• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sterling, Coutinho and Lucas all doubtful for tomorrow?

No need for us to rest players as we have the weekend off, Liverpool's third game in 7 days so hopefully they are tired. If we could win it would be a huge result for the top 4 race.

GorillaJu

Samir Nasri: "Chelsea, with no disrespect, are not Liverpool - who can drop points. They are really solid."
njIBwgH.png

Liverpool didn't "drop" points though. We came in on an extremely hot streak and lost to the third third placed team. When we lost to Chelsea, it didn't matter what happened at Palace. City had already won. We didn't sit dominantly at the top and then slide down the table.

Liverpool didn't "drop" points though. We came in on an extremely hot streak and lost to the third third placed team. When we lost to Chelsea, it didn't matter what happened at Palace. City had already won. We didn't sit dominantly at the top and then slide down the table.

It is Nasri after all.

scabro

that was us
iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

Ushojax

If Wenger says you are two weeks away, your season is effectively over.

FuturusX

City should be afraid anyway. Relative to the top European teams, they're brass. Relative to their budget and spend, they're dogshit.

Breaking Bad is the most entertaining piece of media I've ever experienced

Breaking Bad....yeah. Just so happens that I'm doing a LTTP marathon. Top notch.

dc89

Ye putting on a show again. Questioning the artistry of Beck of all people :lol

tumblr_njhtet1fma1qfoj4do4_250.gif

tumblr_njhtet1fma1qfoj4do3_250.gif

tumblr_njhtet1fma1qfoj4do2_250.gif

tumblr_njhtet1fma1qfoj4do1_250.gif

So jokes! I liken the original to Mourinho winning manager of the year at the big LMA dinner. All of a sudden Gerrard busts on stage and says Brendan should have won it.

City would have been under more pressure if you beat Palace.

El Cid

Neo Member
No way is PSG beating Chelsea, they might have impressive individuals, but no team.

And they have David Luiz, lol

No way is PSG beating Chelsea, they might have impressive individuals, but no team.

And they have David Luiz, lol

Luiz can be a world class defender, at times, just look at Chelsea - Bayern and such. However he will also have shockers, so it could be either good or bad with him for Chelsea tbh.

Just watched the Serie A highlights. Roma's Verde is 18 and is quite beefy. Some performance from him. That Dybala miss after Vasquez fucking didn't shoot. Wooden pls

El Cid

Neo Member
Luiz can be a world class defender, at times, just look at Chelsea - Bayern and such. However he will also have shockers, so it could be either good or bad with him for Chelsea tbh.

Dunno, whenever I watch him his shockers tend to outweigh his good play. And I'm having some trouble taking him seriously after the WC :)

In general I think Chelsea's transition play will prove too much for PSG, who strike me as a French version of City. It will take a good team to break down Fabregas-Matic in midfield.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The worst part about United this year is not even looking forward to games, we are gonna play crap football, might win, might not, our signings will under perform again. I think we are the side most at risk of sliding hard.

Ushojax

Ibra is gonna destroy Chelsea. He will use this game as something to beat the English with for all the comments about him

Pls how many times have we said that? Zlatan couldn't even make a dent against Spurs when we were in the CL.

In general I think Chelsea's transition play will prove too much for PSG, who strike me as a French version of City. It will take a good team to break down Fabregas-Matic in midfield.

Yeah, like Newcastle, Spurs or Sunderland.
D5Jy4CR.png

Edit: Wait, Matic was out for Newcastle. But still. Spurs and Sunderland.
D5Jy4CR.png
D5Jy4CR.png
D5Jy4CR.png

and Luiz has been fucking class many times for Chelsea. But as a defender, you obviously remembers his matches with fuck ups more.

Pls how many times have we said that? Zlatan couldn't even make a dent against Spurs when we were in the CL.

I don't know if Ibra knew Spurs were from England. Might have been the first time he had ever seen them.

He was devastating for Barca against Arsenal at the Emirates

Bold One

The worst part about United this year is not even looking forward to games, we are gonna play crap football, might win, might not, our signings will under perform again. I think we are the side most at risk of sliding hard.

yeah, on paper its a top three team, in practice we look laboured, janky. Every game feels like the first time they are playing together. Starting to worry LVG might be in way over his head.

El Cid

Neo Member
Yeah, like Newcastle, Spurs or Sunderland.
D5Jy4CR.png

Edit: Wait, Matic was out for Newcastle. But still. Spurs and Sunderland.
D5Jy4CR.png
D5Jy4CR.png
D5Jy4CR.png

and Luiz has been fucking class many times for Chelsea. But as a defender, you obviously remembers his matches with fuck ups more.

Spurs have #HurriKane m8, not much you can do against that. And of course the occasional fuck up happens, but by and large Chelsea wins their matches in midfield IMO and I don't see PSG being able to stand up against that.

True about David Luiz, I can very much imagine my view of him is skewed. Still, I remember him being too soft in defence often enough when he was still playing for Chelsea. Don't rate him as a top defender simply put.

I don't know if Ibra knew Spurs were from England. Might have been the first time he had ever seen them.

He was devastating for Barca against Arsenal at the Emirates

Even Salah was devastating against Arsenal at some point.

Spurs have #HurriKane m8, not much you can do against that. And of course the occasional fuck up happens, but by and large Chelsea wins their matches in midfield IMO and I don't see PSG being able to stand up against that.

True about David Luiz, I can very much imagine my view of him is skewed. Still, I remember him being too soft in defence often enough when he was still playing for Chelsea. Don't rate him as a top defender simply put.

Neither do I. A top defender wouldn't consistently fuck up as much as him. But I still think he could do well enough against Chelsea over two matches.

and man I miss him. I just want videos of him goofing around with Costa.

You just made that up.

Well he scored a goal against you ok. It's the only one I remember him scoring for Chelsea in the league. I understand if Arse supporters don't remember though. I would not have watched that to end either.

anyway he was actually devastating against Chelsea when playing for Basel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom