• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

Floyd timed this shit out and Conor knew it but went along for the ride because why not

Less a work and more of a 'you know how this is gonna go, but it's worth the check'

Barrett2

In terms of justifying the payday, seems like just going 10 rounds is basically a success for Conor?f Hell of a (purported) payday for both of them.

Jerm411

Cannot believe McGregor gassed....I thought he'd have the stamina and that'd be the thing he'd have for sure but not the skill....

The funny thing is, Mayweather gave McGregor the first 3 rounds to make McGregor fans happy and then completely walked him down and outclassed him LOOOOOOL.

Man, when was the last time Floyd looked like he was in a fight? Feel like it's been awhile.

Connor a real one good sht to him. He's taking home like 50mil+ so it's not a total loss

Mayweather 50-0 and another $100mill?

They both win in my book. The people that lost were the ones that bet on Connor I guess

when it comes to dollars and cents (and sense), nobody in that ring lost tonight.

trixx

Connor a real one good sht to him. He's taking home like 50mil+ so it's not a total loss

They both win in my book. The people that lost were the ones that bet on Connor I guess

Drey1082

Unlike mayweather - pac, that was actually entertaining. Mcgregor gave a good fight at the beginning and Floyd looked slower than I've see him which I guess isn't that surprising.

It all came down to stamina. Conor came out swinging trying to get that knockout and win those early rounds but the fatigue got him.

I won some easy money so I'm happy. Have to say I was concerned after the first three rounds.

F34R

Pretty impressed with CMg, but I knew this was going the way it did. Gotta show some respect for him for sure.

Good stoppage. Didn't need to let him take any more shots like that.

INSOID FUEERRRR ROUNDS!

image.php

Literally went the way I think anyone would have predicted, this wasn't a fight, it was an exhibition.

Mayweather let McGregor win the first few rounds just to feel him out and then let him tire himself out. Mayweather didn't even really need to go on the attack for most of it. It was a boring fight because it was a boring set up - a professional vs an amateur is never going to be exciting. All the excitement was the build up and both guys running their mouths.

Yopis

As far as I'm considered Conor won. He managed to last 9 rounds in a sport he doesn't even play. I'm surprised things went past round 3.

This stuff is sad. He lost but still won? He was gifted first three rounds. 40 year old man after 2 year layoff and got saved from ko.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AMC just started Rocky V now. Sad thing is I'll probably enjoy watching that more than this fight. Think about that for a moment, Rocky V.

Ithil

This. Mayweather was making a toy of his pasty Irish ass the whole match. The better man won, and the man that needed a good humbling got laid the fuck out appropriately. He was never up to Mayweathers level. Ill give credit where it's due though, McGregor put up more of a fight than I anticipated. Lasting ten rounds against the best boxer in the world is something to be very proud of.....

He can hold that heavy ass L though while he's on the mend. He earned it.

Is this aggression necessary?

Kusagari

Nekketsu Kõha;247082118 said:
Or casuals and MMA fans still don't even know how boxing works and have bad eye sight.

Casual fans just see a dude throwing a lot of punches and think he's dominating.

Same shit happened with the Pac fight.

hamchan

As far as I'm considered Conor won. He managed to last 9 rounds in a sport he doesn't even play. I'm surprised things went past round 3.

They both won since they making like $100 million+ while both keep their reputations intact.

The only people who lost are the ones who paid $100 and those who bet on Conor for some reason lol.

More like $300 million for Floyd and $100 million for Conor. Give or take, depending upon PPV buys and what not.

Tubie

This was a far better fight than Floyd-Manny or Floyd-Canelo.

And I never imagined I would say that before tonight.

Top Bottom