• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

rucury

Banned
Why did you spoiler the last part? Publix seems like a quality grocery store, and there are few if any better in Florida.

Untagged part is the contribution to the thread. Spoilers are the
woke
meta commentary.

I don't disagree that there are not many alternatives in Flordia. Their chicken is still sub-par for a deli. I've had better chicken at my local Wal-Mart.

Setmeni

I tried my first public sub yesterday. From hearing about it on gaf I decided to try one. I live pretty Far from one but the wife and I were headed near it and I was getting hungry.

Just got ham and cheese on wheat. Had it toasted.

Really really good. Far better than subway and it has way more meat on it. The meat tastes so damn good too.

Try the Boars Head Italian next time, its sooo good with Mayo and the Honey Mustard!

imrejcE.png

lybIFBa.png

https://twitter.com/krishansonRCF/status/906593836909993984
We will have to see but there models about a week ago showing the same projected patch for Jose.

____

I tried my first public sub yesterday. From hearing about it on gaf I decided to try one. I live pretty Far from one but the wife and I were headed near it and I was getting hungry.

Really really good. Far better than subway and it has way more meat on it. The meat tastes so damn good too.

My guy.

It's definitely leagues above Subway. It has to be the freshness and also the portions.

Skunkers

Hunkered down at my GF's parents house in St Pete. Boarded up and we have plenty of supplies/generator/etc. My friend is the Florida Statewide Communications Director and he's keeping us updated with wind tables and such from the EOC in Tallahassee. Not gonna be a good night tomorrow, but they're currently forecasting peak winds here of around 110mph for two hours or so around 11pm. Hopefully that doesn't change much.

EBreda

3 of the live cameras in the keys are already gone. From basik.co

Stormeye is still 90 miles off the coast and things were already getting pretty intense.

I was feeling some comfort from watching the feed, sucks I can't anymore and now it's just hoping for the best.

Already getting goddamn bugs in the house. Where are these fuckers coming from.

My friends place has a dirty pool with like a million frogs in it. I just keep imagining when the storm hits that his house is going to get blasted with froggos

Morts

My friends place has a dirty pool with like a million frogs in it. I just keep imagining when the storm hits that his house is going to get blasted with froggos

Sounds fucking adorable. Tell him I want pictures.

Anyone in the area around Trinity / New Port Richie?
(Around 30 miles northwest of Tampa).

My mother's down there, wondering how things are looking.
(Yes, I checked in with her as well. Just curious how others are seeing it down around there)

rucury

Banned

Damn... These weird "side effects" from a hurricane are really interesting to me. Like for example: floating fire ant colonies after flooding. Wonder what other sort of weird things animals do during a hurricane.

Spinluck

Damn... These weird "side effects" from a hurricane are really interesting to me. Like for example: floating fire ant colonies after flooding. Wonder what other sort of weird things animals do during a hurricane.

Birds have pretty much disappeared from here for most of the day.

the first Publix i ever went to was actually in Georgia. i didn't even know they were located anywhere else until i eventually moved to Florida

One of Florida's best exports. Shame the rest of the country wants us to import their crazies so they can call them "Floridaman" when they eat someone's face or stab someone with a squirrel or wander on the interstate at 50 in the fast lane.

Broseybrose

Publix subs are unquestionably the thing I miss most about FL. Ultimate sub for me. Roast beef, turkey, ham, and cheese. YUM.

EBreda

I see it's a cat 3 on CNN. Is that what they think it will land at?

From what I've been looking, at landfall it's predicted a cat4 cause it's moving really slow on warm waters. 7 mph at 90 miles distance from the keys.

On this rate it's gonna get 10 hours to touch the keys ... They're predicting 4 hours, so it's gonna pick up speed and move faster. Still it's a toss between 3 and 4. If it keeps moving West , though, we're looking at a possible/probable cat5 again.

rucury

Banned
Birds have pretty much disappeared from here for most of the day.

Where did they fly off to? Temporary migration? Or really secluded hiding places? Would they take their young? Leave their eggs to die?

These are the questions that keep a man up at night

Got lucky today on gas and on some old scrap wood and got all but bathroom window boarded up. Probably just gave my house a termite bandaid. Looking like its coming to close to stay home though. And I dont think any amount of plywood will save my house from a cat 4.

At this point, I'm sick of the waiting and the anxiety and just want to get this over with.

I told my Florida friends that I'd take a massive earthquake over a hurricane any day simply because earthquakes come out of no where and are over in a few minutes, versus the hurricanes that you have the tension for a week or more.

I'm a prisoner of coral gables hospital, no one in or out until it's done. So I'm good, not that it will be all that bad for us in Miami.

So now my parents in Tampa who thought we would have the worst are staying put in their new home. It's new and it's in Wesley chapel which is north and east so it should be ok still in general tampa will be a disaster come Monday.

I told my Florida friends that I'd take a massive earthquake over a hurricane any day simply because earthquakes come out of no where and are over in a few minutes, versus the hurricanes that you have the tension for a week or more.
I'm the opposite, but maybe that's because I've been in Florida my whole life.

Give me days to prepare instead of something that can happen out of no where.

Top Bottom