• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

Alucard

Banned
While I'm not a huge fan of circus fights, this one admittedly has me curious. :-/ Just to see how played everyone feels after watching the shitshow.

McGregor should keep Floyd in the corners and on the ropes as much as possible using his size and cutting off his escapes and punish his body as hard and as quick as possible. Floyd thrives on being able to move around and stay out of situations he can't control. Trying to stop Floyd's movement and containing him should be Conor's priority. Standing toe to toe in the center of the ring fighting Floyd's fight at Floyd's rhythm means it's over before it's started.

Conor isn't going to out box or out move Floyd so he needs to level the playing field. He should be trying to chop Floyd down from the mid section instead of head hunting right off the bat. Hurt his guts over and over so bad that he starts to slow down and get sore then start trying to clean his clock.
That's pretty much every boxer's intention going into the ring against Floyd.. Until they realize the one thing.. That It's goddamn harder than it seems with his counters not being a joy to be hit with coupled with his elusivness and smart ring. Conor simply can't win this. The payout is the only win he'll be getting tonight.

McGregor should keep Floyd in the corners and on the ropes as much as possible using his size and cutting off his escapes and punish his body as hard and as quick as possible. Floyd thrives on being able to move around and stay out of situations he can't control. Trying to stop Floyd's movement and containing him should be Conor's priority. Standing toe to toe in the center of the ring fighting Floyd's fight at Floyd's rhythm means it's over before it's started.

Conor isn't going to out box or out move Floyd so he needs to level the playing field. He should be trying to chop Floyd down from the mid section instead of head hunting right off the bat. Hurt his guts over and over so bad that he starts to slow down and get sore then start trying to clean his clock.

That is not how Conor fights at all, "toe to toe in the center of the ring". I'm wondering if some of you have ever even seen him fight?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Jesus guys, Diaz touched him up with his basic boxing.

I don't know that Conor could beat Nate in a 12 round boxing match. Conor won't have anything for Mayweather.

What are you on about? I was talking about his qualities not talking about his chances. Calm your tits. A guy who had his boxing licence for 10 months isn't supposed to beat the greatest defensive boxer of all time.

carlsojo

Debating if I should just go over to bdubs after dinner or some other sports bar by myself to watch. Nothing else to do tonight

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
That's pretty much every boxer's intention going into the ring against Floyd.. Until they realize the one thing.. That It's goddamn harder than it seems with his counters not being a joy to be hit with coupled with his elusivness and smart ring. Conor simply can't win this. The payout is the only win he'll be getting tonight.

Actually this is the strategy I've basically set upon for any of the more physical fighters Mayweather has taken on and you are quite correct that they couldn't pull it off either. That said I think its still Conor's best chance instead of all the "unorthodox" nonsense we keep hearing about.

That is not how Conor fights at all, "toe to toe in the center of the ring". I'm wondering if some of you have ever even seen him fight?
Floyd wins so damn much and so damn soundly because no one has been able to push him into a desperate situation or dangerous spot and been able to keep him there to capitalize on it. If Conor can't do what the elite boxers couldn't achieve then he's going to be fighting Mayweather's fight which is one in the middle of the ring off the ropes and out of the corner where he can't be nearly as evasive and pick and choose his moments to strike as openly or safely as he likes.

Nodnol

Not staying up for this circus fight, but it's been a fun ride, and spawned one hell of a catchy song.

I'd love to wake up to a CM victory, but unless he lands a lucky punch, I can't see him touching one of the best defensive boxers in history.

Have fun boys and girls!

I will trade you some real money for that fake digital money...
Will give you cocaine if I win.
720p with extrapolation.

Unrelated... I'm in the UK, and it's just gone midnight. Quick nap before the fight, or get tanked up and eat all the snax?
Okay, so if Conors dong was a video game console which one would it be? 720p can't hang with the men on GAF. Disappointing.

That you can exchange for real money?
You get cocaine too.

Not staying up for this circus fight, but it's been a fun ride, and spawned one hell of a catchy song.

I'd love to wake up to a CM victory, but unless he lands a lucky punch, I can't see him touching one of the best defensive boxers in history.

Have fun boys and girls!

CAM Punk is fighting tonight?!

JettDash

It is Floyd's interest that people hate him. That means more people buy the fight in delusional hopes of seeing him lose.

Forward

They said one of the biggest dicks on the planet...

...which yeah, 8" aint.

(and no, I didn't expect the thread to head that way either)

He also said visually unimpressive.

And yeah... I find the fact of Connor's BEING a dick hilarious. What's in his pants, he can keep to himself - unless we are speaking in metaphors. Because the balls on the man, are, as I have noted, hilarious. See: boxing Mayweather.

8" is smaller than the GAF average.

o_O

I am sure this is a long running meme... no pun intended?

What are you on about? I was talking about his qualities not talking about his chances. Calm your tits. A guy who had his boxing licence for 10 months isn't supposed to beat the greatest defensive boxer of all time.

Take a chill pill, killer. These vague, mostly illusory qualities ascribed to Conor have about as much impact on the fight as does the quality of pancakes McGregor is capable of making for breakfast.

G-Bus

Banned
Can anyone tell me what time the main fight is on at? Don't care for undercard.

Can't seem to find anything reliable online.

Sanjuro

Are there people who actually think Connor has a chance?

He is going to win.
lfKIddM.jpg

It is Floyd's interest that people hate him. That means more people buy the fight in delusional hopes of seeing him lose.

I and my friends watch for the greatest boxer of all time showing off his skills while enjoying all the haters getting even more upset as he keeps on winning.

Top Bottom