• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
I didn't know people still watched him.

Once he made that movie I knew he would be off soon.

edit: apparently jtb still watches.

yeah, in hindsight the writing was on the wall there.

all of late night is getting completely gutted in the span of a year

inky

her too

but plaza hits something primal with me

I know what you mean...

8moktdd.gif

KeY7qdl.gif

Although Rashida Jones is like that time you go to the ice cream place and see that flavor you never realized existed.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, 30, has reportedly said he could leave Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich in an extract of his upcoming autobiography, alerting both Manchester United and Chelsea. (Daily Express)
Manchester United scouts were in Italy on Sunday to watch Palermo's £30m-rated striker Paulo Dybala, 21, in action against Inter Milan. (Daily Mail)
Former Swansea boss Michael Laudrup, currently working in Qatar, has emerged as the favourite to take over from Harry Redknapp as the next manager of Queens Park Rangers. (Daily Mirror)
Chelsea are weighing up a summer move for Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi, 21, who is refusing to sign a new deal with the Italian club. (London Standard)
Everton have offered their 21-year-old left-back Luke Garbett, out of contract at the end of the season, a new deal. (Liverpool Echo)
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is considering a move for Argentinian centre-half Emanuel Mammana, 19, of River Plate. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
West Brom's new boss Tony Pulis says the Baggies are embroiled in relegation trouble only because that is where they deserve to be, based on performances. (Birmingham Mail)
Southampton's new loan signing Filip Djuricic has finally linked up with the St Mary's club after his deadline-day move was held up by work permit delays. (Saintsfc.co.uk)
Manchester City's former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard, 36, says City must improve and keep winning regularly to beat his old club to the Premier League title. (Manchester Evening News)
Southampton manager Ronald Koeman has dismissed rumours linking him with a move to Spanish club Barcelona, saying he will honour his contract with the Saints. (Daily Express)
Goalkeeper Victor Valdes, 33, winger Ashley Young, 29, and full-back Rafael, 24, all turned out for Manchester United's under-21s side, which won 2-1 against Chelsea on Monday. "They wanted to do it properly and to win," said coach Warren Joyce. (Manchester Evening News)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Chelsea defender Filipe Luis has dismissed rumours he is unhappy at the club by posting a picture of himself training with his team-mates (left) and saying "Can't stop smiling. Feels so good to be back".
Crystal Palace winger Yannick Bolasie congratulated Mario Balotelli on scoring his first Premier League goal for Liverpool in their 3-2 win over Spurs. "Happy for Balotelli. Can't lie," he tweeted.
QPR midfielder Joey Barton praised the team and the fans after their victory at Sunderland. He tweeted: "Tremendous team performance. Whole squad effort. Thanks to the fans who made the long journey north on a weekday. Plenty of hard work ahead."

AND FINALLY...
Aaron Lennon's mum joined a legion of fans giving the former Tottenham winger grief over his miserable expression as he posed for pictures after signing on loan for Everton. (Daily Star)
New York City FC fans will forgive Frank Lampard for staying at Manchester City and not joining the MLS club for the start of their season, says their coach Jason Kreis. (Daily Mail)

Aaron Lennon's mum joined a legion of fans giving the former Tottenham winger grief over his miserable expression as he posed for pictures after signing on loan for Everton. (Daily Star)
daMPIzy.png

I love Balo. He's my boy.

Hitcher has no business celebrating this imo.

:lol

I'm delighted we won and I'm happy for him, but it doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things regarding his place in the team. That money should have been spent on someone who could have helped us to a position where we're not hanging onto a top 4 challenge by the skin of our teeth, and Balotelli was a massive gamble we couldn't really afford to make considering Sturridge's already apparent injury issues.

Maybe he'll kick on and end up taking himself out of the Enrique/Allen camp of players who will never be good enough for what I want us to be in the short/medium/long term, I wouldn't put money on it though.

First things first, get Sturridge fit enough to play 90 minutes, so we can bring another striker on when we want to instead of when we have to. Then see if we can get a fixture where we can play both of them up front together as they did at WHL. Running out of time for that though, still looking like the best option for us will be to try recouping as much money as possible for him in the summer.

I don't like the circus that surrounds him, or appreciate the way he needs to be mollycoddled and attended to in order to get the best of him, especially as I don't rate his best nearly as highly as most others seem to.

But the ideal is for what's best for Liverpool to consistently overlap with what's best for him. That is unlikely, but I'd be delighted to eat crow if it happened for any kind of sustained period. He's had 2 corner-turning moments before this already this season, and neither has led to any kind of improvement in form.

That's the life of a football fan though innit. Occasionally, players you don't like make you happy :p

If I can adore Suarez because of his ability, I can make myself like Balotelli if he replicates it to any degree ¬¬

Lightning

Banned
The Leicester game further showed how good Ozil can be when he's actually shooting. He has a great shot on him, he just doesn't use it often enough.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i'd like to see balotelli end up at swansea. only a short drive away if he can't bear to leave the bright lights and blue skies of liverpool.

Yes, he's still quite salty about that. Lucio also has less than good things to say about him and I believe there are others but I can't be bothered to look for quotes.

Johan Cruyff - "You wonder whether he has one or two screws loose".

Franck Ribery - "I haven't had fun on the pitch once under van Gaal. I had had more than enough of it".

Luca Toni - "Van Gaal simply didn't want to work with me, he treats players like interchangeable objects."

Lucio - "Van Gaal hurt me more than anyone else in football."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic - "Van Gaal is a dictator, with no sense of humour"

:lvgtripleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom