• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Nou Qatar Airways Camp

Abu Dhabi Bernabeau

Allianz Arena

The Etihad

The Emirates

Old Trafford (Integrity and Soul intact) United prevails
TGNz0rC.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That's great news that Chamberlain and Sanchez are out, the only quick player will be Walcott. Although Rose has shat himself against him in the past so it will still be tough.

Hertha sacked Luhukay. Just last night I was thinking that he would be the next coach to be fired

I should bet. damn

: lol

I'd say you couldn't even win shit with that bet after the interview with Preetz after yesterday's match. It was basically "I'm not confirming he's fired right now. But tomorrow, I'll talk to him and fire him."

Meier

what are they paying for then?

this is like the ultimate scam

City have followed the same model (Ferrano Soriano at City really was a trendsetter of sorts when he was back at Barcelona -- he caused an explosion in revenue from sponsorship deals). If you get someone to be your official tire partner in Indonesia and Malaysia or the official life insurance partner in Thailand and the Cambodia for a million pounds or two a year, awesome? They use your players in some print deals and on their website and everyone's happy.

tri_willy

lol at barca and madrid selling their souls...

next thing we know, the whole spanish league transforms into la abu dhabu qatar emirates etihad liga

Pennywise

lol at barca and madrid selling their souls...

next thing we know, the whole spanish league transforms into la abu dhabu qatar emirates etihad liga

Pls.
Just look at the fucking premier league.
Everyone would sell their kids for a better player.

It's just common that the stadium name is sold, and it's a better idea than just making stupid friendlies in the Arctic or somewhere else.

Pls.
Just look at the fucking premier league.
Everyone would sell their kids for a better player.

It's just common that the stadium name is sold, and it's a better idea than just making stupid friendlies in the Arctic or somewhere else.

Man City have 10.1m fans in the Arctic, actually.

Meier

Are MGS games really that good?

Where do I start?

This is a joke, right? I swear you've talked up MGS games plenty in the past. MGS3 is the best one but the others are all worth a go. I actually didn't finish MGS4 although I still could I suppose. Got a PS3 and it lying around still. Guess I should watch the ending on Youtube at a minimum some day.. I've remained unspoiled after all these years.

Esch

Banned
David Moyes has admitted he banned chips during his reign as Manchester United manager as some of the players were overweight.

The Scot, now in charge of Real Sociedad, was sacked last April after just 10 turbulent months in charge. Moyes was criticised by former player Rio Ferdinand in the defender’s autobiography for ending the long-standing pre-match ritual of low-fat chips on the evening before games while some of his training methods were also questioned by players.

“Yes, I did ban chips,” Moyes said in an interview with FourFourTwo magazine. “It was because a couple of players were overweight and I didn’t think chips were good for their diet.”

“The average Premier League training ground is superb, as is the team transport,” he said. “There are things to be learned from Spain, too, such as the way the players look after themselves and their diet. There’s much more salad and fresh fish here, which can only be good.

“San Sebastian is a beautiful city with three lovely beaches in curved bays overlooking the Atlantic. There are great places to walk and eat. The standard of living is high and there are more Michelin-starred restaurants per square metre than any city on earth. You can also eat superbly for only a few euros by having pintxos [Basque tapas] in the old town.”

But there are some things Moyes does miss. “It’s not easy to get a good cup of tea over here,” he added. “My assistant, Billy McKinlay, has brought a kettle over so we can have a cup of tea after training. I’m not sure all my players know what it is, as most Spanish households don’t have kettles. Billy and I talk about Walkers shortbread and I was sent some Irn-Bru, which I appreciated.”

13fstn.gif

Start with the first one.

Preferably, The Twin Snakes version.

wat

no

pls

PSOne version far superior in voice acting, overall translation and also not stupid over the top action scenes.

Getting a different translator was by far Hideo Kojima's stupidest move that still ripples until now. Can't believe he wants direct translation of his dialogue from Japanese to English than what is obviously better, an interpretation instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom