• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
My knee is sore from kneeling down on ice at work, yes there's still snow here, and my knee just strained on my 8th rep on BS. Didnt do much for legs last week, some front squats to 320s before quitting because of my adductor, and now this... My lifs are mostly weak ass compared to 5-6 years ago, staying healthy is so important :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sorry I meant like how are they better than Pendlay WL or others that are like half the cost

From what I've heard/read Pendlays aren't constructed as well as Romaleos or Adipowers. But I couldn't confirm that. Also Romaleos and Adipowers are pretty highly reviewed and they look baller and who doesn't wanna look baller? ;)

To be 100% honest I wasn't even looking at Pendlays. I was looking for Romaleos since everyone talks about how awesome they are and apparently Adipowers are just as good.

My knee is sore from kneeling down on ice at work, yes there's still snow here, and my knee just strained on my 8th rep on BS. Didnt do much for legs last week, some front squats to 320s before quitting because of my adductor, and now this... My lifs are mostly weak ass compared to 5-6 years ago, staying healthy is so important :(

Sucks man, but you're not that old are you? Is your job just beating the shit out of you?

SeanR1221

Sure, I'm hit/miss though. I'll do what I can.

I live to serve.

These apparently are about as good as Romaelos plus I don't have to wait until May.

Really good quality weightlifting shoes. I've learned buy "right" the first time to avoid buying again. Or do you mean what's the point of lifting shoes?

Cool Ill PM you.

Cagey

Banned
Size the same, some inches on the waist lost, down to 199 from 209 in six weeks so far... and look the same definition-wise. Fuck.

Also, had a 60 minute deep tissue massage today. I wish I was rich so I could splurge on this weekly.

Imm0rt4l

Size the same, some inches on the waist lost, down to 199 from 209 in six weeks so far... and look the same definition-wise. Fuck.

Also, had a 60 minute deep tissue massage today. I wish I was rich so I could splurge on this weekly.

Soon....

that definition, vascularity, striations, feathering. It'll come.

maybe you can use this and get an idea?

http://www.strstd.com/

This puts me at an estimated 491lbs squat.

sphinx

the piano man
This puts me at an estimated 491lbs.

what I don't like about this site is that where the blue bar stops is not your personal record, it's the 1RM so you have to guess more or less how near you are from reaching the next level.

(unless I am using it wrong :p)

Haha...might be just me. Color coordination is critical.

lol it's all good. I bought a lime green shirt because I saw these shorts I bought had a lime green stripe. Gotta look good to work out! lmao.

Also, I'm eating a very delicious chocolate chip cookie but my body hates it lol.

balddemon

Banned
How long ago was that?

broke my leg last day of feb. surgery march 2nd. sooo about 1.5 months. dr said I can squat at 6 weeks. so I'm gonna try on monday. but having been sedentary for the last 6 weeks (literally sitting on my ass all day, only getting up to piss and shower), I can tell you right now I won't be anywhere near those numbers. I've lost 15+ pounds.

I was in the gym the other day, barely got up 150 for 3x5 on bench. 215 is a long ways away.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Getting ready to start hitting the gym and changing my diet to accommodate and gain muscle again, so I did some light squats and tweaked my knee something fierce, which is unfortunate, because that means there's something wrong with my left knee already. Guess I'm not changing my diet THAT soon. :(

Start doing them 2 or 3 times a week, bet they improve!

I wouldn't doubt that. Maybe after the summer. Right now, just gotta go with the cut!

I know that feel bro.

Kane_Daniel_Bryan_WWEHug.gif

Getting ready to start hitting the gym and changing my diet to accommodate and gain muscle again, so I did some light squats and tweaked my knee something fierce, which is unfortunate, because that means there's something wrong with my left knee already. Guess I'm not changing my diet THAT soon. :(

Damn. That sucks dood =/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. That sucks dood =/

Could feel it screaming as I struggled up. I kind of want to attribute it to the weather changing but...I know it's not that. And I don't want to accept that my knee is fucked.

bjb

Banned
Semi-cross post from MLB GAF, think this Outfielder Lorenzo Cain's bodybuilder / "figure competition" wife:

jennifer1.jpg

She's 26, but looks....much older...

Imm0rt4l

God I'm weak....

was sitting at my desk doing work and out of nowhere my sister appears with a plate of fettucine alfredo chicken and shrimp that I declined on twice. She just sat the plate in front of me saying "you can cheat on your diet a little bit" trollface and walks away.

Refeed day?

Reefeed day.

Thankfully I was only at 1700ish calories prior to this meal. iifym ftw I guess.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Take your time, no rush at all.
Great looking squat. You made it look pretty easy

Easy? I grinded the shit out of that. So much so that I actually have those red spots around the outsides of my eyes (looks like I got punched in both). I may have been able to get more if I didn't start my checks at 370 and go up by 10lbs per attempt. At least I still hit my "guessed" 1RM though and I'm definitely hitting parallel or lower. I really, really need to get my squat strength back.

I'm quickly becoming part of that "video or it didn't happen" crowd. That includes checking myself!

I'll check that routine tonight when I get off. I have shift change today so I'm going from nights to days.

Good shit Alien.

No idea what my 1rm on squats is.

Thanks! You should check what it is. It's good to know.

Szu

Ouch. You've probably already considered the options but I guess you could get it checked out. Maybe it's not as bad as it feels.

And if everything does check out, try looking for some alternatives to squats and work your way back into them. Most of us agree that squats are probably the one of the best workouts, but it's not always meant for everyone. Myself included, but I am getting back into them.

I predict the same for you. Get better, man.

Goddamn Alien.

Sometimes, I don't think he's of this world.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I don't understand these women who compete in shows and get low bf percentages. I admit I may be in a small minority but I don't find it attractive one bit. I like some softness on my woman dammit! /end of rant

_Isaac

I don't understand these women who compete in shows and get low bf percentages. I admit I may be in a small minority but I don't find it attractive one bit. I like some softness on my woman dammit! /end of rant
You could say the same thing about men who compete in these shows. Plenty of people don't find it attractive at all.

these fitness chicks almost never look good when they are all tanned and dehydrated for competition, but once you see them in photoshoot pictures my godnesss hnnnghhhhhhhhhh

kylej

Banned
I agree with y'all, but it's not a "Who's Hottest" competition it's a figure competition. All about that shape and definition.

Also that chick has a square jaw and is looking a little hardened, she's most likely on some serious gear.

Cooter

I agree with y'all, but it's not a "Who's Hottest" competition it's a figure competition. All about that shape and definition.

Also that chick has a square jaw and is looking a little hardened, she's most likely on some serious gear.
I agree. I have respect for anyone who can exhibit that amount of dedication. It just surprises me when attractive women go to that extreme because they become less attractive IMO.

Petrie

Banned
You could say the same thing about men who compete in these shows. Plenty of people don't find it attractive at all.

Yeah. Most women don't find the men at a competitive level all that attractive either.

I agree. I have respect for anyone who can exhibit that amount of dedication. It just surprises me when attractive women go to that extreme because they become less attractive IMO.

It's really the exact same with men.

Cooter

It's really the exact same with men.

Pretty much but I'll pass if a girl has ripped abs and veins popping out everywhere. Show a woman a man who isn't a bodybuilder but has a low bf% and I don't think many would object.

Petrie

Banned
Pretty much but I'll pass if a girl has ripped abs and veins popping out everywhere. Show a woman a man who isn't a bodybuilder but has a low bf% and I don't think many would object.

So both sexes tend to pass on those at a competitive level. Attractive females want to compete just like attractive men do.

Cagey

Banned
Anyone here trying carb backloading for their cut, as opposed to just waiting for one day a week to gorge? If so, how's that been working?

CrankyJay

Banned
Anyone here trying carb backloading for their cut, as opposed to just waiting for one day a week to gorge? If so, how's that been working?

Was curious about that...do you basically have to work out in afternoon for this to work or could I workout first thing in the morning like I do but only have my (starch) carbs for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom