• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is it a good time to start using chalk for deadlifts regularly?

I tried liquid chalk once and it made a huge difference, I could pull around 40lbs more with it, but I read it may weaken or stagnate your raw grip strength.

Currently I deadlift 275x5 raw overhand grip.

SeanR1221

When is it a good time to start using chalk for deadlifts regularly?

I tried liquid chalk once and it made a huge difference, I could pull around 40lbs more with it, but I read it may weaken or stagnate your raw grip strength.

Currently I deadlift 275x5 raw overhand grip.

Whenever your grip will start giving out. For me, I chalk up at 315 or if Im pulling high rep deads

Kyaw

Is it ok to do 5 sets of 3 to get the same amount of volume when you can't do 5 reps?

I could do 3 sets of 5 at 50kg for OHP but at 52.5kg, I can only do 5 sets of 3. I'll get these improvised microplates done asap.

grumble

I'm really considering on making an appointment with my doctor. All of my 85% lifts that I normally get around 9-10 reps are suddenly difficult to get 5.

It's probably just fatigue from working so much and not getting a full nights sleep since a few days before PAX East, but losing that much in strength across all four lifts has me worried.

Well do what's right for you. There may be other reasons too though; if you've been getting no sleep, eating badly, stressed out and not having quality workouts, your performance in the gym suffers. Keep us posted

grumble

they match my black gucci purse beautifully!!

:D

thanks, I like the ROM I have in that move. The phone camera isn't that bad, the pic is actually a capture from a check form video I never shared here... maybe should some day..

wow, someone remembers! thanks :) but I think Kylej was on the "do as you please" side of the glove debate, most likely just wanted to use the Rippetoe meme.

it really doesn't, in the other hand. everything that means hanging from a bar will get me a bit of calluses, even with gloves so there's no avoiding them.

Well you can always just file them down periodically. That takes two minutes and works like a charm.

CrankyJay

Banned
So...1 week eating whatever I want instead of cutting...weight change, none. WTF?

Maybe too early to say at this point...but I'm thinking I've been undereating on my cut and my body just said "nope, we're staying right here".

Gonna ride this out. Just had Chinese food leftovers for BREAKFAST.

So...1 week eating whatever I want instead of cutting...weight change, none. WTF?

Maybe too early to say at this point...but I'm thinking I've been undereating on my cut and my body just said "nope, we're staying right here".

Gonna ride this out. Just had Chinese food leftovers for BREAKFAST.
this happened to me. Id been cutting at 1800 calories and was stalled for a month or two. I decided fuck it and added about 500 calories and then the weight started to melt off again.

CrankyJay

Banned
this happened to me. Id been cutting at 1800 calories and was stalled for a month or two. I decided fuck it and added about 500 calories and then the weight started to melt off again.

I should point out I'm still using portion control and eating slower, but I'm not counting macros except protein and still try to get a decent amount of veggies.

Taking a cue from AlienShogun, just work out as hard as you can.

SeanR1221

I should point out I'm still using portion control and eating slower, but I'm not counting macros except protein and still try to get a decent amount of veggies.

Taking a cue from AlienShogun, just work out as hard as you can.

I think that's the key. We're all pushing our bodies past typical limits. The average person can get by calorie counting by stressing their bodies. We can't stress out bodies from lack of food and pushing it at the gym.

CrankyJay

Banned
I think that's the key. We're all pushing our bodies past typical limits. The average person can get by calorie counting by stressing their bodies. We can't stress out bodies from lack of food and pushing it at the gym.

I'm reliably taxed the fuck out at the end of an hour, hour and 10 minutes of working out. I don't see how anyone could possibly go 1.5-2 hours unless they're eating/supplementing halfway through.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So I had issues with EFTS with my P2 belt a while back (late shipping, wrong address, wrong size etc). Well fast forward to this month. I order a weighted vest and my wrist wraps break.

The vest STILL isn't here and I was charged on March 26th for it. How does EFTS respond after I tell them I'm pretty dissatisfied? With snark.

The fuck?

(kind of confusing layout on this. The oldest posts are at the bottom and or mixed in)
https://www.facebook.com/Elitefts/p...fset=0&total_comments=12&notif_t=feed_comment

SeanR1221

I'm reliably taxed the fuck out at the end of an hour, hour and 10 minutes of working out. I don't see how anyone could possibly go 1.5-2 hours unless they're eating/supplementing halfway through.

Depends on the day and how much rest I need betwee. Sets. Sometimes I take my time because I enjoy being there.

