• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

Arsenal fans will buy Persona 5 confirmed: "The protagonist’s first exclusively usable Persona is named “Arsène”."

I have my bags packed. Plane departs at 2:30 AM. Let's hope Kane and Eriksen show us some mercy. A couple of Sturridge goals will be needed. And for the love of God, don't let Joe Allen play. I might invade the pitch and berate Rodgers.

El Cid

Neo Member
Even Salah was devastating against Arsenal at some point.

Neither do I. A top defender wouldn't consistently fuck up as much as him. But I still think he could do well enough against Chelsea over two matches.

and man I miss him. I just want videos of him goofing around with Costa.

i2jh80atGPQWU.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this is just wonderful :lol I'm kinda sad I missed Replaygate :lol

galliani-little490epa.jpg

Only in Italy... Those of us who watch Serie A habitually know that phrase can be used as a positive or a negative, but it remains inevitably true.

Where else would two clubs trade official statements and bitchy tweets, going back and forth like bored teenagers? These aren’t even small sides with local rivalry; they are historically the clubs with the most Scudetto titles and are the best-known abroad.

The fact Juve and Milan are acting so childishly says an awful lot about the way football is discussed in Italy. There’s no difference between the bar talk and what goes on in television interviews. The cliché was always ‘everyone in Italy is a tactician.’ Now everyone in Italian football is an ultra, complete with the blinkered refusal to accept any other point of view.

Only in Italy would a side that lost 3-1 spend days protesting that the line drawn on a replay might’ve been slightly askew. Putting aside the whole issue of perspective, camera angles and basic geometry, just look at the footage in question. Even in the worst case scenario, Carlos Tevez was offside by at most 10 centimetres and that is being generous. Near the centre-circle. In a game that Milan lost 3-1. It’s hardly the most scandalous refereeing decision the world has ever seen, is it?

Rafa Benitez and Rudi Garcia have unfortunately settled into the Italian vibe all too well, learning some of our worst habits. Roma moaned non-stop about the game in Turin – again, all decisions that were borderline at best. The kind Benitez would describe with the phrase: ‘It can happen.’

In Italian ‘ci può stare’ can also translate as ‘I’ve seen them given’ or ‘it’s an acceptable margin of error.’ What’s so scandalous about that? If it wasn’t Juventus on the other side of those decisions, absolutely nothing. There’s more being said about this offside than the Palermo goal that clearly went over the line against Sampdoria.

Italian football is utterly addicted to outrage. No decision can go uncontested, no defeat fully deserved, no excuse left untried.

A lot of this is what makes Serie A so much fun. Nowhere else do you get this in-depth analysis of every move or so much tasty controversy to chew over between games. On the other hand, it can get tiring when we have to explain geometry while being called a cheat apologist.

Maybe it’s not just the parallel lines that we don’t have in perspective

(written by a Milanista)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
lol, well the highlights I watched were from Sky so I guess that would explain why I thought he was offside.

sensational club statement

Mr Adriano Galliani, vice president and CEO of AC Milan SpA and vice president of the Lega Serie A, has decided to revisit two of his old passions: television and geometry.

However, Galliani seems to be unaware of state law, of regulations passed unanimously by the LNPA assembly and, above all, of what happened on the pitch.

Galliani is trying to create a farcical scandal in the media in a clumsy attempt to distract Milan fans from the clear-cut result in yesterday’s match: 3-1.

For the sake of clarity, the full story is as follows:

Galliani seems to be unaware that it is the Melandri law that entrusts the production of television images to clubs, something clearly stated in the “Guidelines for the centralised sale of audiovisual rights”, which were unanimously approved by the Lega Calcio.

He also seems to be unaware that in order to prevent manipulation, the Lega reserves the right to appoint the broadcasters of individual matches and, therefore, also reserves the right to appoint directors and producers.

He seems to be unaware that the production of audiovisual content by an organisation outside of the club is an option that only becomes active when the club in question informs the Lega Calcio that it is unable to proceed otherwise.

He seems to be unaware that many clubs have thus chosen to delegate production to a body that acts as an advisor to the Lega itself, as a sponsorship broker and even as a producer.

The about-turn made by AC Milan (i.e. by Galliani, who continues to be the club’s only representative in the Lega Calcio), in calling for the use of independent content directors, makes little sense.

Galliani seems to be ignoring that such an option is not provided for by any regulations and would need to be debated and reformed.

He seems to be unaware that any pool of independent content directors would most likely be formed – or provided – by the advisor/broker/producer alluded to earlier, which would then be in a position to draw up the rules, implement them and then reap the benefits.

Galliani also seems to be unaware of the fact that all graphic elements (lines and so on) are applied by broadcasters in the post-production phase and have nothing to do with the live production of images, which is in any case managed by the directors and producers designated by the Lega, with no interference from other parties.

Finally, Galliani seems to be unaware that for decades he has been operating in two main sectors: football and television. He thus seems to be unaware that all technological, legal and regulatory developments have passed before his eyes, if indeed they have not been approved by Mr Galliani himself.
#pareIgnorare

herod

yeah, on paper its a top three team, in practice we look laboured, janky. Every game feels like the first time they are playing together. Starting to worry LVG might be in way over his head.

on paper it's a top two attack and a bottom half defence

Fintan

United were pretty good under Giggs last season. I'm thinking maybe sack LVG now and let Giggs take over early. Move forward the succession plans.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't have a problem with long balls, if they're delivered in a cohesive tactical plan that envelops long balls.

Our long balls are aimless punts, not deep crosses and quick counter attacks.

Bit disappointed in LVG that he's doing what I imagine Moyes would be and trying not to put any big name noses out of joint.

But no, I don't want him sacked. I'm not an Arsenal fan m8, wildly fluctuating from new era and brashness to #wengerout from game to game

I'm level headed and sensible

which is why i think we should keep van gaal until redknapp has had his operation

Wilbur

Banned
Falcao was such a dumb signing :lol

We all got swept away in the majesty of Rumbo and El Tigre and that dynamite hair

Wish we we're nearer the summer so he and RVP could move on and we'd get Wilson/Rooney up front.

Hixx

Gaal is clearly lulling the league into a false sense of security so when he spends £200m this summer and DOESN'T play pin the tail on the donkey to pick his team he will waltz to the title

#lvgenius

Wilbur

Banned
Hopefully next season our team looks more like this:

De Gea (or Valdes)

Clyne/Coleman - Hummels/someone - Rojo - Shaw

Di Maria - Strootman/Carrick - Herrera

Januzaj - Rooney - Depay

Or drop/don't buy Depay, have Adnan/Mata in the hole and Wilson up front

that team would win the world cup even if we didnt have redknapp

GAH

Ander please come home

K1LLER7

We all got swept away in the majesty of Rumbo and El Tigre and that dynamite hair

Wish we we're nearer the summer so he and RVP could move on and we'd get Wilson/Rooney up front.
I want us to take Dybala away from Wooden.

Fintan

De Gea (or Valdes)

Januzaj - Rooney - Depay

GAH

Ander please come home
Is Wilson your back-up striker or would you want to sign someone else?

Wilbur

Banned
Is Wilson your back-up striker or would you want to sign someone else?

Honestly would like to see him given the chance, but we probably would need another. Like I say, should have kept Welbeck; besides the fact he is a striker (pls horse), he has pace and can stretch defences.

Will Keane to come back from loan too. But there's something inherently flawed with having so many class strikers that one of them has to play centre mid.

Fintan

The Rooney gets to play even though he has been shit doesn't fly with me. Especially if he wants to continue to play him as a CM.

A Manchester United manager should not be afraid to drop anyone .
I think if you played Rooney as a striker he'd be doing better than either RVP or Falcao currently are. But, yeah, the midfielder thing is just weird. I know he's been played in that position occasionally for years now but he's never looked good there to me.

De Gea (or Valdes)

Januzaj - Rooney - Depay

GAH

Ander please come home

Honestly would like to see him given the chance, but we probably would need another. Like I say, should have kept Welbeck; besides the fact he is a striker (pls horse), he has pace and can stretch defences.

Will Keane to come back from loan too. But there's something inherently flawed with having so many class strikers that one of them has to play centre mid.

Hasn't LVG pretty much said that Rooney's future is as a CM?

Wilbur

Banned
Hasn't LVG pretty much said that Rooney's future is as a CM?

Hopefully because he's trying to fit RVP and Falcao in

I mean, not to imply anything, but if a certain Danish maniac wanted to carry out an assassination on the two for a high fee sourced by UnitedGAF, I wouldn't be averse to it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

finally someone talking sense

loan + salary = 20 million for 12 months, that's Torres-Chelsea levels of fuck ups no matter how you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom