• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things:

1. My left side hurt like hell. Though it felt strange. Went to doc. It's shingles :(

2. My new addiction :)

Dude I had shingles last year and I was fucked for like 2 months, just constantly lethargic. if you caught it really early though you might be good.

No, that's for maintenance. I eat at a severe deficit 5-6 days a week and go crazy for 1 or two. For bulks I don't really have cheat day. All I do is eat and lift heavy. I eat the same on training days and off days. When bulking don't be concerned about being super accurate with calories . Just have a general idea where you're at. I stick to 3500-4000 but everyone is different.

What is your calorie intake for maintenance? Just after a rough idea what I'd be looking at? 20-30% calories over maintenance etc?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What is your calorie intake for maintenance? Just after a rough idea what I'd be looking at? 20-30% calories over maintenance etc?
Who knows really but 2200-2500 calories has seemed to work for me in the past. I'd start at 3200 and monitor from there.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Two things:

1. My left side hurt like hell. Though it felt strange. Went to doc. It's shingles :(

2. My new addiction :)

Is that Nutella on mother effin banana bread!?

Also, get well soon man. That sucks :(

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Cheers mate, will do. 5 weeks until I move to my bulk, can't wait :)
Good luck. I assume you're natural in which case the best advice I can give is eat big and lift big. Really push yourself with your 5,3, and 1 rep maxes. Over the course of months strength will translate into size. Also be patient. This stuff takes time.

mdsfx

Is that Nutella on mother effin banana bread!?
Basically! Frickin love it. I mean, my wife's banana bread is already pretty amazing. She uses Greek yogurt (not sure if that's common) and it makes it so incredibly moist without using a bunch of oil. Adding the chocolate PB to it just takes it to another level.

Granadier

Basically! Frickin love it. I mean, my wife's banana bread is already pretty amazing. She uses Greek yogurt (not sure if that's common) and it makes it so incredibly moist without using a bunch of oil. Adding the chocolate PB to it just takes it to another level.

Didn't see the jar at first. Was so distracted by that chocolate covered bread. I'm in love.

BumRush

Banana bread with chocolate pb is a phenomenal snack

despire

Sure, my P/C/F is 255/280/80 (2860 calories). On lifting days I am trying to eat around 30% of my total daily carbs in each of my pre/post workout meals and limiting those same meals to 20g of fat or less. Other than that, I'm just trying to stick to single ingredient foods as much as possible. I'm recording my weight and waist size every morning, so if I am not slowly losing weight after the first 2-3 weeks I'll adjust as necessary.

Yeah the calories might be too high if you want to lean down. Those would be bulking calories for most people. Also you could do with a lot less protein if you feel like it. .82g per pound should be enough.

But see how it goes and adjust.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Two weeks to Ft Lauderdale, where I'll be single and in the best shape of my life. Maybe I'll cut a little harder, but my lifts are still going up so that's hard to risk.

Press - 90lbs x 3, 110x3, 125x4
Db press - 40s 3x10
Chins - 9, 7, 5

Teggy

Hey guys, did you know that 120lbs on one side of the bar and 105lbs on the other side doesn't equal 280lbs? >_>

Didn't realize what was going on until after my set. Figured best to just move on and do it correctly next week.

Granadier

Hey guys, did you know that 120lbs on one side of the bar and 105lbs on the other side doesn't equal 280lbs? >_>

Didn't realize what was going on until after my set. Figured best to just move on and do it correctly next week.

Flip the bar around and do another set to even it out. /s

Good luck. I assume you're natural in which case the best advice I can give is eat big and lift big. Really push yourself with your 5,3, and 1 rep maxes. Over the course of months strength will translate into size. Also be patient. This stuff takes time.

Yeah mate, I can't wait to start eating more. I just posted my first loss on Benchpress.... Been going up whilst my weight is dropping but I'm doing 5/3/1 and my 1rm went from 113kg last week to 109kg this week....shit, can't say I'm not disappointed. I hope I get back up there next week. As you said it's a marathon

ILoveBish

Gym is getting less and less populated lately. Maybe the resolutionists have called it quits. Bench went well, 185x7 easy. Done for the week but might go back to do extra chest stuff.

Booked my honeymoon, going to sandals in Jamaica. First time out of the US since I entered it as a baby. Have 6 months to really get lean.

despire

Gym is getting less and less populated lately. Maybe the resolutionists have called it quits. Bench went well, 185x7 easy. Done for the week but might go back to do extra chest stuff.

Booked my honeymoon, going to sandals in Jamaica. First time out of the US since I entered it as a baby. Have 6 months to really get lean.

We almost went to Caribbean (Curacao) as well but decided on Bali instead. Cheaper location. 4 months to go.

Yeah, have definitely hurt my right leg. Not sure what it was about the squats that did it, as I didn't feel any pain at the time (well, aside from the usual HELP I'M BEING FLATTENED sort).

I'll check the vid, but I hardly ever notice anything there.

BumRush

Yeah, have definitely hurt my right leg. Not sure what it was about the squats that did it, as I didn't feel any pain at the time (well, aside from the usual HELP I'M BEING FLATTENED sort).

I'll check the vid, but I hardly ever notice anything there.

Maybe it was riding a bike for 6 hours with a 50 pound weighted vest on that played a part in it.........

Maybe it was riding a bike for 6 hours with a 50 pound weighted vest on that played a part in it.........

YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DAMN OPINIONS TO YOURSELF!

But no, I've had a squat day since then which went fine.

i guess you were watching the females right now doing squats. lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEjC0rBB2x4

Skipped back to some of the squats, and one of them had the tiniest little drop before powering through it. Such a shame.

(Looked better than 90% of my max reps)

bchamba

Skipped back to some of the squats, and one of them had the tiniest little drop before powering through it. Such a shame.

(Looked better than 90% of my max reps)

Yea that sucks but it's not really a judgement call, downward movement is downward movement. It's the inconsistent depth calls where somebody can hit the same depth twice and get one called deep enough and one not deep enough, especially when both are clearly deep enough. Sometimes it feels like they want to only pass the deepest of squats to maintain this image of them being the most strict federation that doesn't allow bad lifts.

Fox318

You the entire peanut butter?

I ate 2 of these

90DkxJv.jpg

Yea that sucks but it's not really a judgement call, downward movement is downward movement. It's the inconsistent depth calls where somebody can hit the same depth twice and get one called deep enough and one not deep enough, especially when both are clearly deep enough. Sometimes it feels like they want to only pass the deepest of squats to maintain this image of them being the most strict federation that doesn't allow bad lifts.

You'd figure you could easily fix that with a little bit of tech (two reflective stickers and a camera would do it).

They give him a bunch of drugs to go with it?

Also, really fuck all advantage to dumping simple carbs completely.

Edit - Interestingly enough, I spend more time working out... though significantly less time cooking and eating.

5k calories isn't much, IMO. The day job schedule just kicked back in so I am back at 4600. I feel I can do 5k with relative ease since now I'm still hungry with 4600. But working concrete for 10-12 hours a day will do that XD

ACE 1991

Getting so excited for my backpacking trip in the Grand Canyon in a few weeks. Definitely going to be a big physical challenge different than what I'm used to in the weight room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom