• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

I remember back in like 2011 or 2012, Johnny Giles kept saying that Rooney was the best centre midfielder in England.

Some of Giles' quotes from the time:
I played plenty of matches against (Ferenc) Puskas, (Alfredo) Di Stefano… very luckily, I played with Denis Law and I played against Jimmy Greaves and Kenny Dalglish. I don’t think any of those players were capable of playing in the middle of the field as well as Rooney did last night.

“He was a revelation to me. I always suspected he could play there but I never seen him do it until last night and he is by far and away the best midfield player in the Premiership.”

Bold One

LVG, RVP, RUMBO, ADM

so many disappointments, I don't know what to believe in anymore

'Believe in me'

who said that?

L_Men_s_Health_Daley_Blind_8.jpg

LVG, RVP, RUMBO, ADM

so many disappointments, I don't know what to believe in anymore

'Believe in me'

who said that?

http://www.alek.nl/photos/large/L_Men_s_Health_Daley_Blind_8.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

I am not disappointed in ADM. He can still cause issues when he gets the ball and runs with it. And he is really only person we have capable of that.

On top of it all, he keeps getting played out of position. Played few games as a striker, now playing as tip of diamond. He should be left/right position as a CM, there he finds more space and more area to run with the ball.

I really have no idea why people still continue to get played OOP.

Wilbur

Banned
Fergie sold his soul to the devil for the last couple of titles

He is gone

Only Jesus can intervene

Maybe if we offer a blood sacrifice we will return

Just drain Marouane

Pretty sure i called Falcao a flop at time of signing #justsaying #still3rd #chumpionsleague

I said Pelle wouldn't get more than ten league goals

how much is he currently on

i dont even know if i lost

Relax

We'll finish 3rd and win the league next year

I still think we'll sneak top four. I don't know why.

Wilbur

Banned
I am not disappointed in ADM. He can still cause issues when he gets the ball and runs with it. And he is really only person we have capable of that.

On top of it all, he keeps getting played out of position. Played few games as a striker, now playing as tip of diamond. He should be left/right position as a CM, there he finds more space and more area to run with the ball.

Nah, fuck that. Di Maria's soul is gone. He left the biggest club in the world and became a mercenary.

Ducking out of a challenge last night and not bothering to even look like he wanted the ball sickened me more than any draw would

And now we face a battle for fourth place with fucking tottenham

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

Nah, fuck that. Di Maria's soul is gone. He left the biggest club in the world and became a mercenary.

Ducking out of a challenge last night and not bothering to even look like he wanted the ball sickened me more than any draw would

And now we face a battle for fourth place with fucking tottenham

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

If his soul is gone then LVG sucked it out.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Di Maria will not improve, his soul is still intact, that's just him really.

this is why some Madrid fans hated him, he's either shit or GOAT, no in between. A player with no limbo.

Wilbur

Banned
Di Maria will not improve, his soul is still intact, that's just him really.

this is why some Madrid fans hated him, he's either shit or GOAT, no in between. A player with no limbo.

But at least it felt like he wanted to be at Madrid

I remember posting this when he signed him; I'm predisposed to prefer players like Herrera and Blind who you can tell really want to play for United.

But at least it felt like he wanted to be at Madrid

I remember posting this when he signed him; I'm predisposed to prefer players like Herrera and Blind who you can tell really want to play for United.

Well Van Gaal says Herrera has to improve before he can start for us.

So...

I still think ADM can be good and he has shown the glimpses, he has shown passion. But maybe he also looks at LVG and goes WHY

Fintan

What does everyone think the top 4 will be?

I think Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United. Just because Arsenal always manage it and United seem to be hanging on despite being shit. Southampton would need to bea t their record points total by a big margin to finish top 4, I'd say. Not sure about Spurs or Liverpool.

L1NETT

Fuck Monday night games

And fuck Mk dons

And fuck are midfield when dele alpine comes rampaging through to score his hattrick

At least Pickfords red got overturned. Nae fucking idea how.

I think Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United. Just because Arsenal always manage it and United seem to be hanging on despite being shit. Southampton would need to bea t their record points total by a big margin to finish top 4, I'd say. Not sure about Spurs or Liverpool.

Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs.

Southampton will fade, and United will fuck it up.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United.

In that order. Although that's probably just me being a cunt talking, no reason to keep writing off Southampton

2 out of Saints/United/Arsenal.

Mate when you're pussying out of reaching the ball before kevin fucking nolan you most certainly aren't trying hard enough

Players duck out of challenges. It's not like he's doing it multiple times every week. Silly to latch onto that and claim he simply isn't bothered. Of course he isn't at United because he loves the club or whatever else, doesn't mean he isn't giving his level best. He runs tirelessly, always wants the ball, always tries to make something happen - but he's just failing to impact the game. Two very different things.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United.

In that order. Although that's probably just me being a cunt talking, no reason to keep writing off Southampton

Saints have to play West Ham, Liverpool and Chelsea in the next 5 games. I think it's safe to write them off if they lose those.

edit: the other two games are West Brom and Palace and we've dropped points to both this season.

Wilbur

Banned
2 out of Saints/United/Arsenal.

Players duck out of challenges. It's not like he's doing it multiple times every week. Silly to latch onto that and claim he simply isn't bothered. Of course he isn't at United because he loves the club or whatever else, doesn't mean he isn't giving his level best. He runs tirelessly, always wants the ball, always tries to make something happen - but he's just failing to impact the game. Two very different things.

He didn't even bother moving towards the ball, that riled me.

But you're right, he is playing poorly.

Walshy

Most Liverpool-based journalists are reporting that Lucas could be sidelined for 3 to 4 weeks with his latest injury.

With the games we have coming up, it's a massive loss. I think I would bring Can into midfield to take up Lucas' position and put Kolo in defence (or Lovren).

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom