• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/11L/html5-vis-long.html

This visible imagery of the hurricane concerns me for a variety of reasons. Need more time to tell, and it could just be the nighttime reflections, but the core looks like it is potentially really getting its act together.

That's what I was thinking as I was watching the GOES infrared loop. It looks like it's getting stronger for sure.

I noticed pressure dropped another 3mb in the 9 p.m. advisory as well.

Lkr

I’m very annoyed that everything in Orlando closed early tbh. It’s really nice out and will be until mid tomorrow at least. No mcdonald’s Open RIP
Publix closed at 8 and until further notice. All the fast food places near me closed at 2. Gotta give employees time to prepare and get with their families

Power just flickered. Guess it's coming.

Also laughing cause one of my employees just texted me and asked if they should go to work tomorrow. OF COURSE NOT

Did you board up your windows?

Yup....

8qci8ij.jpg
Aww they look like bandaids!

Also hoping for you everything stays together ❤

That's for everyone, be safe, I don't wanna hear about any dead gaffers

sflufan

Banned
On WPLG Channel 10, the former director of the NHC is talking to the current acting director of the NHC.

This is what we need more of in the media: actual scientific experts speaking to each other.

robochimp

I think the three guys was Reed the tornado chaser and his group. They looked for him and didn't find him. The white van is with their group I think? Not sure.

But then possibly the same guy walked past the camera again?

Yeah the guy taking a nap just walked in front of the camera. Can't say they didn't try and help the guy.

Norns

I’m very annoyed that everything in Orlando closed early tbh. It’s really nice out and will be until mid tomorrow at least. No mcdonald’s Open RIP
You're mad people aren't at work when they should be getting ready for a huge fucking storm. Got it.

Gamerman1

How's Florida GAF?

Nervous but trying to keep chill. Trying to stay hopeful. Worried about parents at shelter 12 miles north of me. Got things ready the best that I could. First time home owner since June and have given a lot of time in getting it the way I want it.

Really happy I had giant tree cut down and stump ground down Monday.

cjdunn

TAMPA, September 6, 2017 – Following rigorous scientific wind testing on a full-scale, 1,400 square foot single-story home in its unique laboratory this summer, the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) has important new guidance for all homeowners preparing for major wind storms such as Hurricane Irma: close all interior doors,
Huh, good tip.

in addition to all windows and exterior doors.
Yeah, no shit.

UberTag

On WPLG Channel 10, the former director of the NHC is talking to the current acting director of the NHC.

This is what we need more of in the media: actual scientific experts speaking to each other.
You're not wrong. Republicans really hate that stuff, though.

Top Bottom