have estrogen problems, it is no big deal at all for them to get prescribed estrogen but if you are a dude with low T....omg testosterone is schedule III YOU CAN'T HAVE IT.

I had to go to a specialty clinic, they don't take insurance but at least I get what I need. It gets ordered from pharmacy and everything gets mailed to me, testosterone, HCG, AI, syringes....it's expensive but fuck regular doctors. I think you have to be >35 though.

Lifting was the least of my problems though. My lifts were fine before, 300 bench, 350 squat, 450 dl. I couldn't function at work, or sleep at night, but always tired, didn't care bout anything, felt depressed but I never had that problem before, got more introverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom