• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Today was the extra gym day, went great, bench progressing nicely. Tonight is the big date with this girl and her best friend. Pretty nervous but can't wait to go as well. Korean BBQ so chances are I'll get to remain in ketosis too lol.
Moving straight into the 3some huh Bish? Playa with game to spare! Take notes gents.

sphinx

the piano man
Catching up from the past few days.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys :). It was fun having my quick moment in the Instagram spotlight. For a few hours there I was getting bombarded with random likes and follows.

---

Sphinx and bish, awesome transformations. I love seeing this stuff. It keeps everyone motivated.

I hope you had a nice birthday party :) and thanks.

Deads on point. This meet is gonna be great if I keep my low back healthy.

DL 555 and 505 with chains for 3.

http://youtu.be/N6PXYPADxmM

I loved seeing that.

Do you ever use mixed grip and if not, is any particular reason to avoid it?

Cooter

I'll soon be joining the cool kids!

xXGfia1.jpg

Total grip failure on deadlifts earlier. I'm still 10kg short of where I used to be with straps, very frustrating, don't really know where to go next. =/

BumRush

Total grip failure on deadlifts earlier. I'm still 10kg short of where I used to be with straps, very frustrating, don't really know where to go next. =/

Fatgripz to improve your grip? They work...incredibly well.

To the mall and get yourself a mocha orange frappuccino!

Lol, dude's bangin 2 chicks tonight and now he's taking shots at psycho. Love the confidence.

I'd be full of shit if I didn't say I'm surprising myself.

That's what I love about you dude...you're humble but this is uncharted territory for you so you're pumped. Fun to watch.

SeanR1221

Brolics deads. So fucking smooth.

I'll be deadlifting tomorrow in my yoshi costume from last year to get a free smoothie at the gym followed by a 3.00 burrito at chipotle.

mdsfx

I'll be deadlifting tomorrow in my yoshi costume from last year to get a free smoothie at the gym followed by a 3.00 burrito at chipotle.
Speaking of costumes... Once I learned that a coworker and friend of mine was coming in as scorpion, I couldn't resist being his nemesis (sleeveless of course lol):

It's a cheap ass costume, but the industrial mask helped.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well, that group Sean introduced my to a long time ago just soured to me. They are literally mocking NASA for being a drug free tested federation with a division for lifetime drug free lifters.

Bright side is this confirms what I thought before, a lot of people in lifting especially those that compete, use even if they aren't that strong.

Really?? Well shit. It was only 1.79 so no loss. Didn't know there were different kinds of ammonia. Off to research...

EDIT: You were right, not the same thing. Just ordered 30 off Amazon.

Glad you weren't huffing cleaner. Lol.

Cooter

Well, that group Sean introduced my to a long time ago just soured to me. They are literally mocking NASA for being a drug free tested federation with a division for lifetime drug free lifters.

Bright side is this confirms what I thought before, a lot of people in lifting especially those that compete, use even if they aren't that strong.

Glad you weren't huffing cleaner. Lol.
lol no kidding!

I assume mostly everyone in meets and bodybuilding shows use unless I know them and witnessed their progress over years.

Fucking weak. Literally.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I love how both sides of the steroid discussion just demonize the other side. It's just like Star Wars fans.

Cooter

I was in the cleaning section getting some stuff and saw this. I thought, hell, this is like a half gallon. It will last me years! And for a buck 79?? This is too easy! Hahhaha

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I love how both sides of the steroid discussion just demonize the other side. It's just like Star Wars fans.

My only issue with users is when they knowingly compete in tested Feds or straight up natural competitions.

That or they claim natural to people who don't know better and dispense advice or worse, charge for it.

Grip failure aside, the difference between bulking properly and cutting for me has been a revelation. This is the first time I've really gone on a proper bulk (I tried to do it once before but I was terrified of getting fat) and my confidence is already starting to increase on the weights. As a nice side effect, earlier I caught myself in the mirror and I'm thinking that at the moment I'm looking more like a gymnast than a cyclist... still crazy small and weak compared to some of you beasts, but I'm pretty happy with the direction I'm heading in.

I'm still apprehensive about getting fat, but I know at this point that I can easily lose it again, and next time I'll look even better.

ILoveBish

Date went amazing, couldn't have gone better. And there was no 3some you silly sallys, this girl and i are going through motions for arranged marriage lol. Things lookin real good right now.

entremet

Look at this transformation

CRCYpvgVEAADXTH.jpg

Damn impressive.

No that's not me lol. Came up on my twitter feed and definitely one of the most striking I've seen in a while.

Also shows how much being fit adds to man's attractiveness.

It's like his skull lost width, very odd face gainz. That aside, lucky bastard has some great chest genetics that's helping a ton there.

Very impressive.

The voice inside my head is right though, loose skin means that I can't do that.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Does anyone have an effective mental cue for good mornings? All I can think of is "don't die", and they are starting to feel heavier.

mkenyon

Banned
It's like his skull lost width, very odd face gainz. That aside, lucky bastard has some great chest genetics that's helping a ton there.

Very impressive.

The voice inside my head is right though, loose skin means that I can't do that.
Yeah. The key to that guy looking like he does was a combination of his diet, exercise, and very expensive plastic surgery.

#teamlooseskin

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Does anyone have an effective mental cue for good mornings? All I can think of is "don't die", and they are starting to feel heavier.

Keep the weight low and push your ass back as far as you can without compromising your low back, then hump/clinch your glutes as hard and fast as you can, that's the cue. You will feel it in your hams and glutes. Low weight higher rep 8-10 rep range.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Is rowing more than body weight a thing? I'll take it:

Squats - 245lbs 3x5
DB press - 62.5s 1x4.5, 2x3
Good mornings - 125lbs 5x8
Pendlay rows - 200lbs 2x5, 1x6

Edit: Hump it up! Love the cue. Thanks, Brolic.

BumRush

Keep the weight low and push your ass back as far as you can without compromising your low back, then hump/clinch your glutes as hard and fast as you can, that's the cue. You will feel it in your hams and glutes. Low weight higher rep 8-10 rep range.

Tell me more. I can do them but they kill the back of my neck / shoulders (the bar moves slightly). Heavy squats don't bother me at all, but good mornings do some damage.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tell me more. I can do them but they kill the back of my neck / shoulders (the bar moves slightly). Heavy squats don't bother me at all, but good mornings do some damage.

Hold it in a low bar position lead with your ass look slightly down and in front of you (neutral spine) and do as I said above. It's easier for me since I have a SSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom