• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

I've just taken a look at the old 3DS XL and realized how fucking huge this thing is.

what have we done bla

Have you ordered one of the new ones?

I just checked my order again

6u3AfNM.png

I can't wait.

In before I hate it.

Alex Duff ‏@DuffofBrentford 12m12 minutes ago

BREAKING: Real Madrid agrees to reduce La Liga TV income disparity with smallest club to 4:1 from 6:1. Premier League ratio is 1.5:1

:lol:lol:lol:lol

To be clear it was RM holding this deal up. Barca had agreed to it last year.

Still fucking shit.

Scum

but youre still spurs either way

i guess it balances itself out

Don't really see why he is doing mind games really as its only they two players and maybe Lloris that would maybe get in our team and even at that I don't think they would start.

Missing the NLD tomorrow because of work.

Hoping we keep up the great form (both from these season and recent seasons) against them.

And yeah, Mourinho is a bore. I had fond memories of his time in the EPL previously and wanted him back but now I'm thinking I may have simply misremembered. Sick of the press fawning over his every dour word.

And I'm waking up at 6:00AM for it. Pity you're missing it. Don't worry we'll smash em.

article-1303386931128-0bb8e23000000578-914302_636x377.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Of the 3 of them maybe Ozil but that is a BIG maybe. If Ozil keeps his form that he has came back with then he won't be out the team.

Eriksen is the top scoring midfielder in the league. He'd certainly get in ahead of a feeble ghost like Ozil.

A good game against a wretched Villa doesn't mean shit. Ozil is a talented player but he is not a match winning player like Eriksen.

I'm a lil scared. Some GAFers say the picture on the CL looks strange, while some others say they could never go back after using the XL.

Maybe it's good that I havent touched a DS in a looooong time.

Well, I'm curious as well, only had the normal 3DS so far. If the XL sucks too hard, I'll just return it :lol

anthonyOA

Eriksen is the top scoring midfielder in the league. He'd certainly get in ahead of a feeble ghost like Ozil.

A good game against a wretched Villa doesn't mean shit. Ozil is a talented player but he is not a match winning player like Eriksen.

Gotta co-sign that. If Arsenal pin us back in our half we won't get to use them, that or we'll be limited to few chances. The midfield has to be awake tomorrow.

Lightning

Banned
Gotta co-sign that. If Arsenal pin us back in our half we won't get to use them, that or we'll be limited to few chances. The midfield has to be awake tomorrow.
We won't be pinning you back. We will likely be sitting quite deep hitting counter attacks with our fast players. Villa had more possession than us at the emirates and we scored 5 goals.

Wish he was our manager.

Not sure who your team is, but I'd like to see him with a 5th place budget.

He's the right guy for first and second place budget teams, but I think the locals would ride him out of town if it was anything less.

He's too poisonous for me. Loves to divide the team. He would be a disaster if not given the very best budget and I'm not sure he's going to finish first this year at all.

Salvadora

edit: You can't draw any conclusions from a match against fucking Aston Villa.
Of course you can draw conclusions relating to our sort of newfound tactical on our recent matches including, yes, Villa.

It's pretty noteworthy when we concede possession at home against a much lower placed time.

#OzilForBalonD'or.

KidJr

Saying Eriksen is better than Ozil is like saying Charlie Austin is a better striker than Falcao.

Stats may suggest different but we all know it just isnt true lol

Lightning

Banned
Saying Eriksen is better than Ozil is like saying Charlie Austin is a better striker than Falcao.

Didn't you know? Harry Kane is better than Aguero.

Loooooooooooooooooooool Spurs.

Esch

Banned
pls, ozil was reborn through steroids and weights and will be cool and good for the forseeable future

from ethereal to physical

from nothing to something

this is ozil

He's the right guy for first and second place budget teams, but I think the locals would ride him out of town if it was anything less.

He's too poisonous for me. Loves to divide the team. He would be a disaster if not given the very best budget and I'm not sure he's going to finish first this year at all.

Chelsea have the 4th highest net spend in the PL since Mourinho rejoined Chelsea I think, and it's only a few million higher than Liverpool and West Ham.

Of course, things aren't as simple as that, but he's not spending a massive amount as you're suggesting, and he's top of the league, in a cup final, and still in the CL. Not bad.

Danchi

I think the complete opposite to be honest. He seems like one of the few top managers who could also a manage smaller team. You could imagine him doing the "us vs. the world" mentality at a relegation battling team in the same way.

He did manage a smaller team in Portugal (think he finished above mid-table). What he did at Porto shouldn't be forgotten either. I'm going by memory, but pretty much every one of that Champions League winning team left and didn't exactly have stellar careers (which showed he got the best out of them). Deco and Carvalho being the exceptions?

Bakkus

If we include stuff from like 3 seasons ago then you would have a point, but how's that fair? Eriksen is a much better player based on this and last season's performances.

I think the complete opposite to be honest. He seems like one of the few top managers who could also a manage smaller team. You could imagine him doing the "us vs. the world" mentality at a relegation battling team in the same way.

He did manage a smaller team in Portugal (think he finished above mid-table). What he did at Porto shouldn't be forgotten either. I'm going by memory, but pretty much every one of that Champions League winning team left and didn't exactly have stellar careers (which showed he got the best out of them). Deco and Carvalho being the exceptions?

He was 2nd in the table with that team up until March time I think, didn't finish the season there cos he left for Porto (who were below his team in the table at the time).

Salvadora

Fortunately for Mourinho he's earned the right never to have to prove himself at a 'smaller' club.
I suppose on some level, and I don't mean this in a bad way, Chelsea are a "smaller" club.

Certainly compared to the likes of Madrid & United etc.

Chelsea have the 4th highest net spend in the PL since Mourinho rejoined Chelsea I think, and it's only a few million higher than Liverpool and West Ham.

Of course, things aren't as simple as that, but he's not spending a massive amount as you're suggesting, and he's top of the league, in a cup final, and still in the CL. Not bad.

Yeah well anyone can win an argument with facts.

jtb

Banned
Wage bill has a stronger correlation with league finishes than net spend does. I think Chelsea's is second or third, after City and maybe United?

Either way, Mourinho's doing a good job.

Wilbur

Banned
I suppose on some level, and I don't mean this in a bad way, Chelsea are a "smaller" club.

Certainly compared to the likes of Madrid & United etc.

No, true enough. He's almost as responsible as Abramovic for their decade of success, I think.

When City have won the league, it's because they've been the least shit; that sounds bitter, but they heavily relied on our slip ups in 11/12 (and were seconds away from losing it), and Liverpool's implosion last season. When Chelsea have won the league, especially under Mou, they've far and away been the best. He instilled the likes of Drogba, Lampard and Terry with a winning mentality and enabled them to reach their full potential (again, something that I felt has been beyond Mancini and Pellegrini).

Fintan

Wage bill has a stronger correlation with league finishes than net spend does. I think Chelsea's is second or third, after City and maybe United?

Yeah, City and United have higher wage bills. Arsenal are fourth, I think.

Third.

It's quite possible their wage bill is running lower than yours this season, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom