• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

21scCdn.gif

Nekketsu Kõha;247061124 said:
You couldn't be more wrong. This is the peak and has been for the last decade. The techniques and athleticism is greater than anything in the past and his achievements greater than those of any boxer who lives or has ever fought.
Good one.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone watching this through Sky Box Office on iOS? Can't get logged in at all with my account. Don't really fancy watching it downstairs on the TV that early in the morning.

You guys have to remember, this kind of thing is not unprecedented in sports.

In 2016, fighting game legend Daigo Umehara was challenged by hip hop legend and visionary artist Lupe Fiasco to a match of Street Fighter 5.

People called it a freakshow, people called it a circus. No one gave Lupe a shot. They said, "how can someone whos never played a fighting game competitively beat one of the best of all time?"

And against all odds, with everyone against him, Lupe used his unorthodoxy and unpredictability to lay a black eye upon the fighting game community. Daigo didn't know what hit him.

Lupe changed the game, then he retired.

Goes to show that anything is possible in the world of sports. If Lupe could, why cant Conor?

6ZsqKhP.gif

This post. 10/10 👏

Heading to a friend's house to watch the fights. Still so early though fam!

PR_rambo

Banned
The masses don't know shit about boxing. I'm sure most of you would say Mayweather was boring against Canelo, when he actually put on a masterclass exhibition of boxing skill.

Inoki vs Ali 2: Electric Boogaloo

Naw, that was a real clown show that went back and forth several times from being a rigged pro wrestling match to a real mixed rules fight, only to gave Ali's camp at the last minute say Inoki couldn't grapple Ali, couldn't take him down and could only punch if he wore gloves. Which us what led to Inoki crab walking and kicking Ali's shins.

Dekmental

Banned
Nekketsu Kõha;247061124 said:
You couldn't be more wrong. This is the peak and has been for the last decade. The techniques and athleticism is greater than anything in the past and his achievements greater than those of any boxer who lives or has ever fought.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Belker

Bought the fight, then realised there's no Sky box office app on my 55" 4K tv, the tv's browser won't play it and neither will my Xbox or PS4, nor is there an app on my Roku.

So now I've got a laptop hooked up to a 42" 1080 and am having to use Bluetooth earbuds for decent audio - and the stream is only 720p.

JettDash

Bought the fight, then realised there's no Sky box office app on my 55" 4K tv, the tv's browser won't play it and neither will my Xbox or PS4, nor is there an app on my Roku.

So now I've got a laptop hooked up to a 42" 1080 and am having to use Bluetooth earbuds for decent audio - and the stream is only 720p.

Why can't you hook the laptop up to the 55" 4k TV?

The masses don't know shit about boxing. I'm sure most of you would say Mayweather was boring against Canelo, when he actually put on a masterclass exhibition of boxing skill.
Well is it any surprise? When people think "boxing match" they think of the rocky movies 😆

UncleMeat

You guys have to remember, this kind of thing is not unprecedented in sports.

In 2016, fighting game legend Daigo Umehara was challenged by hip hop legend and visionary artist Lupe Fiasco to a match of Street Fighter 5.

People called it a freakshow, people called it a circus. No one gave Lupe a shot. They said, "how can someone whos never played a fighting game competitively beat one of the best of all time?"

And against all odds, with everyone against him, Lupe used his unorthodoxy and unpredictability to lay a black eye upon the fighting game community. Daigo didn't know what hit him.

Lupe changed the game, then he retired.

Goes to show that anything is possible in the world of sports. If Lupe could, why cant Conor?

6ZsqKhP.gif

I believe.

I'm just hoping for a good fight and bookie chaos.

PureYeti

Is there a reliable website that shows the boxing fightcard? I have it easier to look ufc if I want to see the lineup and results. Boxing matches are rough for me on google searches

GrazGamer

Anyone watching this through Sky Box Office on iOS? Can't get logged in at all with my account. Don't really fancy watching it downstairs on the TV that early in the morning.

Yep, I am airplaying to my Apple TV, no issues here. Had money refunded in the past due to the shitty stream but it's fine today. Maybe Sky got their shit together.

JettDash

I wanna watch the fight because I have money on it. But I don't want to go to a bar (too many people plus having to drive home). Also don't want to pay $100 to order the PPV. Fuck.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yep, I am airplaying to my Apple TV, no issues here. Had money refunded in the past due to the shitty stream but it's fine today. Maybe Sky got their shit together.

I take it you just used your normal Sky login? Tried on a few devices and its the same thing. just says unable to verify user.

JettDash

All the cables are tucked around the back and hard to get to. I do appreciate you asking though, since one can overlook obvious solutions sometimes - especially at 0135am

I have no idea if your TV has this but my LG TV has a screen share mode where you can connect the laptop to the TV wirelessly.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
One of the biggest fights in history, fam. Even if it is a circus.

This is where I'm at. I don't buy the hype. I didn't care about any of the build up. I don't think McGregor has a snowball's chance in hell. But I'm still watching because having 2 fighters of this caliber being alive and in their prime at the same moment in time is a rare occurrence and like it or not this is going to be a dumb, pop culture moment, regardless of the outcome.

Wedge7

Bet 3.5k on Floyd to win 930 on Bodog

Dont know anything about boxing or MMA but all my friends are coming over so it should be fun

Was going to bet last night when it was -450, and this morning it went to -375, good enough for me

CrocoDuck

Man, I ain't paying a hundred bucks for this, so I might head to a bar right now. Anyone know a decent bar in Brooklyn that's not in a gentrified area? (Mainly southern Brooklyn)

Bet 3.5k on Floyd to win 930 on Bodog

Dont know anything about boxing or MMA but all my friends are coming over so it should be fun

Was going to bet last night when it was -450, and this morning it went to -375, good enough for me
I hope the carny gods are kind to you.

Mik317

either way there is going to be lots of butthurt afterwards.

so many people are super confident right now....anything can happen.

Top Bottom