• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Dre3001

For the new page.

Those in Tallahassee in need of water. Walmart on Mahan by the Costco just got a restock of bottled water. 32 packs of Aquafina.

ced

For the new page.

Those in Tallahassee in need of water. Walmart on Mahan by the Costco just got a restock of bottled water. 32 packs of Aquafina.

I'm in Tally and getting a bit nervous, I guess around 8 am we'll know what this thing is doing.

sflufan

Banned
Broward storm cell now moving over Sawgrass Mills.

Just FYI, the funnel cloud doesn't appear to have ever actually touched down.

MrNelson

Banned
Family decide to bug out of Tampa, so good luck to the rest of you staying put and stay safe!

I pray that my parent's mobile home makes it through this hell unscathed.

Like Rush Limbaugh talking about how Irma was a media conspiracy then evacuating. Guy should be imprisoned

Rush is a dumbass, so I believed everyone else when they <<<echo-chambered>>> his Hurricane comment.

I have heard a lot of people say that, so I found and listened to what he said. He said the hurricane itself is very real and you should evacuate if you are in it’s path. He said the media-induced panic about hurricanes creates an artificial run-on gas, water, supplies, etc. He didn’t say, quote, “Irma is a media conspiracy”.

He spews crap every day, but he didn’t say that hurricanes are fake or that hurricanes are fiction, or that you shouldn’t evacuate from hurricanes, or that media creates hurricanes for ratings.

Tovarisc

G1nHO5i.png

https://twitter.com/AP/status/906651474805043200

Redmoon

So many tornado warnings. I can Literally triangulate my home in the reports as im near port everglades in Fort Lauderdale that are in like half of these warnings :<

sflufan

Banned
So many tornado warnings. I can Literally triangulate my home in the reports as im near port everglades in Fort Lauderdale that are in like half of these warnings :<

Fucking hell man. Just got another tornado warning now until 7:30.

Watch Channel 10 (WPLG) - they are doing an excellent job of using their Doppler to pinpoint the storms coming off the Atlantic and how quickly they're transiting the area.

Just got an ominous robocall I guess from Orange County, FL government. Issuing a mandatory evacuation for mobile home residents.

Guess their records aren't updated because I'm in Dallas now. Or maybe they just robocall all central Florida area codes, idk.

III-V

Where are you located? Also don't wait too long if your gonna go, go

I am in Tampa as well. I don't expect to see the first of the tropical storm force winds until mid morning tomorrow, but I will have made the call stay or go before then. Got this under control. Roads are not bad at all.

I am in Tampa as well. I don't expect to see the first of the tropical storm force winds until mid morning tomorrow, but I will have made the call stay or go before then. Got this under control. Roads are not bad at all.

Ok as long as you're confident you got this, then you got this!

Everyone else who lives there I have you all in my thoughts and prayers, and would help in anyway that I can. Be safe everyone.

In laws lost power in Apopka. Looks like it came back though

Sitting pretty still, bought to put my daughter to bed and make a whole bunch of frozen food

Top Bottom