• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Always enjoy reading some of the English spelling from other people involved in same business as ours

0gnQROL.png

Yeah.

wedward

Ericksen is having the better season so far. No question.

He has also played 29 games. Ozi has played 9.

Kind of silly comparison at this stage.

Ozil was better last season though.

Lightning is right.

Yen

How much longer does he have to outperform for before it becomes a valid opinion? Eriksen is class.

Dragon Age and Shadow of Mordor winning GotY awards. What a shite year.
You don't understand:

Ozil cost £42m and Eriksen cost £12m.
42 is bigger than 12.
Ozil is better than Eriksen.

inky

Ironic that it's games aping Ubisoft's open world formula and not Ubisoft games themselves getting these awards. Sprinkle in a little bit of "Batman's combat" or "Bioware's World Famous Diverse Characters and Writing" and you got yourself enough to be a GOTY contender. Show how boringly homogenous AAA design has become.

What a shite year indeed.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

It's game journalism that's complete shit, only picking the obvious big budget, dark and grim AAA games. The real GotY was Bayonetta 2 and it'll always be.

Scum

We should sell our shit quickly in the summer, bring in 2 or 3 Poch wants then purposely get banned from transfers.

Out
Adebayor to Liverpool. Kaboul to Chelsea. Capoue to Southampton. Townsend to Man Utd. Paulinho to Man City. Lennon to Arsenal.

In
Neves - £0m up front. £12m over 48 months. £5m after 10 international apps.
Ings - Free.
Laporte - £9m.

It's game journalism that's complete shit, only picking the obvious big budget, dark and grim AAA games. The real GotY was Bayonetta 2 and it'll always be.

Games can only be nominated for DICE awards if they're a member of the group (I assume its publisher not developer... but I'm not sure) so that might explain some omissions. Hence why Destiny was in the top 50.

Blablurn

I haven't felt compelled to play DA:I once after my first 20 minutes. Hmm.

I played 10 hours in the week it came out. Then I havent touched it till this week. Played another 12 hours. Its a pretty big game. I think it finally clicked with me. I'm just having a show running in the background while playing the game. Its nothing special but its good. The amount of content is incredible.

Lightning

Banned
This makes me laugh.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/mauricio-pochettino-eriksen-matched-sanchez-fabregas-season/?

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has lavished praise upon Danish sensation Christian Eriksen, saying that he has matched the efforts of Alexis Sanchez and Cesc Fabregas this season.

Pochettino said this in response to questions about whether he thought Eriksen could be considered a player of the year contender like the aforementioned pair: “Yes, so far. Christian has the possibility to get to the same level. His contribution so far is as great for the team.”

Eriksen is the top-scoring midfielder in the Premier League this season with nine goals. A number of those have come late in games, securing or rescuing crucial points.

As well as being a magnificent technical player, Eriksen is industrious and hard-working. He has covered more ground in the Premier League this season than any other player.

If Spurs win against Arsenal at the weekend expect Eriksen to play a crucial role in the triumph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom