• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bloodborne
Persona V (this year is optimistic though)
MGSV
Uncharted 4
Arkham Knight

Expect all 5 to be better than anything that came out last year imo. Then there's The Witness and Rime which could be good.
Flabber's gaming heart is DEAD

and you and I both know that he only needs to play Dark Souls to rekindle the fire

Watching Friends

Ross really is a massive twat in this arc. Jeapordises Rachel's career, then doesn't give her a chance to explain herself, then cheats on her, then tries lying to her, then grasses on Chandler and Joey, then reacts like a child when the others want to go skiing, then ruins Carol's anniversary, then grasses on Monica and Joey.

All in the span of about 20 minutes' screentime.

I would go crazy too since it's for this girl

rachel-season-1-rachel-green-25722124-250-372.jpg

Flabber's gaming heart is DEAD

and you and I both know that he only needs to play Dark Souls to rekindle the fire
I'll try it. I don't know when, but I will try it.

Last year, if I can recall correctly, I played exactly three games: Monument Valley, which was pleasant, I suppose; Final Fantasy IV DS, which I hadn't played since Final Fantasy Chronicles released and which I eventually abandoned at the Lunar Subterrane because I knew how it ended and didn't care any more; and Persona 3, which I was generally enjoying until I had the thought, "I wish this was better written, by someone like Haruki Murakami," after which point I put the game down and reread Kafka on the Shore.

Esch

Banned
pillars of eternity just looks a bit bland to me, I mean it's traditional but is there anything forward thinking about it? Maybe I'm not following it closely enough.

confuziz

Banned
I am looking for a new (teacher) job for the next school year. This agency called me and asked me to 'stop by' to get to 'know' each other.

It's a 2.5 hours trip. One way.

I said fuck no are you high

Well I didn't say fuck

but, you know.

Zabojnik

pillars of eternity just looks a bit bland to me, I mean it's traditional but is there anything forward thinking about it? Maybe I'm not following it closely enough.

Forward thinking? Not really, unless you're talking stuff like choices & consequences and themes explored. Mechanically ... not really. On many levels Pillars of Eternity is basically a much nicer looking Baldur's Gate 2, with a somewhat modernized, streamlined and customizable (compared to the old IE games at least) user interface. That's what they promised, that's what they'll be delivering.

Besides the RTWP combat, which should be pretty good, what I'm looking forward the most is the world, the story, the lore and the characters / companions. Obisidian rarely disappoint with this stuff and with PoE they went all hands on deck. Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer. Three GOATs. It doesn't get much better than this. I'm really curious to see what they were able to come up with on their own, not having to rely on (and being limited by) D&D rules and dogmas. And / or by a fucking publisher. The whole 'souls' concept, as Sawyer detailed it in various Kickstarter updates, sounds incredibly intriguing and really resonates with me.

The one major reservation I have is ... balance & polish. I'm not talking just bugs here, which I'm sure the 'early adopters' will see plenty of, but how everything gels together. Like, is this going to be more like BG1 or will they hit the ground rolling and deliver something that's more akin to BG2 in terms of it feeling organic and entirely thought-out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hixx

@JHunterChron 4m4 minutes ago
Kevin Friend (Leicestershire) to referee #safc's #FACup 5th round tie at Bradford City on Sunday

gz l1nett

Facism

She didn't even have an actual job offer for me. pls understand.

Years ago, after Uni and completing my ACCA tuition, i got a phone-call from a Financial Services company that wanted me to come work for them in Singapore. I was down for it until the lady said "you'll need to take extra training at £550 a lesson plus exam fees, plus you won't be guaranteed the job even if you pass."

confuziz

Banned
Years ago, after Uni and completing my ACCA tuition, i got a phone-call from a Financial Services company that wanted me to come work for them in Singapore. I was down for it until the lady said "you'll need to take extra training at £550 a lesson plus exam fees, plus you won't be guaranteed the job even if you pass."

amazing

Zabojnik

Not feeling GZ's missions

As bland as A --> B missions can get.

They basically felt like expanded VR missions to me. Love how the game controls and plays, but, yeah, I expect a lot more from MGSV.

Buy PES2015.

Obviously haven't played DA:I

Though that's more A-->B-->A

Christ, I hope the new Mass Effect takes fucking zero cues from that game

They already said it won't.
Expect B -->A-->B. This is Bioware after all.

El Cid

Neo Member
Shakhtar and Chygrynsky have mutually terminated his contract, after his continous show of poor form and recurrent injuries. Now he has signed for Dnipro.

Another victim of Pep's system, we hardly knew ye.

Blablurn

Open World ruins EVERYTHING. There's not much you can do with missions, ironically.

Everything is Open World today. Even that nerdy game called Akibas Trip I'm playing right now is Open World.

Japan is making everything Open World as well.

Be excited.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They basically felt like expanded VR missions to me. Love how the game controls and plays, but, yeah, I expect a lot more from MGSV.

Buy PES2015.
It's like you're the only sensible voice left in gaming

I fully expect to be shat on for calling a spade a spade again :lol

One more bland mission and then I'm going back to the insane asylum that is TEW :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't touched GZ though we have it

Played the demo of 2 and finished 4

Neither was great #lifeofamack

-------

Selma was good. Oyelowo was sensational.

They already said it won't.
Expect B -->A-->B. This is Bioware after all.

I know, just hope they stick to their word. Some people want it to be influenced by Dragon Age, but I genuinely don't think there's anything about Dragon Age that's better than anything in Mass Effect.

I loved the proper sidequests in Mass Effect. All of them were interesting, even if the loop was normally recycled.

Open World ruins EVERYTHING. There's not much you can do with missions, ironically.

GTA used to be great at using the open world in interesting ways for the missions, 4 and 5 were a massive downgrade in that area. I worry that the more open structure will destroy the flow of the main story in MGSV, I trust Kojima to get it right though. And even if he doesn't, I'll still enjoy the fuck out of it

Blablurn

Im sorry for everyone who doesnt understand the greatness of the MGS franchise. Probably the best franchise of all time. Finishing MGS1 changed my life back then.

It was the game that made me realize that games have become serious entertainment. They have made it to the next generation of entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom