• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

H1PSTER

As for knowing he stands no chance- I think he honestly believes he's going to knock Floyd out in 4 rounds like he says. It will be interesting to see how the humiliation affects him as a fighter going forward because, make no mistake, he's about to get humiliated in that ring.

He won't care and will bounce back from it like he has done in past defeats.

He won't care and will bounce back from it like he has done in past defeats.

Probably true. Though the loss to Nate was really his only high profile loss, and he hardly got humiliated in that fight. He spent the first seven minutes of that fight straight starching Nate.

This is going to be a whole different deal. It's going to be very obvious that he's completely out of his depth the moment the opening bell sounds. You're still probably right, though- Conor's confident to the point of mental illness. He likely won't miss a beat.

KingV

It's absolutely a case of Conor chasing a huge payday. It's what he's been doing for the last several years in the UFC as well. He makes no secret of it.

As for knowing he stands no chance- I think he honestly believes he's going to knock Floyd out in 4 rounds like he says. It will be interesting to see how the humiliation affects him as a fighter going forward because, make no mistake, he's about to get humiliated in that ring.

Honestly, there's no shame in him losing a fight that is so heavily weighted against him. He'll probably just say something about how Mayweather is a great boxer and challenge him to a rematch in the Octagon if he wants to see who is a better "fighter" and cry into his money.

Realistically, if he manages to look even half decent for one or two rounds against Floyd, it's a pretty major accomplishment for someone who's not a professional boxer.

smurfx

get some go again
bunch of guys at work are hyped for this fight. i gotta give it to mayweather he always manages to make his opponent seem credible. can't wait to go to work monday and hear my co workers bitch about how boring the one sided decision for mayweather was.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So what's up with what I'm hearing that way more people are betting for McGregor to win? Anyone have an updated sports books on odds? I see some places citing McGregor has having the better odds.

I'm thinking about betting for Mayweather, I don't like him but I don't see how he's going to lose.

danthefan

So what's up with what I'm hearing that way more people are betting for McGregor to win? Anyone have an updated sports books on odds? I see some places citing McGregor has having the better odds.

I'm thinking about betting for Mayweather, I don't like him but I don't see how he's going to lose.

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/floyd-mayweather-jr-v-conor-mcgregor/winner

McGregor is longer odds everywhere. He's terrible value though imo, free money on Mayweather.

A few of the specials William Hill are offering.

McGregor to land under 25 punches & Mayweather to win every round on all official scorecard whenever the fight ends

Conor McGregor To Land Under 20 Punches & Conor McGregor's Corner to throw in the towel

Conor McGregor To Win In Round 3, Floyd Mayweather Jr To Be Knocked Down In Round 1

Anth0ny

Apparently so many people were betting on McGregor after the press tour that they had to dramatically alter the odds because if McGregor somehow pulls out the miracle Vegas would go broke.

people are convinced that McGregor has a chance. this is going to be so huge.

danthefan

There's currently €26 million in matched bets on the Betfair exchange and we're three days out. Most bets will probably come the day of. Fucking insane the amount of money being wagered.

Syder

Brendan Schaub dying on that Conor hype hill
KuGsj.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Honestly, there's no shame in him losing a fight that is so heavily weighted against him. He'll probably just say something about how Mayweather is a great boxer and challenge him to a rematch in the Octagon if he wants to see who is a better "fighter" and cry into his money.

Realistically, if he manages to look even half decent for one or two rounds against Floyd, it's a pretty major accomplishment for someone who's not a professional boxer.

I'm sure he'll rest easy on big huge pile of money

Vixdean

If McGregor just says fuck it and kicks Floyd in the face, does he stil get paid? Cuz that's the only way he's knocking him out.

KingV

I wonder if this is why that one bookie paid out early. They saw the odds starting to swing and wanted to get out with a lower payday on what they figure is a sure thing.

Top Bottom