So I had issues with EFTS with my P2 belt a while back (late shipping, wrong address, wrong size etc). Well fast forward to this month. I order a weighted vest and my wrist wraps break.

The vest STILL isn't here and I was charged on March 26th for it. How does EFTS respond? After I tell them I'm pretty dissatisfied? With snark.

The fuck?

(kind of confusing layout on this. The oldest posts are at the bottom)
https://www.facebook.com/Elitefts/p...fset=0&total_comments=12&notif_t=feed_comment

Weird and kinda disappointing.

CrankyJay

Banned
Depends on the day and how much rest I need betwee. Sets. Sometimes I take my time because I enjoy being there.

I hear ya...I kind of try to keep it around an hour anyway so I can get to work at a reasonable time...so that means a max of 2-3 mins in between sets, but sometimes I'll go a minute if I'm feeling okay.

Deadlifts yesterday...not so much. LOL. Rested a while in between those.

Petrie

Banned

The vest STILL isn't here and I was charged on March 26th for it. How does EFTS respond after I tell them I'm pretty dissatisfied? With snark.

The fuck?

(kind of confusing layout on this. The oldest posts are at the bottom and or mixed in)

I'd contact my CC company and file a chargeback. Guck em.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'd contact my CC company and file a chargeback. Guck em.

I thought about it, but I'm a big fan of the company and Dave in general. I did just contact him on twitter to be sure it wasn't him.

And the person I was contacting on FB is saying there was no "snark" intended, but I doubt I'm crazy or interpreted that wrong.

Petrie

Banned
I thought about it, but I'm a big fan of the company and Dave in general. I did just contact him on twitter to be sure it wasn't him.

And the person I was contacting on FB is saying there was no "snark" intended, but I doubt I'm crazy or interpreted that wrong.

Seemed obvious to me.

Company disregards me that way, they lose my business.

CrankyJay

Banned
I didn't really detect any snark in that reply...it's really difficult to distinguish that over text. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt but that's just me. If you've had multiple issues with them though...that's something different.

Noema

Is there something wrong with my strength gains if I'm not adding 5lb every workout while doing Strong Lifts? for the past month or so I've been alternating between adding 5lb every workout and then every other workout.

You are probably not eating enough / not resting enough. Those numbers are too low to be stalling at.

Also, don't do Stronglifts. 5x5 is too much volume. I suggest you switch to 3x5, keep adding 5lb per workout to lower body lifts and 2.5lb per workout to upper body lifts.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
if he is speaking for them on FB, he is the face of the company though. attrocious he is in that position.

shit like that rubs me the wrong way, big time.

True, and hopefully Dave tells him he needs to tone it down. It was especially stupid to make that tweet, but to his credit at least he hasn't removed it, or the facebook post. And thankfully Dave has read the whole thing.

Petrie

Banned
True, and hopefully Dave tells him he needs to tone it down. It was especially stupid to make that tweet, but to his credit at least he hasn't removed it, or the facebook post. And thankfully Dave has read the whole thing.

tone it down?

fuck that, that tweet should lose his job.

Petrie

Banned
I'm shocked.

It said something along the lines of "Some people need to be punched in the throat. Just because you're a customer doesn't mean you're always RIGHT."

He tried to claim to me he was out with his kids and it had nothing to do with EFTS.

Bullshit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
He tried to claim to me he was out with his kids and it had nothing to do with EFTS.

Bullshit.

Yeah, gonna call bullshit on that too. I missed that, was out walking my dog. It was posted 3 minutes after his last post in the FB page. That's not just a coincidence.

Petrie

Banned
Yeah, gonna call bullshit on that too. I missed that, was out walking my dog. It was posted 3 minutes after his last post in the FB page. That's not just a coincidence.

It sure isn't, and if they don't own up to it, I have no reason to keep doing business with them. Too many other sources, and their service is what kept me coming back.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It sure isn't, and if they don't own up to it, I have no reason to keep doing business with them. Too many other sources, and their service is what kept me coming back.

Eh, don't let it bother you. Dave is handling it and he's already gone out of his way to apologize (he's on vacation for fucks sake).

Petrie

Banned
Eh, don't let it bother you. Dave is handling it and he's already gone out of his way to apologize (he's on vacation for fucks sake).

For me honesty is the most important thing from CS. If I can't trust them, I don't want to do business with them. Owning up to a mistake is rule 1. Don't delete it and hide from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom