• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I'm watching that, and I've realised that's how I always bench. I assume I'm supposed to be much faster? Whenever I read "paused" I assumed like a count of three or something before going back up.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hmm... I'm watching that, and I've realised that's how I always bench. I assume I'm supposed to be much faster? Whenever I read "paused" I assumed like a count of three or something before going back up.

Those are long pause. If the competition has me pausing for 3 seconds on my chest the judge is an asshole.

If you watch, I'm not immediately pressing when it hits my chest, nor do I bounce. There's a moment when the bar is not moving. That's the pause, and that's what judges look for before giving the press command.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Gaf, when I do normal push-ups I get mild lower back pain. Is this an stance issue? Will it go away or I should not risky it?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Insane. I always thought the bench was the least impressive of your lifts (still infinitely more impressive than most any lift I've ever seen)...but damn, that looked VERY easy. 370 easy @ around 240?

Yeah, and honestly had my hip flexor not cramped I'd have gotten one or two more. I'm on track for over 405. Felt like I could have got 405 today.

Oh yeah, it's absolutely a pause, I'd just never seen one done properly before. I don't really follow competitive lifting.

Example

http://youtu.be/-o9e1rzoiDg

Fox318

finally was able to push out the 5x5 squat I was trying to do.

Italics = warm up

10x45lbs
5x135lbs
5x185lbs
5x225lbs

5x5 255lbs

Military Press
5x135
5x135
5x135
3x135
1x135

Deadlift

5x135lbs
5x185lbs
5x225lbs
5x265lbs

Tried hard as fuck to get 300lbs up for the deadlift but I was so tired by then.

man the squats take a ton out of me.

Fox318

Are you eating over your maintenance levels?

h8khEY3.png

oaxRxdP.png

Your net calories are all over the place. That's crazy low too. In the deepest part of my most recent cut my net calories never dipped under 1,300 and the weight was falling off (actually faster than I wanted it to)....

...and that's for someone that weighs ~140lbs.

despire

It's kinda interested looking at Google analytics data for my blog. Especially from where are people visiting the site. US, Brazil, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, UK.. Everybody is someone from here I think.

Fox318

Your net calories are all over the place. That's crazy low too. In the deepest part of my most recent cut my net calories never dipped under 1,300 and the weight was falling off (actually faster than I wanted it to)....

...and that's for someone that weighs ~140lbs.

From the nutritionist that I met with a few times she said that my resting metabolic calories burned is about 2,200.

trying to get my weight back in control. Doctor told me that I had to lose weight in January because of liver enzyme levels and a higher than normal cholesterol. Since then the doc has said I'm in the clear and everything else is normal but I still want to lose this damn belly.

bt1LdV4.png

Problem is, and I'm speaking from experience, what can often happen when you push your calories too low is that you just start to lose muscle and you end up looking like crap anyway.

Problem is, and I'm speaking from experience, what can often happen when you push your calories too low is that you just start to lose muscle and you end up looking like crap anyway.

Wish I could back in time and stop myself from doing that, and stupidly replacing all my resistance training with jogging. Pretty much had to start all over again.

Wish I could back in time and stop myself from doing that, and stupidly replacing all my resistance training with jogging. Pretty much had to start all over again.

On the bright side, at least that's not a mistake he's making.

I spent a year doing high rep, high heart rate weight training routines and wasted a TON of time.

Today it's one of those days when I just lose motivation. I'm feeling down. I know it's probably not the thread to talk about this stuff.

I'm gonna go and workout a bit and hope it gets better.

Today it's one of those days when I just lose motivation. I'm feeling down. I know it's probably not the thread to talk about this stuff.

Pretty much is. Sure, it seems like some of the posters here are always ultra positive and always progressing... but many of us struggle in one way or another, and post about it here.

mdsfx

I'm gonna go and workout a bit and hope it gets better.

Create or focus on a goal and accomplish it. That, or do something different to change things up, but either way push yourself.

I go through spells of this all the time. For me it's often finding something new to try that helps me overcome it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Are you kidding me Mrs. Sean?! Amazing stuff! You don't look so bad yourself Mr. Sean.

Pretty much is. Sure, it seems like some of the posters here are always ultra positive and always progressing... but many of us struggle in one way or another, and post about it here.

Thanks.

It's mostly body image issues that get me down.

Create or focus on a goal and accomplish it. That, or do something different to change things up, but either way push yourself.

I go through spells of this all the time. For me it's often finding something new to try that helps me overcome it.

Yeah, I'll try.

I'll go run a bit for now.

Fox318

On the bright side, at least that's not a mistake he's making.

I spent a year doing high rep, high heart rate weight training routines and wasted a TON of time.
I mean I'm trying to eat healthier. Some smaller portions, fresh and low sodium foods, plenty of water, high fiber, and staying away from pasta, bread, and sugar.

Most of my time at the gym is coumpound exercises and some time on the treadmill. Only things I try to add as an accessory is ab/core and anything with arms.

I really should start taking photos as I do have some measurments.

My only issue with users is when they knowingly compete in tested Feds or straight up natural competitions.

That or they claim natural to people who don't know better and dispense advice or worse, charge for it.
Steroids are a controlled substance.

Nobody is going to risk jail time by admitting steroid use.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Steroids are a controlled substance.

Nobody is going to risk jail time by admitting steroid use.

1 then compete in a fed that either doesn't test, or the tests don't matter. Not in a natural fed.

2 then don't give advice to people who are natural seeking advice that's applicable to their own training.

And I'm well aware of what steroids are. And I also know supplement companies make their business based off of the ignorance/lie of the public thinking their supplements are the way to th performance/physique people seek, and it's really a result of steroids.

So what's the deal with grip width and pull ups? I don't really see people doing chin ups with any great variation in grip width, but for pull ups you see everything from a full on Y shape, to hands placed right next to each other (strangely I find that version ridiculously easy). If I try the wide ones I find my shoulders make horrible snapping noises and some pain... but what's "right"?

ILoveBish

mr and mrs sean both look terrific. Do those short shorts have pockets? If so, i may be interested in a pair! Speaking about seans of course lol.

1 then compete in a fed that either doesn't test, or the tests don't matter. Not in a natural fed.

2 then don't give advice to people who are natural seeking advice that's applicable to their own training.

And I'm well aware of what steroids are. And I also know supplement companies make their business based off of the ignorance/lie of the public thinking their supplements are the way to th performance/physique people seek, and it's really a result of steroids.

There aren't any Federations that don't do testing...

Unless your saying they should stick to competing at local gyms for the rest of their lives.

entremet

Don't forget that pro hormones have been found in supplements as well. Mostly because supplements aren't regulated like pharmaceuticals are so there's always shady shit going on.

Is it possible that protein powder could have steroids in it, like maybe from the milk that was used? A while back I was on a prescription steroid and it gave me really bad acne as a side effect. Recently I had the same reaction, but I haven't changed my diet aside from a different brand of protein powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom