• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

No matter how the fight went, Conor was never winning with the judges

And I have a problem with that. It should be judged fairly. I'd love to hear the explanation for how Floyd threw 5 and 6 punches in rounds one and two while McGregor actually landed some half decent shots and a judge only gave him one of the rounds.

There was never any doubt Mayweather would win, but man boxing is corrupt as hell. One of the reasons I don't watch it anymore.

Connor a real one good sht to him. He's taking home like 50mil+ so it's not a total loss

Mayweather 50-0 and another $100mill?

They both win in my book. The people that lost were the ones that bet on Connor I guess

I'm gonna be curious to hear the betting figures.

So how long til Connor's back in the Octagon? He's got enough money to never need to but something will tempt him back.

The funny thing is, Mayweather gave McGregor the first 3 rounds to make McGregor fans happy and then completely walked him down and outclassed him LOOOOOOL.

Nah, the gassing was predictable. MMA matches are 25 minutes, Boxing matches are 36 minutes.

You have to prepare your body for that, and there's no way if you've never been in a boxing match before yet alone fighting one of the all time greats who has never had stamina issues.

Hellraizah

It's not much, but it was still easy money.

HAK7zuL.jpg

TuXx

Alright casuals, I forgive you. This was entertaining, even though Floyd was gonna win regardless and McGregor still ain't shit.

Nuu

Banned
This stuff is sad. He lost but still won? He was gifted first three rounds. 40 year old man after 2 year layoff and got saved from ko.

What do you mean by "gifted first 3 rounds"? Even then so he still won other rounds which alone is surprising to me.

They both won since they making like $100 million+ while both keep their reputations intact.

The only people who lost are the ones who paid $100 and those who bet on Conor for some reason lol.

Why would anyone bet on Conor? Lol.

Dmented

Banned
People gonna look at "round 10" and say something stupid.

Floyd let it go that far, that was his gameplan. It's Mayweather, if he wanted to end it earlier he probably could of, it'd just be more risky. Tiring him out was a sound gameplan and it worked out.

Conor won the first three rounds, Floyd took it easy, figured him out and then won round 4-9 with the knockout in the 10th.

This. Why people even bring up the fact it went to the 10th, idk. Why people thought anything different would happen I also don't know. I didn't watch this because I knew it would end like this, let alone pay for it.

Will watch the real boxing match worth anything next month.

Nice one Conor. I think the clear takeaway is that 3 months is nowhere near enough time for a guy who struggles after 15 minutes. Did really well for the first 6-7 rounds.

Mayweather just an all time great. Earned the 50-0 in the way he has done throughout his career, intelligent boxing and gave the fans the fight worthy to end his career

Hopefully Conor does not continue the boxing experiment. He might be able to make a go of it but I think he'd need a solid year of training before he can

LJ11

Mayweather let him get those rounds. HIs corner said it plainly - wait until the 4th and turn on the juice. McGregor will be (and was) gassed by that point.

UFC's longest championship time is 25 minutes. McGregor got knocked out because he was just too tired to keep his hands up.

Anyone with any sense knew this would be the strategy, can't expect McGregor to last.

Wazzy

Banned
Disappointing Conor lost but that was an incredibly fun fight. Problem is as usual Conor gassed in later rounds and I had a bad feeling that if this went past 5 he would be too weak with his punches.

Top Bottom