• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was substituting a class, was barely awake (fallen asleep at like 4 and woken up at 7 with a phone call asking if I could come in to substitute) and decided as I too tired to help them with math, I would just watch Frozen with them. Maybe I enjoyed it more because I was getting paid.

How is watching the football over there going? Also did you ever try Counterstrike?

Watched football a few times at a bar, it's at least 30 min walk away from me though and I'm not doing that in the middle of the night. Baklas everywhere on that street, one actually stole my glasses one day and I had to fight hard to get them back. Anyway, watching it in the pub itself is fine, although as you could hear from my whatsapp audio clips if you ever checked it(!) there was an extremely drunk Spurs supporter in there abusing me the whole way through the City match, while trying to get me to date his new wives daughter. I just wanted to watch football.

Internet is terrible, can only just stream matches lol and it struggles with that when the two others in the house are interwebbing too, so no way I'm going to attempt CS.

I was substituting a class, was barely awake (fallen asleep at like 4 and woken up at 7 with a phone call asking if I could come in to substitute) and decided as I too tired to help them with math, I would just watch Frozen with them. Maybe I enjoyed it more because I was getting paid.

Watched football a few times at a bar, it's at least 30 min walk away from me though and I'm not doing that in the middle of the night. Baklas everywhere on that street, one actually stole my glasses one day and I had to fight hard to get them back. Anyway, watching it in the pub itself is fine, although as you could hear from my whatsapp audio clips if you ever checked it(!) there was an extremely drunk Spurs supporter in there abusing me the whole way through the City match, while trying to get me to date his new wives daughter. I just wanted to watch football.

Internet is terrible, can only just stream matches lol and it struggles with that when the two others in the house are interwebbing too, so no way I'm going to attempt CS.

:(. Miss you xoxo

Rikkun

Wait.

You teach?

Holy shit, sensazionale.

Wait.

You teach?

Holy shit, sensazionale.

Well not for the next 6 months at least! But yes, started substitute teaching one summer fairly randomly and for some reason the principle likes me and kept me on, even when I attend uni (so it's rarely more than one or two days a week). I rarely actually do what I'm supposed to so not sure you could call it teaching.
o3abnfi.png

Rikkun

Well not for the next 6 months at least! But yes, started substitute teaching one summer fairly randomly and for some reason the principle likes me and kept me on, even when I attend uni (so it's rarely more than one or two days a week). I rarely actually do what I'm supposed to so not sure you could call it teaching.
o3abnfi.png

Do they know about your Buscetta Grandpa and you Chloe-Moretz kink?
Please think of the children.

Congrats! :D

EDIT: oh god she turned 18 yesterday.
We can step into the sunlight
jbt6ZeEpbmJrSS.png

jts

...hate me...
:lol

I'm delighted we won and I'm happy for him, but it doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things regarding his place in the team. That money should have been spent on someone who could have helped us to a position where we're not hanging onto a top 4 challenge by the skin of our teeth, and Balotelli was a massive gamble we couldn't really afford to make considering Sturridge's already apparent injury issues.

Maybe he'll kick on and end up taking himself out of the Enrique/Allen camp of players who will never be good enough for what I want us to be in the short/medium/long term, I wouldn't put money on it though.

First things first, get Sturridge fit enough to play 90 minutes, so we can bring another striker on when we want to instead of when we have to. Then see if we can get a fixture where we can play both of them up front together as they did at WHL. Running out of time for that though, still looking like the best option for us will be to try recouping as much money as possible for him in the summer.

I don't like the circus that surrounds him, or appreciate the way he needs to be mollycoddled and attended to in order to get the best of him, especially as I don't rate his best nearly as highly as most others seem to.

But the ideal is for what's best for Liverpool to consistently overlap with what's best for him. That is unlikely, but I'd be delighted to eat crow if it happened for any kind of sustained period. He's had 2 corner-turning moments before this already this season, and neither has led to any kind of improvement in form.

That's the life of a football fan though innit. Occasionally, players you don't like make you happy :p

If I can adore Suarez because of his ability, I can make myself like Balotelli if he replicates it to any degree ¬¬
Haha, love your write-ups. You're right. In Porto we have like the poster child of talented players that can be amazing and decisive sometimes if they are treated with the just the right combination of support and tough love, and utter shite otherwise - Quaresma. Only we can bring up the best in him it seems. And if Liverpool can manage to do the same with Balo the merrier. I think you're trying, as he seems to be getting his fair amount of chances and then some. I mean, it's hard to think he has to get some sort of special treatment when there are better players on your team, but it's not like that. It's just that he's filed under "special needs" players. There's a nice payoff for the team as well if he succeeds.

I expect some surprise visit here next week when it's my birthday. You, Cola, Penny, Broken. Just make it happen. I don't want Hixx here, fuck that guy. The people here say it's a tradition to throw eggs at you, at your birthday. I don't know how I feel about that.

Also please look at this amazing mullet Hazard once had

http://zippy.gfycat.com/FamiliarSociableAfricanclawedfrog.webm

that's amazing! Everything you have said about the Philippines sounds like I wouldn't last ten minutes.

Do they know about your Buscetta Grandpa and you Chloe-Moretz kink?
Please think of the children.

Congrats! :D

It's a small private school, with old hippie values, so there's the teacher walking around barefeet, the one music teacher who's high 24/7 and have somehow worked there for 10 years and so on. I'm not even the odd one of the bunch. It's a pretty cool place to work actually, certainly perfect work next to uni. Also the sub teacher wages, yes moyes. No idea why they are so high, but it's the minimum they are allowed to pay.

Fake edit: Yes. Chloe is 18. Everyone can now freely admit what they have thought for a few years.

I was at Colon street the other day (yes, it does also smell like shit in there). It's full of shops with cheap shit in, so I enjoy it. About half the picture frames they were trying to sell in the store, had Chloe photos in them.
oiADDQI.png

Rikkun

Frozen is great. Why do some of you hate it.

Our kids will look fondly at it like how we do at Beauty & The Beast and The Lion King.
Beauty and the Beast is a horrid story. She's a bitch, does everything to get him killed, he jumps in and destroys the white french guy, happily ever after. Bullshit.

The Lion King, that is legit.

I was at Colon street the other day (yes, it does also smell like shit in there). It's full of shops with cheap shit in, so I enjoy it. About half the picture frames they were trying to sell in the store, had Chloe photos in them.
oiADDQI.png

Colon street sounds like a place where I'd want to live
ioTo9vOc821Sz.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkU23m6yX04

Best Disney song. Easily.

Colon street sounds like a place where I'd want to live
ioTo9vOc821Sz.png

You gotta hold tight to your wallet in there. There's homeless and beggars everywhere, university students who don't give a fuck and just piss up against the walls of... EVERYWHERE (seriously you can't walk on the street without seeing a few of them in their marine looking uniforms, just pissing in the open in the middle of the street, even right next to people selling fruit and stuff) and it just smells bad with lots of traffic. Rubbing your head in your shirt afterwards makes your shirt dirty.

You were going to buy the pictures werent you
phRbX43.png

I was with 3 others. Would be hard to explain.

Bold One

Frozen is great. Why do some of you hate it.

Our kids will look fondly at it like how we do at Beauty & The Beast and The Lion King.

No one really hates Frozen, most of us are just baffled by its bewildering ubiquity, its an okay film with one good song. Its got nothing , absolutely NOTHING on classic gems like Mulan or Lion King, but the way people talk about it you'd think it was the greatest thing since RVP's header in the world cup

Lidl is actually making strides up in the world IMO. Judging by the car park and range of food at one near me it's not just the... working class going there now.

I'd rather shop there than somewhere like Asda that's for sure.

Lidl got surprisingly good fruit and vegetables here, usually better than the expensive supermarkets. If it was closer to me I would prefer it to most of the rest.

The local Aldi however is fucking shit, not only because of the stuff in there, but the workers there are also just old bitter cunts. But it sure is cheap.

I have a Farm Foods in my local town and it is the most depressing place to shop ever. Yellow tinted walls, low-lighting and cheap, but horrible-tasting items. I feel sorry for anyone who works there
D5Jy4CR.png
D5Jy4CR.png

Wilbur

Banned
Frozen is fine. Decent film with more than one good song; there's three or four good ones in the first 45 minutes or so.

It's just cool to hate it because it's everywhere.

If you had to listen to Circle of Life on loop forever you'd probably hate it too.

It's a film made primarily for little girls. Doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

jts

...hate me...
Lidl is great.

Unique products harder to find in other supermarkets.

Inexpensive.

Good quality.

Amazing that I can go to basically the same shop in Portugal and Finland. A truly multi-national chain.

Their positioning and their shops changed a lot since their pure low-cost no-frills days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom