• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Start with the first one.

Preferably, The Twin Snakes version.

This is a joke, right? I swear you've talked up MGS games plenty in the past. MGS3 is the best one but the others are all worth a go. I actually didn't finish MGS4 although I still could I suppose. Got a PS3 and it lying around still. Guess I should watch the ending on Youtube at a minimum some day.. I've remained unspoiled after all these years.

Play the first one. Skip the rest.

Just when you think they couldn't top The End.

Yes they are. Play them in order.

MGS1 on PS1 > MGS2 HD > MGS3 HD > MGS4 > MGS:pW > GZ.

Portable Ops is also good but I don't think it's considered canon. Would of loved a remaster of that game.

I think subtles is the only one who got it :lol

It was in reference to Elchele's post - where do I start telling him how good they are.

Godan

Start with the first one.

Preferably, The Twin Snakes version.

I wouldn't even touch that one to be fair. Kojima didn't direct it or anything. I would just start with the original MGS or if you really wanted you could go back and play Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

King_Moc

Banned
15 Lovrens ¬¬

Can see most of that going towards the expansion, think FSG will be very reluctant to sanction £15m+ for risky purchases now.

Stadium expansion is around 150m I think. Money towards that doesn't affect ffp, so I'm not sure they'd want to use the shirt deal money on it directly. Also, I'd have assumed it was mostly already accounted for.

Esch

Banned
j0sxkYlLxYjm4.jpg

hahahaha

Stadium expansion is around 150m I think. Money towards that doesn't affect ffp, so I'm not sure they'd want to use the shirt deal money on it directly. Also, I'd have assumed it was mostly already accounted for.

Hmm, good point with FFP. Not that it changes too much in terms of how much FSG will trust the committee going forward, its all money that starts in their coffers and ends up elsewhere.

If they can afford to take the hit for the expansion themselves though, it would obviously be much preferable as a Liverpool fan for it to happen. And it'd reassure us a bit that they're in it for the long haul.

In any case, we relatively rich, bitch.

King_Moc

Banned
Hmm, good point with FFP. Not that it changes too much in terms of how much FSG will trust the committee going forward, its all money that starts in their coffers and ends up elsewhere.

If they can afford to take the hit for the expansion themselves though, it would obviously be much preferable as a Liverpool fan for it to happen. And it'd reassure us a bit that they're in it for the long haul.

In any case, we relatively rich, bitch.

Taking the hit on the stadium is a relatively safe long term investment. Increased attendances and the the fact that they'll sell it one day mean it should be sound business. I think.

It'll make the game worse, but glad Sanchez is out of the derby.

Seems that nobody made an official bid for Berahino in January. Wonder if ourselves and Spurs saw something we didn't like.

Meier

Jovetic is gone.

Congrats Juve.

I thought we'd drop Sagna since Clichy can cover at RB in an absolute pinch (played well there when Zaba was hurt last season). Jovetic's age means he has a higher sell-on value than Dzeko at this point I suppose so it makes sense to prepare for him to be sold this summer.

BeIN Sports said to have joined BT, SKY and Discovery by making a bid for live UK Premier League rights.

Could Sky end up with no Premier League games? lol

jts

...hate me...
Balotelli will come good.

ImprobableMadGannet.gif

I thought I saw you in the Battleship, but it was only a look alike.

it'll make the game worse, but im glad Balotelli and Lovren will be involved in the Derby.

Not even joking, I'll be dismayed if either of them plays a single minute. A match of such importance, unpredictability and intensity is not the time to try and salvage their Liverpool careers.

That goes for every match between now and the apocalypse, actually.

Walshy

BeIN Sports said to have joined BT, SKY and Discovery by making a bid for live UK Premier League rights.

Could Sky end up with no Premier League games? lol
There is seven packages up for sale, I don't think more than one organisation can hold onto move that five packages though.

Sky can't afford to lose the PL, considering they've now lost the Champions League to BT as well.

Discovery own EuroSport. Would be strange watching league games on there.

Salvadora

Not even joking, I'll be dismayed if either of them plays a single minute. A match of such importance, unpredictability and intensity is not the time to try and salvage their Liverpool careers.

Surely FSG must be fuming about that being the case as they sanctioned £36m being paid for the pair.

I'd imagine they'd want someone's head.

When the CL goes to BT, everyone will regret moaning about Sky

@Salva, I imagine they've accepted it. They are obviously severely pissed off about it, but they must know that its not worth hamstringing our current form to try and bring them back in. They're not Ozils who could be propped up by the rest of the team last season as you waited for him to adapt. They're terrible and prevent us from winning games or playing satisfactorily.

When the CL goes to BT, everyone will regret moaning about Sky

@Salva, I imagine they've accepted it. They are obviously severely pissed off about it, but they must know that its not worth hamstringing our current form to try and bring them back in.

Not sure people really moan about Sky's coverage that much though?

Yen

Surely FSG must be fuming about that being the case as they sanctioned £36m being paid for the pair.

I'd imagine they'd want someone's head.

IIRC they sacked a few scouts recently (including the ones who arrived from City?). They have to be mad to get rid of Rodgers, don't think it'll be his head.

Salvadora

@Salva, I imagine they've accepted it. They are obviously severely pissed off about it, but they must know that its not worth hamstringing our current form to try and bring them back in. They're not Ozils who could be propped up by the rest of the team last season as you waited for him to adapt. They're terrible and prevent us from winning games or playing satisfactorily.
But that wasn't the case at all with Ozil.

He made a blistering start and tapered off as the season went on but still played a pretty large part in our cup success and top 4 finish.

The Liverpool gruesome twosome don't compare in the slightest tbh.

Lightning

Banned
It'll make the game worse, but glad Sanchez is out of the derby.

Seems that nobody made an official bid for Berahino in January. Wonder if ourselves and Spurs saw something we didn't like.
Hahaha won't make a difference. Spurs are not beating us either way. We have ample players in that role. Theo and Ozil will be perfect for counter attacking Spurs in that game.

wedward

As long as Sanchez is back for CL im ok.

Wenger said he should be back next week.

Giroud, Theo, Ozil, Santi and Ramsey should be enough to beat Spurs.

Hahaha won't make a difference. Spurs are not beating us either way. We have ample players in that role. Theo and Ozil will be perfect for counter attacking Spurs in that game.

Haven't you learned not to make posts like this yet? :p

@Salva, obviously our two are worse than Ozil ever was, but I don't think Ozil made anything like the positive contribution you're implying last season. You finished in the top 4 despite him imo, and the (might as well be) fact of the matter for us is that if either Balotelli or Lovren gets significant gametime, we won't be finishing above 7th. Ozil was good enough to not cost Arsenal even at his worst, Balotelli and Lovren are ruinous

Salvadora

I'm not concerned about missing Alexis for this type of game.

Lots of players in great form at the moment, and it's Spurs, so the motivation will be high.

scabro

:lol

maybe having Sturridge back will take some of the pressure off of Ballotelli's shoulders and he can contribute in some sort of appreciable manner.

Lightning

Banned
As long as Sanchez is back for CL im ok.

Wenger said he should be back next week.

Giroud, Theo, Ozil, Santi and Ramsey should be enough to beat Spurs.
Pretty much this. Give Alexis his break in these easier fixtures, obviously Spurs will be tough, and have him hopefully healthy to help us finish the season strongly.

Haven't you learned not to make posts like this yet? :p
Why would I stop? If I'm wrong I'm wrong but it's what I think. Sanchez being out gives Walcott more game time since he would have been benched if Sanchez played. What a luxury eh? Lose a Sanchez but can play Theo? Having such depth makes injuries less annoying.

scabro

were never getting sanchez/theo/ozil on the pitch in form at the same time lol

were cursed

im glad hes getting some rest though, i can't get the Wenger red zone quote out of my head whenever he goes 90 minutes and plays harder than everyone else

There is seven packages up for sale, I don't think more than one organisation can hold onto move that five packages though.

Sky can't afford to lose the PL, considering they've now lost the Champions League to BT as well.

Discovery own EuroSport. Would be strange watching league games on there.

Didn't Sky say that barely anyone actually watched Champions League compared to their Premier League stuff though? And BT spent a lot of money for something that wouldnt generate big returns?

Sky won't lose PL packages they will just pay more for it.

wedward

Reddit said:
So a family member of mine works for the club (I would rather not answer questions on who he is as I like the anonymity and his position isn't that interesting) - anyway, just had lunch with him and he told me that Alexis has a small tightness / niggle, very minor but has been told to rest his leg. Alexis was found (caught) by staff halfway up a climbing wall with a body pack of weights attached. When told to get down he continued stating that he had to get to the top. Afterwards he told the medical staff that while at Barce he was told he would be out for 12 weeks, he came back in 2. His current "injury" is nothing. Apparently he just can't stop working out / training.

Probably fake but still funny

KidJr

I love Lightnings enthusiasm, Tottenham game is going to be another good luck at how much progress we've made. One off results dont make champions its consistency and both are in equally good form, I think we're capable of beating them however turning up on the day is a different story.

Meier

Thanks! It was always just a matter of time.

Coincidentally, Dzeko said he'd like to go to a club like Juve or Atletico if he were sold. Apparently turned down Gala when Mancini was coach but Fener did not formally make an approach in the deadline day lead up as rumored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom