• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

It's her brother. So unless we go full on anime here, I doubt they are dating.
dUlMFSY.png

Not something you would mind, though? :3

faridmon

The Wire m8

and yeah Hardy is English, didnt you know.

Nah, I meant his accent in that movie. He is supposed to be a russian (chechen) immigrant and his accent a a thick one. He killed it though. he was great and also funny.

''Have seen any incident happening in the area?
''Nothing dangerous happens around here'
''You think so?''
'' I think so? no, I fucking know so''

Carbonox

The awkward yet solid chemistry and relationship between Hardy and Rapace in The Drop reminded me of Rocky and Adrian in the first Rocky film.

Great film and I thought the finale was great.

wedward

downloading Bronson. First time I read about it.

lol

Pacific Rim hate in this thread is absolutely unacceptable.

Big robots fighting isn't as entertaining as it should be.

Everything else is shit in that movie.

Made by the same guy who directed Drive and Only God Forgives (and the Pusher trilogy). good director, clearly has a sense of style.

Can't wait for the documentary about his life in Thailand when he was making Only God Forgives.

El Topo

Pacific Rim is pretty much the "switch off your brain and watch the pretty pictures" film.

No, it is pretty much the "switch your brain off and sit through lots of boring shit until you get maybe ten minutes of solid action that doesn't look all that great at the end" film.
It should've been a fun movie. I went in expecting "Mecha vs. Monster" action, but I got a lot of boring and stupid stuff.

Edit:
I can honestly say Pacific Rim is (as far as I remember) the most boring movie I have ever watched in cinema.

Elchele

No, it is pretty much the "switch your brain off and sit through lots of boring shit until you get maybe ten minutes of solid action that doesn't look all that great at the end" film.
It should've been a fun movie. I went in expecting "Mecha vs. Monster" action, but I got a lot of boring and stupid stuff.

Bla likes:
Pacific Rim
Godzilla 2014

he surely will like Jurassic World

Can't wait for the documentary about his life in Thailand when he was making Only God Forgives.

Same.

This probably explains why I didn't like it. Actually this explains it perfectly.
haha, I can definitely see why some people don't like those films.

but I really liked Drive and OGF. And Gosling is hot :p
I only watched Drive. It was alright

Are 'Lawless' and 'Locke' worth watching? Warrior looks good

Lawless is shit, except for a fun performance from Guy Pearce (who is really underrated). Havent seen Warrior tho.

El Topo

Bla likes:
Pacific Rim
Godzilla 2014

he surely will like Jurassic World

Godzilla was okay, although it could've used more monster action. Jurassic World looks bad and stupid, but at least it shouldn't be boring. I mean you can't really make "Dinosaurs let loose" boring.

Edit:
Then again, I thought the same about Pacific Rim.

Carbonox

I only watched Drive. It was alright

Are 'Lawless' and 'Locke' worth watching? Warrior looks good

Lawless = Hardy plays Bane before he became Talia's poodle and put on the mask
Locke = Hardy plays Bane after Talia dies and we see only him as he goes on this journey to self destruction
Warrior = Hardy plays Bane while he was still in the League of Shadows before the events of Lawless.

Warrior's legitimately great. Pick that.

Pacific Rim was so fucking shit.

Who spends millions of dollars on CGI to make fight scenes where you can barely tell what's happening.

Yen

I saw a good doc on Netflix - 'Gambler' - about when Refn went bankrupt in the mid-00s and had to 'sell-out' and make more Pusher movies, basically showing the mistakes he makes and how he occasionally seemed dead inside.

Refn is a weird dude, could see him go Trier crazy in the future. He was on this danish talkshow (several times) where he was crying his heart out, tears flowing down his cheeks as he was talking about his dad, the film industry and so on.

There's a danish documentary about him, that he filmed himself when he was making Pusher too. Should be on Danish netflix with subs and all.

Carbonox

I really want to see Only God Forgives. The critical reception genuinely intrigues me. I thought Drive was good and Bronson superb so I might as well take a punt.

Splatt

Edit:
I can honestly say Pacific Rim is (as far as I remember) the most boring movie I have ever watched in cinema.

You obviously haven't watched Superman Returns

Also
giphy.gif

--e--

Arthur has the right idea

Refn is a weird dude, could see him go Trier crazy in the future. He was on this danish talkshow (several times) where he was crying his heart out, tears flowing down his cheeks as he was talking about his dad, the film industry and so on.

I really, really don't like Refn or his films. Absolutely style over substance.

What's worse is that he's quite certain that he's instilled depth in to the movie, only he forgot to tell the audience about it.

It's the film equivalent of a total cokehead telling you something they're really interested in but they forget to put in any of the important infrastructure or context on the subject and just concentrate on details important to them instead.

I really, really don't like Refn or his films. Absolutely style over substance.

What's worse is that he's quite certain that he's instilled depth in to the movie, only he forgot to tell the audience about it.

It's the film equivalent of a total cokehead telling you something they're really interested in but they forget to put in any of the important infrastructure or context on the subject and just concentrate on details important to them instead.

Only God Forgives I thought was pretty bad, but other than that I found drive to be entertaining, and absolutely loved the style and didn't mind that taking the center stage. Pusher and bleeder were good movies too and very different from his later work. Haven't watched Bronson but will some day. Valhalla Rising looks horrible, never watched it and never will.

Wilbur

Banned
Nah, I meant his accent in that movie. He is supposed to be a russian (chechen) immigrant and his accent a a thick one. He killed it though. he was great and also funny.

''Have seen any incident happening in the area?
''Nothing dangerous happens around here'
''You think so?''
'' I think so? no, I fucking know so''

What? No, Hardy is from the Bronx in that film.

Also Elba is great and Pacific Rim is shit.

Elchele

I was about to watch 'Birdman' (fucking finally), but this girl asked me out in fb. We're going to a beer place. Last time I went out with her (again, she asked me) she told she has a boyfriend

help me understand

Wilbur

Banned
And Father Ted is amazing

And I also really like Drive and OGF

Style over substance in a palatable way, not a Pacific Rim way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom