• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Gov. Declares State Of Emergency Over Hurricane Irma (Up: clean-up begins)

Anyone in the Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay area? I haven't heard from my parents in a hours and assume they just don't have power or cell service right now.

That news of a Tornado in Cocoa is disconcerting.

Good night is this storm massive. Here in Ohio is going to get rain from Irma overnight.

I'm in Titusville which is just North. We somehow still have power, but a couple friends I have in Rockledge lost theirs hours ago. Cell service has been super spotty.

t hicks

Banned
I took my dog out in Orlando but we had a lull with no rain for about 10 mins

yea i kinda overreacted a bit lol, took mine out when it calmed down bc he wanted to go and it was fine
shit was nuts over here when i heard that tho, i was like wow

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Just went out and looked around the house, neighbor has some pretty good sized branches down and some are in the street, but our house looks to be good so far

Was just outside in it (Orlando).

Crazy feeling that kind of wind, but so far none of this is really scary. Was soaked to the bone seconds after stepping out.

Still a couple hours from the worst of it I believe.

Power has flickered twice over the last 3 hours. Still holding steady.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Was just outside in it (Orlando).

Crazy feeling that kind of wind, but so far none of this is really scary. Was soaked to the bone seconds after stepping out.

Still a couple hours from the worst of it I believe.

2AM is the worst of it. :(

Shinypogs

The roof of my brother's house collapsed ( everyone is okay, evaced to shelters yesterday or otherwise not injured during the collapse ( still getting details about this bit ). I'm just thankful there were no casualties.

Chairhome

One of my thin boards that I used on my window blew off so I ran outside to get it. It was crazy outside! And this is not the worst of it. Good luck everyone!

(east Orlando)

Link

The Autumn Wind
My neighbor texted a little while ago to let me know my power is back. That's such good news for me.

pxleyes

Banned
INCOMING CENTRAL FLORIDA

Seminole County Twitter
"Irma’s path has shifted north. Conditions have intensified for Seminole County. Prepare for winds 60-80mph sustained, 100mph gusts 1am-6am."

My mother's roof just blew off in South Daytona.

I'm a nutcase, she's 9 miles south of me, and I can't do shit.

Was I stupid to tell her to come here immediately? Idk what to do. If the winds are blowing her roof off, it would be stupid to be on the road, what do I do?

Linari

Neo Member
For some celestial forsaken reason, we have power in our Tampa apartment complex.

Only couple power outages so far and it just came back.

Thankfully, no trees have fallen down, which was my worse worry.

pxleyes

Banned

Was I stupid to tell her to come here immediately? Idk what to do.
Yes she needs to stay put. Go in her car if she absolutely must and can't find a dry spot in her house.

The roof of my brother's house collapsed ( everyone is okay, evaced to shelters yesterday or otherwise not injured during the collapse ( still getting details about this bit ). I'm just thankful there were no casualties.

Was I stupid to tell her to come here immediately? Idk what to do.

What is with everyone's roofs failing? Now I'm getting paranoid. =(

WTF is this shit? Might as well say it can go everywhere and paint the whole map purple.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/175630.shtml?tswind120#contents

irmaahssi.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I just walked outside to take a selfie. Still got power. It's not too bad at all here (yet?)

You guys are mostly in the clear now, it won't intensify (from what I see). You weren't in the harshest quadrant, and the storm is just above you now.

A friend I know thought it would be a cool idea to drop acid during the hurricane.

Last message I got from him said it's like the end of the world and he was freaking out.

Briarios

If you own a house, get impact resistant windows when you can. I had a couple bad windows in the house when we bought it. I had enough money to replace 3 of them, including my gaming room -- the difference in the house in this wind and stormy weather is incredible. I'm definitely getting the other windows done.

A friend I know thought it would be a cool idea to drop acid during the hurricane.

Last message I got from him said it's like the end of the world and he was freaking out.

I'm enhancing myself with a small dose of shrooms currently.

Plenty of experience with em. not sure I'd want to trip off of a normal dose of acid though. Just looking for something mellow to enjoy on my porch while I still can.

In Miami. Power came back on for a few minutes over here and then this electrical thingamajig outside started making buzzing noises and lighting up the night sky like it was daytime. Power promptly went out again. What a cocktease. =(

daveo42

Banned
I'm in Titusville which is just North. We somehow still have power, but a couple friends I have in Rockledge lost theirs hours ago. Cell service has been super spotty.

Thanks. I'm sure they are fine, but being so far away and only watching what news is available kinda doesn't help the anxiety.

gaiages

Banned
Apparently there's already been a few localized power outages in Tallahassee, if the Democrat (newspaper) is to be believed. It's... well, not really all that windy out yet, nor is the rain bad at all.

Seems the city is more prepared this time than for Hermine though, most people seem to be getting their power back within the hour. Who knows what will happen once the storm actually hits.

Top Bottom