• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

DisfiguredPertinentChamois.gif

Just seen this for the first time... wow.

L1NETT

We are supporters not customers

Also perhaps clubs should use the money to help improve grass roots football in their communities? I dunno, almost like clubs actually have a responsibility to help local areas and are more than just stadiums hoovering any spare cash from working people to go to the place with has been a massive part of their lives. As we've established, the youth system in this country is fundamentally broken, perhaps some of the money could go toward that?

Football Clubs are so much than just businesses. That argument holds absolutely no water. They are the fans, their identity, huge social pillar in communities, local sense of belonging, they unite genders, races, sexualities from across society. To side with Scudamore misses entirely what football clubs actually are.

Arsenal will raise ticket prices guaranteed

Most will probably freeze a section and hike the rest of them, and then use the frozen cheaper seats as an example of reaching out to people

But if Arsenal do then holy guacamole. Issue is if more clubs follow their example

Ralf Rangnick about RB Leipzig coach Zorniger, a week ago:
"We would be mentally ill to think about a different coach after these two and a half years."

Today, Zorniger got fired

what a club, run by people that call themselves mentally ill

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Kojima said PP will be 1000x the size of GZ. Everything will be daijobou.

I'm not complaining about the size, more about the missions. Bigger might make it even worse actually

I hope they get creative with them, which I'm sure they will.

anyway, GZ as a standalone game, was shit. A good looking well made piece of shit mind you

We are supporters not customers

Also perhaps clubs should use the money to help improve grass roots football in their communities? I dunno, almost like clubs actually have a responsibility to help local areas and are more than just stadiums hoovering any spare cash from working people to go to the place with has been a massive part of their lives. As we've established, the youth system in this country is fundamentally broken, perhaps some of the money could go toward that?

Football Clubs are so much than just businesses. That argument holds absolutely no water. They are the fans, their identity, huge social pillar in communities, local sense of belonging, they unite genders, races, sexualities from across society. To side with Scudamore misses entirely what football clubs actually are.

Most will probably freeze a section and hike the rest of them, and then use the frozen cheaper seats as an example of reaching out to people

But if Arsenal do then holy guacamole. Issue is if more clubs follow their example

Maybe 30 plus years ago, but now clubs are global brands. Scudamore completely gets what football clubs are all about. Football is not a need, it is a want.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Still the best stealth gameplay actually. All the strange Splinter Cell games are now basically on rails third person shooters.

yeah, the game mechanics were fucking incredible. I was surprised at how well everything controlled, because that's a first in a Metal Gear game! :lol

L1NETT

Maybe 30 plus years ago, but now clubs are global brands. Scudamore completely gets what football clubs are all about. Football is not a need, it is a want.

You can have an international presence and not alienate what football clubs are actually about; the fans

See: Germany

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
English top flight football has no soul anyway, the ginger of leagues, it's just rich people playing chess. We should replace all of them with Championship sides and call it day

keep SOTON and Anfield

Zamp is brilliant at milking his players worth, the jury is still out on Dybala, because who knows, he might be just another 6 month wonder like Pastore

obvious bait for wooden moretz

I'm more offended by your tlou comments.

Anyway Zamps really isn't that great at milking the price. Always ends up with way less than reported and often down right laughable money (like Sirigu).

Wtf

I hope a bakla locks you up in a sex dungeon

I will not have your silent hill 2 trolling anymore. I need to draw a line

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Paul Pogba: Has completed more successful dribbles than any other player in Europe’s top 5 leagues in 2015

:lol

Nothing surprises me anymore

You can have an international presence and not alienate what football clubs are actually about; the fans

I had typed up a long reply, but it was a bit of a mess, that even was referencing gladiators, and I never tend to be the most articulate of posters. :(((

I think we both are just on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, you the lower league hipster who feel the clubs owe you a sense of community :p and me the big league wanker who feels the clubs owe me nothing but win at all cost :D

Hixx

Oh man the Hitman trailer... I dunno what to think. As an adaptation of the game, no. As a daft action film... it looks alright.
9vU7w8t.png

As a foreign follower of the EPL how exactly are fans being alienated in England? Genuinely curious with this question. Watching on my TV I still see stadiums full of people and that will continue even if ticket prices go up.

Yen

As a foreign follower of the EPL how exactly are fans being alienated in England? Genuinely curious with this question. Watching on my TV I still see stadiums full of people and that will continue even if ticket prices go up.
The stadiums might be full up with people, but they're people like Shanks D Zoro, and nobody wants that. Nobody.

faridmon

Middle/Upper Class people can afford those tickets.

Yen

Since we are on NeoGAF I can't tell if this is a joke post or totally serious elitism.
Somewhere in the middle.
Football in England was a working class game. Now it's £60 per match and £1000 season tickets, whilst the Premier League's TV revenue soars to £5bn or whatever.

The stadiums might be full up with people, but they're people like Shanks D Zoro, and nobody wants that. Nobody.

I was born in Islington, raised a 15 minute walk from Highbury, been in Arsenal gear since I was a toddler, and been going to games since 94.

I don't see what is wrong with me.

Yen

I was born in Islington, raised a 15 minute walk from Highbury, been in Arsenal gear since I was a toddler, and been going to games since 94.

I don't see what is wrong with me.
Tongue in cheek m8. But ticket prices are obscene and Arsenal are the worst. I'm not particularly receptive to supply and demand justifications for it either (if you are ok as being defined as a consumer then whatever)

Hixx

It is incredibly expensive to follow your team. Shit, I'd wager we pay more to get the 3 or so games a week on Sky than anywhere else in the world does to get all 10 games per week. If you attend your teams home games, add anywhere from £400-1500 a year on to that. If you follow away games? Thousands more. And if your club is in a relatively remote area? Even more.

Over the last 25 years, ticket prices have risen at 500-1000% the rate of inflation.

Football is famous for being the sport of the working-class. It's not anymore.

L1NETT

what hixx said

well said too

following your team ain't just ticket prices. Getting aboot the country can be annoyingly expensive.

Middle/Upper Class people can afford those tickets.

Somewhere in the middle.
Football in England was a working class game. Now it's £60 per match and £1000 season tickets, whilst the Premier League's TV revenue soars to £5bn or whatever.

It is incredibly expensive to follow your team. Shit, I'd wager we pay more to get the 3 or so games a week on Sky than anywhere else in the world does to get all 10 games per week. If you attend your teams home games, add anywhere from £400-1500 a year on to that. If you follow away games? Thousands more. And if your club is in a relatively remote area? Even more.

Over the last 25 years, ticket prices have risen at 500-1000% the rate of inflation.

Football is famous for being the sport of the working-class. It's not anymore.
Okay I guess that makes sense.

It's pretty expensive here to see NFL and NBA games in person too so now you know our pain Brits. Well, expect for the lack of coverage on TV. I'm in Canada and I get to see all 10 games live on TV and those channels are dirt cheap. But that might be because games are on anywhere from 7:30am to 2:30pm and nothing else is on lol.

sohois

A large amount of them are just tourists and day trippers, and whilst there's nothing wrong with those groups, they don't make for much of an atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom