• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Kaka doesn't surprise me. I didn't see Giovinco as such an internationally recognizable name.

Are some MLS clubs attempting to transition towards purchasing younger European players, rather than just carting off Europe's formerly world class footballers? The Giovinco transfer was such a surprise to me. Do you expect more of these sorts of deals in the near future - of players of a similar age and calibre departing for larger salaries in North America?

It's really up to the player it seems and when he wants to give up the possibility of playing in the Champions League (well, there's one here in North America but it's obviously not the same). Giovinco definitely isn't a huge name to Joe Soccer Fan in America, but people here understand he's still fairly young having just turned 28 and Juventus is a huge club so they can see the magnitude of it. Hatem Ben Arfa is supposedly in talks with NYCFC since he can't play in Europe due to the 2 clubs already this season.. MLS is entering a new season so he'd be eligible to play.

In general though, outside of USMNT players, it seems like the new plan is to primarily sign younger players from South America though since they're cheaper and in theory could be sold at a profit some years down the line. The single entity aspect of MLS is so weird. Iker Casillas said he wants to play in MLS and quite a few other aging stars have said they'd like to so I am sure they will continue to pursue superstars who are interested regardless of whether they're in their 20s or 30s as long as they seem like they can still play effectively. I don't think they'll throw a lot of money at a guy if he's clearly past it. A guy like Rio Ferdinand for instance wouldn't get a huge deal just because he's Rio Ferdinand.

Wilbur

Banned
Do you need a team of level 70's?
This is the first elite four I have faced since...Kanto

From what I remember they're between 65-68 overall. You can fight the Elite Four in any order you want

And I think its Steel, Dragon, Water and... I wanna say Ghost. I might be wrong.

If you have Pokemon that match them up and they're around level 65, you'll be fine.

edit: oh its fire not ghost, but they do have a chandelure

Champion is pretty varied but ground will do plenty of fucking up

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Do you need a team of level 70's?
This is the first elite four I have faced since...Kanto

Pretty sure they're like 40-50. Really the only Pokemon that gave me trouble was the Champions'

Wilbur

Banned
:lol

I'm loving the NFL uptake in here.

Zabo and Hixx will have to be m8s now.

I'm enjoying the game but kin ell defending is hard. No idea what I'm doing :lol

I get sacked so quickly as well ;_;

Played like one game as Falcons. Every other one has been the Ravens. Purple won me over. Based Baltimore.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Brah they're higher than that. I remember that fucking 65 Aegislash being a bitch.

I just destroyed everyone with my extremely OP team. I was actually surprised when Mega Gardevoir started destroying my team.

I'm enjoying the game but kin ell defending is hard. No idea what I'm doing :lol

I get sacked so quickly as well ;_;

Played like one game as Falcons. Every other one has been the Ravens. Purple won me over. Based Baltimore.
Never actually played Madden.

GQ is a Ravens fan I think. You two can console each other when Flacco goes full Flukeo in the play offs next year.

Esch

Banned
Wilbur learning the difference between zone and man coverage. Gonna start talking about the I formation next week.

What a time to be alive.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur learning the difference between zone and man coverage. Gonna start talking about the I formation next week.

What a time to be alive.

Honestly I literally have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to defending

Came back from 31-10 down to draw level against Seahawks and then they scored a touchdown in OT. Devastated.

God bless Dennis Pitta.

Scum

Scum why isn't amartey playing

please put on amartey

Will score the winning goal as a sub on Sunday, m9.

GargantuanClearcutAmericanratsnake.gif

loooool

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
West Brom's hierarchy are furious with Saido Berahino's comments about moving "on to bigger things" in an interview they did not sanction. The 21-year-old striker, who has been linked with Liverpool and Tottenham, is likely to be fined by the club for his behaviour. (Express & Star)
The West Midlands club are so exasperated with Berahino's conduct they will abandon plans to restart negotiations over a new contract and sell the England Under-21 international in the summer. (Daily Telegraph)
Berahino's team-mates at The Hawthorns are so fed up with his behaviour they have started to ignore the Burundi-born forward . (Mirror)
Arsenal held talks with Saint Etienne midfielder Loic Perrin, 29, in the last transfer window but decided to pursue other transfer targets. (Talksport)
Stevan Jovetic's future at Manchester City has been plunged into doubt after the 25-year-old Montenegro forward was dropped from the club's Champions League squad. (Times - subscription)
Everton winger Kevin Mirallas, 27, has been quoted in the Belgium media as saying he is "ready for a new challenge" which has led to speculation he will quit Goodison Park in the summer. (Liverpool Echo)
West Ham will make another attempt to sign 23-year-old defender Steven Caulker if QPR are relegated from the Premier League at the end of the season. (Mirror)
New York City FC have turned down the chance to sign Hatem Ben Arfa, who faces a period of inaction having signed for Nice following his release by Newcastle because he is ineligible to play under Fifa's three-club rule. Major League Soccer is not governed by the rule but New York head coach Jason Kreis has no interest in signing the 27-year-old winger. (Daily Mail)
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal wants PSV Eindhoven winger Memphis Depay to be his first signing in the summer, with the Red Devils set to pay £10m for the 20-year-old Netherlands international. (Sun - subscription)

OTHER GOSSIP
Tim Sherwood's appointment as QPR manager is in doubt due to a row over personal terms with the 45-year-old former Tottenham boss wanting a three-year deal worth £6m. (Daily Star)
Nottingham Forest chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi is considering walking away from the club after being abused by fans. (Daily Express)
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is understood to have taken dim view of Jack Wilshere's latest smoking-related indiscretion and will speak to him about it, after the injured midfielder, 23, was pictured holding a shisha pipe in an Instagram post. (Independent)
Billionaire Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov has given the Russian Football Union a loan of nearly £4m to cover head coach Fabio Capello's wages. Ex-England boss Capello has not been paid since June 2014. (Sky Sports)
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is scheduled to end his vow of silence and speak to the media again on Friday. (London Evening Standard)
Everton will monitor James McCarthy's training, nutrition and even his footwear in a bid to end the 24-year-old midfielder's injury problems. (Liverpool Echo)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Barcelona forward Luis Suarez took advantage of the cold weather in Spain to have an afternoon of fun in the snow with wife and children. The Uruguay international uploaded a picture of his family sledging and building a snowman to his Instagram account along with the message: "Thank you my loves for making me spend this wonderful day with you. I love you with all my heart."
Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina, 26, has been helping new Chelsea signing Juan Cuadrado settle into London life following his move from Fiorentina. Ospina, who is an international team-mate of 26-year-old winger Cuadrado with Colombia, posted a picture of the pair of them on his Instagram account with the message: "Best wishes buddy."
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has regained his dance moves as well as his fitness. The 25-year-old, who recently returned from a lengthy injury lay-off, uploaded a video on his Instagram account of himself, Raheem Sterling and Jordan Ibe dancing to 'Blessings' by Big Sean featuring Drake and Kanye West in the dressing room at the club's training ground.
A day after he was criticised for being photographed at nightclub smoking a shisha pipe Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere posted a video of himself on his Instagram account working out. Wilshere also posted the message: "Worry about your character not your reputation, because your character is who you are and your reputation is only what people who don't know you think about you!"

AND FINALLY...
A sociology professor at a Canadian university has dedicated the subject matter of his four-year course to Real Madrid and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo. (University of British Colombia)
A six-year-old football fan has sent a hand-written letter to Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho begging him to become Aston Villa's manager to save their season. (Birmingham Mail)

Berahino's team-mates at The Hawthorns are so fed up with his behaviour they have started to ignore the Burundi-born forward . (Mirror)
Usho, knew.
EuvEO5Z.png

Tim Sherwood's appointment as QPR manager is in doubt due to a row over personal terms with the 45-year-old former Tottenham boss wanting a three-year deal worth £6m. (Daily Star)
nt5j5sS.png

A six-year-old football fan has sent a hand-written letter to Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho begging him to become Aston Villa's manager to save their season. (Birmingham Mail)
mLjyyKE.png

Elchele

The struggle is real. Surprising country.

That will be me in Finland soon
CNB1W6d.png

I love those things. It may be some irrelevant thing, but it means a lot for both sides, at least it does for me. I do it every time I can, maybe is a bit selfish in the end, but I guess both parties get something out of it.

I usually pay the bus ride to someone if the person is out of credit or something.

also, :lol at people being surprised at the guy having a potato for lunch. rich kids innit

New York City FC have turned down the chance to sign Hatem Ben Arfa, who faces a period of inaction having signed for Nice following his release by Newcastle because he is ineligible to play under Fifa's three-club rule. Major League Soccer is not governed by the rule but New York head coach Jason Kreis has no interest in signing the 27-year-old winger. (Daily Mail)

I had no idea about that rule. What happened in Nice tho?

jts

...hate me...
I don't think a potato for lunch is wrong. I think it's commendable that one keeps himself on a budget, and I even approve some very unorthodox eating habits (like alternate day or intermittent fasting) for health and weight control purposes.

It's just that a potato by itself isn't a very nutritious meal at all. It's almost 100% carbs. I still think it's completely okay if you can get your nutrients later in the day. But he seemed to be struggling in a way that comes off as surprising in such a country as Sweden. If you can only spare cents per day for food, then screw it with the internet, computers, consoles or whatever. But not even on welfare you would get as little as that.

Elchele

I don't think a potato for lunch is wrong. I think it's commendable that one keeps himself on a budget, and I even approve some very unorthodox eating habits (like alternate day or intermittent fasting) for health and weight control purposes.

It's just that a potato by itself isn't a very nutritious meal at all. It's almost 100% carbs. I still think it's completely okay if you can get your nutrients later in the day. But he seemed to be struggling in a way that comes off as surprising in such a country as Sweden. If you can only spare cents per day for food, then screw it with the internet, computers, consoles or whatever. But not even on welfare you would get as little as that.

m8
I'm dinning oatmeal. But I'm enjoying reading you guys on my computer and have the Air conditioner on.

That electronic world

edit: also, Big Hero 6 is great.

jts

...hate me...
m8
I'm dinning oatmeal. But I'm enjoying reading you guys on my computer and have the Air conditioner on.

That electronic world

edit: also, Big Hero 6 is great.

Yes, and also playing PS4 :p

Oatmeal is good food (and also potato is). But needs some protein complement at least. Even a glass of milk.

edit: is it that hot in Argentina right now? Blistering cold here in Portugal.

Elchele

Yes, and also playing PS4 :p

Oatmeal is good food (and also potato is). But needs some protein complement at least. Even a glass of milk.

edit: is it that hot in Argentina right now?

yes. we're in the middle of the summer. 36ºC today baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom