• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
For me honesty is the most important thing from CS. If I can't trust them, I don't want to do business with them. Owning up to a mistake is rule 1. Don't delete it and hide from it.

That's the thing. This wasn't CS. CS is off on the weekend. Whomever is posting on FB today isn't CS, they are just "filling in" and relaying to CS for Monday. Ronda and Casey at EFTS are phenomenal if you ever have to deal with them.

It very well may not have been Matt. But him tweeting that 3 minutes after that post I got on Facebook would be one hell of a coincidence. Him deleting the tweet only makes it seem more so.

So I'm going to check Dicks today for shoes. No Romaleos listed online but they do have these...

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/pro...010=SKU-12391287&camp=CSE:GoogleBase:12677175

The price is right...

No remaleos no sale!

Petrie

Banned
That's the thing. This wasn't CS. CS is off on the weekend. Whomever is posting on FB today isn't CS, they are just "filling in" and relaying to CS for Monday. Ronda and Casey at EFTS are phenomenal if you ever have to deal with them.

It very well may not have been Matt. But him tweeting that 3 minutes after that post I got on Facebook would be one hell of a coincidence. Him deleting the tweet only makes it seem more so.

Someone filling in though still makes him CS for that timeframe, and that tweets timing is just too close to be mere coincidence.

Since it's being sorted I'll try to give them the benefit-of-the-doubt though. I just really dislike when people seem to try and bury things they obviously said.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Someone filling in though still makes him CS for that timeframe, and that tweets timing is just too close to be mere coincidence.

Since it's being sorted I'll try to give them the benefit-of-the-doubt though. I just really dislike when people seem to try and bury things they obviously said.

Yeah, I do too. Especially since I'm looking at getting a home gym setup from them in the best future. But Dave being accessible every time I have an issue is really the saving grace.

Simplet

Is the routine in the op magical in some way?

I ask that because I seem to be making some freakish gains. I've been doing it for three weeks and these days I seem to be adding 5+kilos to each one of my lifts everytime I go to the gym (or not far from it). Has being fatish something to do with it? I don't take any supplements.

When i do skull crushers i don't feel anything at all. Does anyone know why? I keep my head half way on the bench and bring the bar in front of my forehead. I see some doing it beyond their head. Is there a difference in them or is one wrong?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Getting these.

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/training-adipower-weightlifting-shoes/DA847

V24382_01

I ask that because I seem to be making some freakish gains. I've been doing it for three weeks and these days I seem to be adding 5+kilos to each one of my lifts everytime I go to the gym (or not far from it). Has being fatish something to do with it? I don't take any supplements.

tumblr_m3gzxnu8XZ1r4xouyo1_250.gif

entremet

No. It's just based on proven exercise science--progressive overload, hitting muscle groups at least 2x per week--ideal for natural training novices, and a good recovery scheme.

While you can make gains on those magazine bro splits--Chest day, Arm day, Leg day, Back day, etc. Those are not optimal for new or natural trainees, although you can still make some gains. Training is about consistency in the long run.

Petrie

Banned

We need to compile any and all quotes like this for the next OP.

Petrie

Banned
BTW. He (Matt) tweeted to me and apologized and is still sticking to his story, but still apologized.

Yeah of course he is sticking to it, now it'd only look worse if he came clean.

Oh well. All your positive will towards Dave has me giving them a pass on this one. Better not happen again though!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yeah of course he is sticking to it, now it'd only look worse if he came clean.

Oh well. All your positive will towards Dave has me giving them a pass on this one. Better not happen again though!

Dave went above and beyond with the whole P2 belt issue last time. Even handling it himself. He's earned the good will. Plus he does a lot of good in the community and for charity. He's a damn good CEO.

Petrie

Banned
Dave went above and beyond with the whole P2 belt issue last time. Even handling it himself. He's earned the good will. Plus he does a lot of good in the community and for charity. He's a damn good CEO.

He can make up for it by sponsoring Shogun.

Let's make it happen FitGAF!

#SponsorShogun

Simplet

I've heard of beginner gains but I really didn't think it'd be this impressive. I'm not even a complete beginner, I've just been doing things haphazardly and on and off. Last time I was lifting was in december, and my bench-press for example had stalled around 75Ks. Took me 2 and a half weeks (skpping three times) to get to 80Ks after almost not doing anything for 4 months, and this week I was thinking of going slow and just getting up to 82.5, only to realize that I had the wrong bar and I was doing 92.5Ks! Obviously the two sets I did before I found out were really ugly, but last december I could barely do a few reps with 80 Kilos.

And then I realized that I had been using the big bar for all my heavy lifts! I remembered I was doing 105 kg last time on the deadlift, but I couldn't remember which bar I was using so I went up to 120 Kilos just to be sure. Turns out I did it really easily and I'm thinking of going directly to 130 Kilos next time. I really wonder how long this can last.

Petrie

Banned
It is funny, but not the right time. Especially if I really do run into these guys later when I go to LTT seminar or some other competitions down the road.

Fair enough.

Don't hate me.

I'm your biggest fan! Still remember when we had similar numbers. That sure didn't last.

blackflag

It isn't magic just the best routine for starting. Also, IMO it just seems like people that were fat gave better noob gains from everyone I've talked to. Mine were crazy.

blackflag

So...1 week eating whatever I want instead of cutting...weight change, none. WTF?

Maybe too early to say at this point...but I'm thinking I've been undereating on my cut and my body just said "nope, we're staying right here".

Gonna ride this out. Just had Chinese food leftovers for BREAKFAST.

Yo brother, I'm with you. Night before last I backloaded a whole large pizza, and like 800 cals worth of sweet potatoes and other shit.

Last night I ate a whole pint of Hagendaz gelato, bagel, Nutella, 2 chicken sandwiches, some more chicken, etc.

Down 2lbs and I was totally glycogen depleted prior to that so wtf....

Yo brother, I'm with you. Night before last I backloaded a whole large pizza, and like 800 cals worth of sweet potatoes and other shit.

Last night I ate a whole pint of Hagendaz gelato, bagel, Nutella, 2 chicken sandwiches, some more chicken, etc.

Down 2lbs and I was totally glycogen depleted prior to that so wtf....

Down 2 pounds in 24 hours? It's water.

Veezy

que?
So, getting back into bulking is killing me. I went from inconsistent eating, like not having food for a few days at a time, to sporadically eating when i could when I moved back home, to now slamming down 3-4k calories a day.

fucking ugh.

blackflag

Down 2 pounds in 24 hours? It's water.

48 hours. I know how it works but that doesn't make sense. I was glycogen depleted before. Then I loaded with like 1,000 grams of carbs over 2 days. I should be up about 6 lbs.

I'm not saying its fat either, I'm just saying so far my results are no worse.

blackflag

So, getting back into bulking is killing me. I went from inconsistent eating, like not having food for a few days at a time, to sporadically eating when i could when I moved back home, to now slamming down 3-4k calories a day.

fucking ugh.

It's so annoying eating 4k cals unless its like pizza or ice cream lol

Okay to substitute incline bench press for flat bench press in Starting Strength?

I would say that it is too similar to shoulder press. I think the quote I've read about this is something like, If you're actually a beginner, then your upper chest isn't underdeveloped, your entire chest is. Just do flat to develop everything. Worry about the details when you've put on more muscle.

Knowing nothing about you, I can't say if that applies. It's certainly relevant to me.

andycapps

2nd round through SS, doing a deload, so I'm not quite a noob, but just wondering if could be substituted sometimes. Thanks for the responses.

_Isaac

I had just recently started going back into the gym after an injury, and now I have a whole new injury again. I screwed up my hip during a squat, and now I struggle just getting in an out of a car.

SeanR1221

Knee sleeves already came in! They feel awesome. Expecting the elbow ones tomorrow. I hope I don't regret not sizing them down but the jackal exchange policy seems simple enough.

Kyaw

Is it ok to do 5 sets of 3 to get the same amount of volume when you can't do 5 reps?

I could do 3 sets of 5 at 50kg for OHP but at 52.5kg, I can only do 5 sets of 3. I'll get these improvised microplates done asap.

Guys? :(

Kyaw

Sorry but what's the point of getting $200 shoes for lifting?

That sounds fine. Are you on a specific name-brand regimen?

Greyskull "Phrakture's Variant".

I know microloading is a huge component to it but at the moment I haven't got them.

x0pa

Neo Member
I may be mistaken, but I remember reading in 5x5 stronglift that you should avoid wearing shoes with 'shocks' / 'padding' as it takes away from your lift. Can anyone confirm?

I may be mistaken, but I remember reading in 5x5 stronglift that you should avoid wearing shoes with 'shocks' / 'padding' as it takes away from your lift. Can anyone confirm?

don't lift with a squishy sole. The sole should be minimal or something hard, like how llifting shoes have wooden heels.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shogun, when you have a chance, would you mind working with me to "trim the fat" of my accessory stuff?

Sure, I'm hit/miss though. I'll do what I can.

Wake up to this drama. Go Shogun!

Breakfast for me consists of cottage cheese pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage.

Thank you based cut.

I live to serve.

I thought it was Romaleos or bust ;)

It seems the shoes I posted earlier are like the little brother to these.

These apparently are about as good as Romaelos plus I don't have to wait until May.

Sorry but what's the point of getting $200 shoes for lifting?

Really good quality weightlifting shoes. I've learned buy "right" the first time to avoid buying again. Or do you mean what's the point of lifting shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom