• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Did you see Better Call Saul?

Don't be a chump
myyqQEs.png

Years ago I owned 8 towels, did my laundry once per week, and never needed to reuse one.

My partner, after we moved in together, found this to be insane, then proceeded to take half my towels. The towels are now long gone, but the newer habits took root, and I reuse my towels a couple times before washing them.

I still, however, hate the idea of all the bacteria that could be collecting and growing on a wet towel while it's hanging around all day; it makes me shudder.

I guess you're not up for the don't wash your jeans thing then?

Esch

Banned
http://www.thesefootballtimes.net/#!the-rise-of-jose-maria-gimenez/c251q

Giménez was witnessing first-hand the birth of arguably the finest defensive team in world football – one with his idol Diego Godín at the epicentre. He might not have been on the field yet, but he was with them through every step of the way. On the training ground, in the changing rooms, in Diego Simeone’s pre-match briefings… the mindset and environment of a winner was already permeating his every fibre, whether he realised it or not.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I guess you're not up for the don't wash your jeans thing then?

people who wash their jeans all the time are the worst. Even worse than the people who wash their towels all the time.

unless you're a filthy bastard you don't need to do either of those things.

people who wash their jeans all the time are the worst. Even worse than the people who wash their towels all the time.

unless you're a filthy bastard you don't need to do either of those things.

Will have to put my current jeans in for a wash. Split some curry on them.

They are so comfy

:(

OK.

How long do you wear jeans before washing them?

Quite a while.

I've got 3 pairs at the moment. Had them for like...2 years/1 year/6 months...probably washed them like...3 times/twice/once.

I soak them in cold water every now and then, or hang them up, but avoid machine washing as much as possible.

Yen

My cooker died so I just had 4 packets of Tayto Cheese and Onion for lunch. Couldn't bate it.
Quite a while.

I've got 3 pairs at the moment. Had them for like...2 years/1 year/6 months...probably washed them like...3 times/twice/once.

I soak them in cold water every now and then, or hang them up, but avoid machine washing as much as possible.
*nods*

inky

It was pretty good, but it takes a while for it to get the necessary exposition out of the way.

Expected from a first ep, so I don't mind that. Cool, I think I'll give it a watch.

Ah yes, the famous "pop GAF". We meet again.

The rest of the planet hasn't either. I mean, does anyone know a Beck song outside of his Loser track?

If you like irrelevant hipster music, there's much better stuff out there.

Why do I bother visiting music threads? Time to give Sea Change another listen today.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Indian food is the best.

Indian food or Italian food. Not sure, probably Indian, though.

Ate some Indian last night, it was majestic.

wasn't a fan of his thick bones tho

overall it was a positive experience. Will dine there again

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The joystick is talking to me. I wasn't aware of this sorcery

I hope they can utilize this in horror games. I want ghosts, doors squeaking and creepy whispers next

We're fucked without Lucas, and everyone knew we needed DM cover in January. Unless we can get Toure back and Can at DM, which still isn't ideal.

Allen just isn't good enough there, nor is Gerrard. And Lovren's not good enough to replace Can.

We can maybe do without Sterling or Coutinho, we're fucked in attack as well if they're both out though.

Was quite confident for the Spurs game before we played Everton. Not any more.

fake edit: actually, we can move Ibe forward and put Markovic back at RWB. Lucas being out is still ruinous though, couldn't possibly have come at a worse time. The perils of having depth in numbers, but not quality.

MGSV will be the goat for a couple months, until an incredibly vocal cluster of gaming-siders decide that it is, in fact, overrated, pretentious, and not as good looking as it should be. This criticism, often in the form of a two-sentence critique of the themes and a couple images showing unnecessary aliasing and/or female skin textures, will then be the trend for the next couple months in new threads, with dissent, of course, still common (especially by those for whom MGS2 was the equivalent of reading House of Leaves on psilocybin: a mind-bending experience so utterly captivating that it diverted the trajectory of their entire life, opening up new pathways to being in the world).

Then the goty thread will roll around, and it'll be full of the usual chatter and sniping. Zelda will look pretty good in initial tallies. Many people will hope that Uncharted and Bloodborne can siphon enough votes away from MGS to push it somewhere down near Halo 5 in the dismissively and derisively laughed at second-half of the top 10. But it won't happen. Snake will sneak into the top spot, there will be a few bannings for the largest volcanoes, Nintendo fans will create at least four-dozen threads questioning why Zelda was ignored, and life will eventually return to normal when everyone claims 2016 will be the best year for gaming ever.

L1NETT

MGSV will be the goat for a couple months, until an incredibly vocal cluster of gaming-siders decide that it is, in fact, overrated, pretentious, and not as good looking as it should be. This criticism, often in the form of a two-sentence critique of the themes and a couple images showing unnecessary aliasing and/or female skin textures, will then be the trend for the next couple months in new threads, with dissent, of course, still common (especially by those for whom MGS2 was the equivalent of reading House of Leaves on psilocybin: a mind-bending experience so utterly captivating that it diverted the trajectory of their entire life, opening up new pathways to being in the world).

Then the goty thread will roll around, and it'll be full of the usual chatter and sniping. Zelda will look pretty good in initial tallies. Many people will hope that Uncharted and Bloodborne can siphon enough votes away from MGS to push it somewhere down near Halo 5 in the dismissively and derisively laughed at second-half of the top 10. But it won't happen. Snake will sneak into the top spot, there will be a few bannings for the largest volcanoes, Nintendo fans will create at least four-dozen threads questioning why Zelda was ignored, and life will eventually return to normal when everyone claims 2016 will be the best year for gaming ever.

or you can just not give a fuck about gaf bloomin GOTY :p And Halo 5 will be utter pish

Also we all know gonna be witcher 3 innit

--

PC folks anyone had a dabble with Sunless Sea. Looks fucking cracking. Parkin gave it a 10, really wanna dive in (no pun intended)

And Grow Home looks tempting. All these games. No time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
MGS will win all the MTV goty awards because it has a larger audience

The true sul campo GOTYs will be Bloodborne and TW3

Watching Friends

Ross really is a massive twat in this arc. Jeapordises Rachel's career, then doesn't give her a chance to explain herself, then cheats on her, then tries lying to her, then grasses on Chandler and Joey, then reacts like a child when the others want to go skiing, then ruins Carol's anniversary, then grasses on Monica and Joey.

All in the span of about 20 minutes' screentime.

The Witness is literally the last upcoming game in which I have any real interest. Blow's take on Myst might be the only game I play this year (if it finally releases this year).

The Witness is literally the last upcoming game in which I have any real interest. Blow's take on Myst might be the only game I play this year (if it finally releases this year).

Bloodborne
Persona V (this year is optimistic though)
MGSV
Uncharted 4
Arkham Knight

Expect all 5 to be better than anything that came out last year imo. Then there's The Witness and Rime which could be good.

Bold One

Never get sucked into Gaf's Boom-Bust cycle, and never engage with Nintedo's zealots

dc89

Watching Friends

Ross really is a massive twat in this arc. Jeapordises Rachel's career, then doesn't give her a chance to explain herself, then cheats on her, then tries lying to her, then grasses on Chandler and Joey, then reacts like a child when the others want to go skiing, then ruins Carol's anniversary, then grasses on Monica and Joey.

All in the span of about 20 minutes' screentime.

You been watching Comedy Central? Had it on before until I realised Tipping Point was on ITV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom