• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT8| Dad Bods, Bulge Swelfies, and Wait...Do you even lift bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsfx

Any red flags with this stuff?

qYUdJlf.png

Wondering if this preworkout really isn't that bad? Maybe a little pricey.

Any red flags with this stuff?

Wondering if this preworkout really isn't that bad? Maybe a little pricey.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EYDJTRE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EIO4I7A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

They have whatever you need and 3rd party lab results peg them as A+ for their supplements. I get my creatine and beta alanine from them.

Those caffeine pills are the same ones i get.

You're basically making my pre and 200mg is fine. Most cups of coffee, particularly light roast 8oz are anywhere from 100-200mg caffeine.

Kool Aid also makes the bomb dot com water flavoring. I love grape and watermelon. Sugar free. Buy them at the grocery store, add some nice flavoring.

mdsfx

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EYDJTRE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EIO4I7A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

They have whatever you need and 3rd party lab results peg them as A+ for their supplements. I get my creatine and beta alanine from them.

Those caffeine pills are the same ones i get.

You're basically making my pre and 200mg is fine. Most cups of coffee, particularly light roast 8oz are anywhere from 100-200mg caffeine.

Kool Aid also makes the bomb dot com water flavoring. I love grape and watermelon. Sugar free. Buy them at the grocery store, add some nice flavoring.

Thanks! Grabbed those instead. Much appreciated

Chocobro

Any of you guys heard of romwod? I know it has very "CrossFit-esque" name but it's probably the best thing I've added to my training in a long time. It's a $14 a month subscription and they spit out a new yoga/passive stretching routine to follow every day. Each one is around 20 minutes with one day a week being a longer 45 min long session. It's super relaxing and my mobility and recovery is gotten sooo much better in the 4 months I've been following. 20 mins a day makes it easy to stay consistent. I've got a referral link for a 2 week trial if anyone is interested, otherwise I think they give out a week free to anyone.
Guess I missed out on the referral link, weightlifting bro? D:

I was looking it up a few weeks ago because one of the new lifters at my gym started doing those due to bad mobility.

MjFrancis

Look at this mother fucker just randomly dropping by. How the hell you been bud?
A FitGaf veteran shows up out of nowhere. Long time man. How's it going?
I've been silently observing the thread this whole time, nodding my head in approval of the gains contained therein.

Personally, been better. Gains? Meh. Consistency has kept me from falling off the train completely, thankfully, I just have nothing spectacular to post.

He's just been sleeping this whole time is all.
Dear God I wish. I am consistently getting 5-6 hours of sleep on weekdays and up to eight on the weekends. Every so often I'm able to hibernate for twelve hours and the deadlifts rip like they used to. That's what I thought of when I praised the awesomeness that is sleep.

If you're reading this Sean, keep kicking ass, loved the transformation thread lol.

Ashhong

Anybody have tips on cleaning bars and weights? Got second hand stuff and just want to make them sterile..is it as simple as a Lysol wipe? There's no rust on them

velociraptor

Ugh, fuck this eating shit. I can't cope any more.

I've been eating literally non stop since I finished weights and I'm still 700kcal short. I feel so sick. I'm going to try and eat some biscuits or something, because fuck trying to find anything healthy.

But eating food is awesome! What do you generally eat in the day? Focus on calorie dense foods like oats and potatoes. They're so easy to overeat.

1 cup oats
400ml milk
1 banana
2 scoops whey
1 tablespoon PB or 1 tablespoon olive oil

No idea how many calories this is but I imagine it's 700+.

Or you could try making this protein pancake (>700-800 calories) and it tastes delicious. It doesn't even fill me up either.
- 2 scoops whey (I use 1 scoop whey and 1 scoop casein)
- 80g oats
- 1 large frozen banana
- 350ml milk
- 150g liquid egg whites
- cocoa/cinnamon/whatever

Blend and fry on low heat. I personally cook the entire batter in one go (too impatient to make 10 small pancakes).

Bout to make some power cakes and eggs and bacon and stuff. Man I'm hungry this morning and them pancakes are gonna take care of business.

what do you guys think of rep till failure? I find myself getting better results that way
Depends on your definition of failure.

Is it not being able to put up the weight AT ALL? Or is it not being able to do another rep with perfect form, but probably can grunt out another rep or two with slop?

I subscribe to the perfect form rule and I use it every set, every workout, based on a set of rules. That's pretty much how I set my weight for set 1 based on reps.

Faiz

what do you guys think of rep till failure? I find myself getting better results that way

The general impression I've had from a number of sources is:

It's okay to go to technical failure (i.e., form breaks down) on heavy compounds.

For isolation accessories, it's okay to go to complete failure.

They have their place. I don't do every lift to failure though. Things like pushups, pullups, bb curls, etc, sure.
Same, I don't use failure as a goal for any of my lifts really. Instead I set rep goals each week that I aim for. I'll keep failing until I finally progress and hit the goal, then adjust the goal and start again.

I never have sets I intentionally go to failure on. Not even when I do drop sets or burn out sets.

Jeez fuck.

Lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks at 4500 calories per day. What the fuck. I know work has been killing me but I didn't think that much.

The Chef

Jeez fuck.

Lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks at 4500 calories per day. What the fuck. I know work has been killing me but I didn't think that much.

Whaaaaa???
Are you totally sure you're getting those numbers? Cuz bro that is a LOT.
As a comparison Dwayne Johnson takes in around 5,000 a day so....

mdsfx

First Saturday off Cooter protocol in a long time. Trying to maintain a defecit on my off day. Feeling the hunger and cravings for sure.

This would be so much easier if I wasnt surrounded by food constantly.

QMtLO8w.jpg

Lol Jesus dude. Construction is nuts.
Between that and and the game yeah. Plus we are working on the house, plus the wind took out part of my fence this past week. Not much sleep + stress :(

Whaaaaa???
Are you totally sure you're getting those numbers? Cuz bro that is a LOT.
As a comparison Dwayne Johnson takes in around 5,000 a day so....
And then some. People are different tho, I have friends with 6k to maintain and they are nowhere near Johnson's size. I'm def a "hard gainer", have been my whole life. I'm also pushing
next month. I can still lose quick as I've been mini cutting throughout my bulk to keep the fat gain to a minimum. So far went from 197.6 to 223.4 today in 11 months even. That's a pretty decent amount, but still. Strength hasn't been hit. I should take a rest week to refresh and get some quality sleep. Haven't had one in a few months.

I may be trying to keep off too much fat gain. I don't have abs any longer at rest but if I flex I can still see them pop and my belt shows so I probably shouldn't fuss too much about it. I just don't want to be too much out from being cut. All in all I'm just over 0.5lbs per week on average. I'm in no rush but still, losing a few out of nowhere sucks. I would go to the 1lb per week strategy but again at my age I don't want to gain that much fat.

I'll rest next week and get some better sleep. The house will be done and back in order in a few weeks so I can get back to my normal routine.

First Saturday off Cooter protocol in a long time. Trying to maintain a defecit on my off day. Feeling the hunger and cravings for sure.

This would be so much easier if I wasnt surrounded by food constantly.

QMtLO8w.jpg
Artist rendering is legit.

velociraptor

Had a strong urge to faint and vomit at the gym today when doing legs and shoulders. Had never felt so light headed and sick during a workout until today.

CURSE YOU INSOMNIA. I've probably totalled 6-7 hours of sleep over the past 2 days. :\

Had a strong urge to faint and vomit at the gym today when doing legs and shoulders. Had never felt so light headed and sick during a workout until today.

CURSE YOU INSOMNIA. I've probably totalled 6-7 hours of sleep over the past 2 days. :
You too? I was doing deadlift and was ready to pass out after the set. Went in for an early morning session with only some pancakes earlier

Also got some black bean spaghetti. Macros for 56g (2 oz) serving 2f/17c/25p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sweet! Noticed that you didn't do the turn with the yoke. I'm guessing it's the slope of your driveway that throws it off.

And every damn time you walked around the yoke after a sandbag toss, I was fearing for your shin.

Y U so strong? That's bonkers.

You should get the mail WITH the yoke one day. Mailman would be so confused.

Awesome video.

Thanks guys, and turning with a yoke would be asking for an injury. This was relatively light though, I need to work on speed.

Szu

amazing lifts aside, your suburb looks like a paradise, beautiful houses everywhere, everything clean, big open spaces. Pretty cool.

Yeah, real jelly, it's barely over 40 F in NY. And I got some snow/rain earlier today.

I blame Canada.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
4 scrambled eggs
2 cheddar slices
Shredded ham or chicken

Put some peanut butter on a warmed tortilla, lay in the egg mixture and put Tapatio on top. Wrap it all up and eat.
Fantastic 2000 calorie breakfast.

mdsfx

Sooo a friend wants me to take creatine, I personally dont like the idea but want to see if you guys take it.
Yep I take it. I take 4-5g a day. I did not do the loading of 20g per day for the first week.

I even have a history of kidney stones but haven't had any issues in 5 months. I drink at least 3/4 of a gallon of water per day.

On another note: successfully ate only 1500cal on my rest day to maintain a defecit. Wasnt too bad!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Sooo a friend wants me to take creatine, I personally dont like the idea but want to see if you guys take it.
Don't go down that path. Next thing you know you'll be working a street corner for smack.

It's perfectly safe.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
amazing lifts aside, your suburb looks like a paradise, beautiful houses everywhere, everything clean, big open spaces. Pretty cool.

Thanks and yeah I have a nice house in a nice neighborhood. It's on a culdesac too.

Yeah, real jelly, it's barely over 40 F in NY. And I got some snow/rain earlier today.

I blame Canada.

My brother is in NY. I hear it all the time.

Disxo

Yep I take it. I take 4-5g a day. I did not do the loading of 20g per day for the first week.

I even have a history of kidney stones but haven't had any issues in 5 months. I drink at least 3/4 of a gallon of water per day.
Well it certainly seems to be fine if taken correctly
(initially thought it was harmful),
will take it into consideration but right now I need to manage my diet in order to get bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom