• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

FOA0s7G.jpg

What my mom is literally looking at now from Port Saint Lucie

Tornado warning in Cutler bay, till 8:15. Power keeps going in and out.

Edit:Was just about to nap too, catch some z's before it's more then just feeder bands, oh well for that.

So when is this thing suppose to make the sharp turn north? I have everything ready to make a move to Orlando in the morning. But I want to buy all the time I have first. I'm right outside Tampa.

Got a Tornado warning down here in Miami-Dade.

Power seems to be Fluctiating but staying strong. Everyone's power seems to have dropped already so I'm lucky.

My AC broke earlier today however, so it seems I'm not saved from the wrath of Irma.

MrJames

Damn, forgot there was a dedicated Irma thread.

Looks like Irma hit the brakes. Might be ready to start turning.

8:00 PM EDT Sat Sep 9
Moving: WNW at 7 mph
Min pressure: 932 mb
Max sustained: 120 mph

Bilb Ono

Neo Member
Plantation here. Lost power about 2 hours ago even though its not too crazy. Playing some cards and drinking some wine with the famIly.

Briarios

Ugh this storm has me antsy ... I'm in the peninsula section of Tampa, right were the track heads through currently. No way to know whats going to happen to the house, but what's really bothering me is we help take care of a feral/cat colony ... I'm so worried about them. Nothing we can really do, but it would hurt a lot if we lose some.

It's the waiting that's the worst ... I'll be fine once the storm starts, but ... yuck.

Apt101

I'm surprised you guys in Fort Lauderdale stayed. It's my favorite city to unwind in and visit, but I noticed the whole place was just one bad storm away from being underwater (especially my favorite neighborhood near the airport, with the canals in the back yards). I hope you all remain safe and this storm miraculously doesn't cause too much flooding.

Reporting in from swfl. I just want to play destiny 2. Damn. Oh well I'm safe and ready for this to end. Hoping power outages don't last too long and really hoping floods are at minimum.

Top Bottom