• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

studyguy

maxresdefault.jpg

Lmao dude came out to Vicente Fernández a couple times. Floyd knows what's up.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm just a little bit surprised that Conor basically produced no power. Even the few clean shots he landed early did nothing to Floyd. And later on Floyd was just walking through them. I didn't expect him to win but the fact that he had no power at all was surprising. Floyd figured out that dude had nothing pretty quick.

jetsetrez

Man, that was a great fight. I wasn't sure who I was rooting for, but in the end I guess I'm glad Mayweather won. He was an amazing fighter, and he went out classy and respectful, I'm surprised. Conor's arrogance and cockiness made Floyd look like the humble one for once, lol.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Solid fight, great effort from Conor.

Was obvious that Mayweather would take it for the past month but I sure started doubting it in the first few rounds.

It's a shame that such a disgusting piece of trash is 50-0 though.

DAZN stream was great with just a few quality drops.

And I got to just chill and watch it with my Dad. Neither of us follow this shit so it was just a fun little bonding time

:)

mackaveli

I'm just a little bit surprised that Conor basically produced no power. Even the few clean shots he landed early did nothing to Floyd. And later on Floyd was just walking through them. I didn't expect him to win but the fact that he had no power at all was surprising. Floyd figured out that dude had nothing pretty quick.

Yeah. McGregor landed some clean shots on Floyd and Floyd didn't even seem fazed by it.

Ignore the posters who don't understand KOs in boxing, they have no idea how done Conor was, no punches thrown in eh last minute of the fight.

Yep.

To be fair he did the same in the third round of Diaz 2, survived and came back to win the 4th round.

Nuu

Banned
As far as I'm considered Conor won. He managed to last 9 rounds in a sport he doesn't even play. I'm surprised things went past round 3.

Floyd fighting the way he did, yes. He toyed with him. He carried Conor to 10 rounds. Floyd was grinning and fucking around the entire fight.

There is a huge difference between toying with him and just playing his game. McGregor played right into Mayweathers game by exhausting himself until roughly the 4th round when Mayweather actually DID start to toy with him.

KevinRo

THE FUCKING GLOVES. CAN YOU STOP SAYING STUPID SHIT. KTHNX

McGregor didn't embarrass himself but it wasn't at all difficult for Floyd to do what he does. He was never in trouble, and never off his gameplan.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Two of the judges had Floyd winning 2 of the first 3 rounds? How? Floyd threw like 5 punches each of those rounds...

It's boxing. Let's not kid ourselves. Short of a knock out there was no way Conor was going to be given the victory.

I had him up through 6. From then on it was all Floyd.

People gonna look at "round 10" and say something stupid.

Floyd let it go that far, that was his gameplan. It's Mayweather, if he wanted to end it earlier he probably could of, it'd just be more risky. Tiring him out was a sound gameplan and it worked out.

Conor won the first three rounds, Floyd took it easy, figured him out and then won round 4-9 with the knockout in the 10th.

poodaddy

Gold Member
He wasn't doing well. He was getting played.
He was spending a lot of energy and doing no damage.

This. Mayweather was making a toy of his pasty Irish ass the whole match. The better man won, and the man that needed a good humbling got laid the fuck out appropriately. He was never up to Mayweathers level. Ill give credit where it's due though, McGregor put up more of a fight than I anticipated. Lasting ten rounds against the best boxer in the world is something to be very proud of.....

He can hold that heavy ass L though while he's on the mend. He earned it.

Top Bottom