• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
If I ever visit Florida, I'm going to get a sub at Publix.

Stay safe, you guys.

Make sure to also try their hot & spicy wings... *drool*

Publix%2BFried%2BChicken%2B1.jpg

Ihyll

Kind of concerned that it hasn't made that Drastic turn northward...if it shifts any more to the west then I could very well see this thing strengthen back to a strong cat 5 as it will be spending more time over very warm waters

We've gotten a little drizzle and enough wind to make the empty road feel like I'm riding alongside a semi-truck on I-75, so it won't be long, now.

School's closed 'til Tuesday, Publix closed 'til Tuesday, I forgot to get junk food for when I'm lazing around and doing nothing. :(

I guess I could always exerc-pfffahaha

Won't be safe enough to go back out there again, but I got my neighbors some water and extra food, collected the extended family, and helped move some furniture and things inside for other neighbors.

It's looking like it will hit even weaker here than the best case scenarios were looking, and I planned for no weakening at all once it made landfall. Assuming it isn't that bad, I'll have to spread my area out further south. Won't be heading to Miami, but I will check around Lakeland/Davenport/Winter Haven area at that point. Too many trees, shacks, and mobile homes.

Broseybrose

Last year my family decided to gtfo Florida, after spending 25 years in Hallandale.

We're in the mountains in Missouri now, and it feels good man.

Obviously I wish you all the best. Floridians know how to stay safe. Its just nerve wracking, knowing its coming, watching the news, readjusting your predictions every hour... glad to be free of all that craziness.

UberTag

A really good tip that I didn't think about was to put all your valuables that you can't take with you in your dishwasher. It's waterproof so floodwaters shouldn't be able to get in.
When faced with an apocalyptic disaster, always make use of one's household appliances.

giphy.gif

Last year my family decided to gtfo Florida, after spending 25 years in Hallendale.

We're in the mountains in Missouri now, and it feels good man.

Obviously I wish you all the best. Floridians know how to stay safe. Its just nerve wracking, knowing its coming, watching the news, readjusting your predictions every hour... glad to be free of all that craziness.

Thankfully, a lot of people managed to escape to relative safety. The ones that actively refused are a different story, but for the rest, they should be alright. I'm more worried about the people who couldn't leave because they didn't have a vehicle, or have handicaps that render them unable to do so, and the ones that have left extremely late and may still be stuck on the roads.

I've charged a Vita, 3DS, and Switch ... and my gameroom is the only room in the house with hurricane windows lol So, it's my safe room, too.

Assuming your power is out for 3 days, what are you going to do with the remaining 2 days 14 hours? :)

It's the right decision. Do it.

I tried my first public sub yesterday. From hearing about it on gaf I decided to try one. I live pretty Far from one but the wife and I were headed near it and I was getting hungry.

Just got ham and cheese on wheat. Had it toasted.

Really really good. Far better than subway and it has way more meat on it. The meat tastes so damn good too.

Top Bottom