• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjohn

I will have no problem with the money if we had the likes of Neymar, Suarez,Ronaldo etc but instead they'll spend 35 million pounds pounds on some wank player from the Czech republic.

Seriously though, scudamore should be given a knighthood.

I think I want a Reus jersey now
stop me milch
you know they had a promotion to get signed jerseys a few weeks ago. i didnt get the reus jersey because i thought he would leave soon anyways. got immobiles jersey instead. should have gotten the reus jersey -.-
anyways immobile seems to be a nice guy too. just underperforming a little at the moment.

Blablurn

anyways immobile seems to be a nice guy too. just underperforming a little at the moment.

I would say the same thing
qBsuB5s.png

Elchele

For reference, the bottom EPL team will earn 3x what Bayern did in TV rights last season.

We rich bitch.

and still they play like a team from Honduras, incredible.

you know they had a promotion to get signed jerseys a few weeks ago. i didnt get the reus jersey because i thought he would leave soon anyways. got immobiles jersey instead. should have gotten the reus jersey -.-

damn, my condolences m8

KidJr

I understand you need competition but having to pay for BT and Sky sports really sucks.

And it's not even like when ESPN had games, because BT sports have some fucking good games. I mean I'll moan but I'll still pay it, but jeeze cost of me watching everything (including streaming services) has to be pretty close to the £150 a month range. Just ridiculous

Mindwipe

Considering a lot of the games still aren't even up for sale...not anytime soon.

I dunno. The splits are up and BT's price went up 30% - not too bad in the grand scheme of things, but Sky's went up 73%, for very little improvement.

Sky Sports is topping out it's ARPU from television as it is, it's going to be very, very, very difficult to recoup that money. There'll be price rises, but they probably can't push it up too much more before people think BT Sport is a better option.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I understand you need competition but having to pay for BT and Sky sports really sucks.

And it's not even like when ESPN had games, because BT sports have some fucking good games. I mean I'll moan but I'll still pay it, but jeeze cost of me watching everything (including streaming services) has to be pretty close to the £150 a month range. Just ridiculous

£150 a month? wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy the day passes for games you want to watch?

Esch

Banned
so much EPL money and we all know spain and germany will keep coming home with the CL and EL

absolutely sensational

Meier

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 36 minutes ago
Top club will get £156m and bottom club £99m in TV money from 16/17 (via @sportingintel). FFP should never worry Prem clubs in future.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 30 minutes ago
City made £60m in TV £ when winning the league in 11/12 and £96m last season when winning the league. Bottom club will get £99m from 16/17.

Crazy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Isn't it sad that despite having all the money in the world, you still cannot buy love?

Reus, Pogba, the Abysswalker, Hummels, Claudio..and the list goes on

Shove your money up your plastic asses motherfuckers

I can try to stream it. If its laggy i'm gonna stop it tho :p
Please do. Or at least record/upload the highlights!
Aren't you a Real Madrid fan? That "small club" beat you divas in 2013.
GOD DAMN :lol

jtb

Banned
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 36 minutes ago
Top club will get £156m and bottom club £99m in TV money from 16/17 (via @sportingintel). FFP should never worry Prem clubs in future.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 30 minutes ago
City made £60m in TV £ when winning the league in 11/12 and £96m last season when winning the league. Bottom club will get £99m from 16/17.

Crazy.

Wow. I wonder if those TV deals—or at least the money from winning the league—eclipse the Real/Barca ones?

Barzul

PL will go back to it's years of dominance fairly soon. Teams like Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool have even more spending power. Not to talk of the heavyweights like Man Utd and Chelsea. I'm looking forward to it. The PL has been redundant in Europe for too long. I remember a couple years back when we had 3 teams out of 4 in the CL Semis. More of that. Arsenal to win it ofcourse.

Jarnet87

Van Gaal has gone far too much into Rafa territory.

Sack the prick.

He'll be getting the sack in 2016. After a 4th place finish and an FA Cup semi final appearance we'll be signing his praises. This will be followed up with a mind boggling summer where we will sign zero midfielders, a defender or two, and another 28 or 29 year old forward to complement old man persie up front. when we are playing the same exact shit football as this year but our table position is worse the guillotine will drop. Giggs will do no better, but at least the fools who think he deserves the job will see him fail miserably for a few months and realize they are wrong.

Summer 2016; Simeone. United will bake. All the old fucks will be gone, pace will be restored, attacking football is alive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The only non-plastic clubs in the Barclay's Premface League are Arsenal and Liverpool

Arsenal's stadium is the definition of plastic but we'll let that slide for the sake of Arsenalfan TV

Fintan

That's not what a shill is.
Yeah, I guess you're right. He does openly work for them!

Still it was funny. Everything with Henry at Sky has been a bit weird/underwhelming so far. All the hype and stuff and I've just found him a bit meh so far. And I liked him well enough at the world cup.

Esch

Banned
Just sounded so lame, I get that he's doing his job. Let's call Thierry and get his reaction to the rights deal. "It's unbelievable. I cannot imagine the Premier League not being on Sky."

Henry does and says what he's told. That's his job.

Lightning

Banned
These high costs are offset by wages which are skyrocketing and average players now cost 15-20m a pop so the money doesn't go as far as people think it does.

wedward

Yeah, I guess you're right. He does openly work for them!

Still it was funny. Everything with Henry at Sky has been a bit weird/underwhelming so far. All the hype and stuff and I've just found him a bit meh so far. And I liked him well enough at the world cup.

Yeah, he hasn't been very good. Agree he was better at the world cup. Sounds bored. It will be interesting to see how he does once he moves into management.

Isn't it sad that despite having all the money in the world, you still cannot buy love?

Reus, Pogba, the Abysswalker, Hummels, Claudio..and the list goes on

Shove your money up your plastic asses motherfuckers

Please do. Or at least record/upload the highlights!

GOD DAMN :lol

The fuck does love even mean? Like Pogba isn't going to leave Juve for Real. Nobody gives a fuck about love. They give a fuck about Real Madrid.

Shove your love up your ass.

This is football. All the players are cunts and I love it.

Fintan

Yeah, he hasn't been very good. Agree he was better at the world cup. Sounds bored. It will be interesting to see how he does once he moves into management.
Do you think he'll do this one Sky contract and then move into management? Maybe do a Neville thing and do some coaching at the same time?

I assume there's some sort of job available at Arsenal whenever he wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom