• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Get BT on my laptop because I use their broadband anyway. Don't pay extra, wouldn't if I had to.
Yeah seems like a lot of people have it because it's free with BT (for the moment).

I'd love to pay a set price and get all Arsenal's games for a season.

Does anyone here pay for Sky & BT? Seems incredibly cost prohibitive to even watch the matches.

We have BT fiber optic anyway so we get it for free, we pay for Sky and I have multiroom for it too.

Shame there isn't a console app for BT Sport and that they don't let you use multiroom without paying extra so I have to watch BT Sport games on my iPad. I was very pleased they didn't get anymore games than they did in the TV rights deals

Hixx

Does anyone here pay for Sky & BT? Seems incredibly cost prohibitive to even watch the matches.

If BT had won an even share of the packages I have to be honest and say I would probably subscribe to neither. If Sky's subscription cost goes up with the price they've paid to secure those three seasons, it will probably get cancelled.

There will come a time though when people simply can't afford to contribute to the rising cost of the PL TV rights. Sky will pay 70% more in this new deal; how much of that will they expect the customers to pay for? Either BT and Sky will have to get more creative with their packages or they will have spend less on the rights. But that's at least 5 years away, probably much further.

Esch

Banned
Big Sam said:
I don't think there is any coach more sophisticated than me any more. That's not trying to criticise any other coaches. But there is only Arsene Wenger who has done it longer than me. I'm just as good as everybody at this stage. They may well have gained more experience by managing abroad, like Louis van Gaal, Ronald Koeman and people like that, but in this country, with the experience they've got I don't think there is any coach that would be in that position [of being more sophisticated than me]. That comes from the amount of time you do in the job, how much experience you gain in the job and how much knowledge you strive for on a regular basis to keep the cutting edge. The cutting edge is what's new in football, what's the next level, where is it going to be, how can you find it, how can you implement it into your club? I've always been that way inclined. I've never stood still and it's probably why I am still here managing in the Premier League for the last 13-14 years.

MFQDyYy.gif

I've been looking at some Arsenal tickets for my birthday (which is next month lol), and I'm not a member :(

Do PL/CL games EVER go on general sale? (I'm guessing not)

BT through my friend's log in. Run it on my phone then Chromecast it to my 50 inch TV. Better quality than SD freeview.

Sky Sports/non-televised games through Sopcast, Acestream and browser flash players. Hook up laptop to TV. Also better than SD freeview and sometimes better than BT.

I might purchase a few Sky Sports week passes for the upcoming big games (LC Final). Not that it's guaranteed to work perfectly or that the streams won't, but I'd rather not risk having to mess about with the big games. I bought some day passes towards the end of last season and the one time it fucked up they gave another one for free, otherwise it was better than my usual routine.

Price isn't bad. Daypass was £8 last year now they have the week pass option for £10. If you timed its use for a week packed with great games you can get good value from it.

Better than £50 a month.

Blablurn

fuck it. ordered a new bed. last august i had 2 friends coming over to watch the gamescom conference. both of them a rather big. my bed was a lil damaged before already but never bended under my weight. well, on that day, they were both sitting on it. later that day i went on it, tried to sleep and realized its totally bent. i literally sunk into it. i tried to fix it. but in the last week it just got worse and worse lol. last night i almost couldnt sleep because i thought it would crumble under me lol

anyway, 70€. new bed incoming. february is expensive so far. just give me my new 3DS.

KidJr

Yeah seems like a lot of people have it because it's free with BT (for the moment).

I'd love to pay a set price and get all Arsenal's games for a season.

I was posting about this yesterday, I'm pretty sure my bill is close to £150 a month to watch everything in my house hold.

I mean it is what is, but when you put it into perspective thats ridiculous.

If BT had won an even share of the packages I have to be honest and say I would probably subscribe to neither. If Sky's subscription cost goes up with the price they've paid to secure those three seasons, it will probably get cancelled.

There will come a time though when people simply can't afford to contribute to the rising cost of the PL TV rights. Sky will pay 70% more in this new deal; how much of that will they expect the customers to pay for? Either BT and Sky will have to get more creative with their packages or they will have spend less on the rights. But that's at least 5 years away, probably much further.

That is why Sky had to guarantee the rights. PL is its number one draw. It lures so many people in who then go on to get other packages. Sky would have seen a huge decline in subscribers if it is only showing 40 games a year.

Rikkun

fuck it. ordered a new bed. last august i had 2 friends coming over to watch the gamescom conference. both of them a rather big. my bed was a lil damaged before already but never bended under my weight. well, on that day, they were both sitting on it. later that day i went on it, tried to sleep and realized its totally bent. i literally sunk into it. i tried to fix it. but in the last week it just got worse and worse lol. last night i almost couldnt sleep because i thought it would crumble under me lol

anyway, 70€. new bed incoming. february is expensive so far. just give me my new 3DS.

Wait, 70€ for a new bed?
A single bed I hope.
I payed 300€ for my king sized at Ikea :v
I want Pogba to join us so fucking bad, above and beyond anyone else. Do it Perez, fucking do it.

nah.

I've been looking at some Arsenal tickets for my birthday (which is next month lol), and I'm not a member :(

NO.

I am in the same boat as you. I will be back in London for the last home game of the season, but my membership expired once I originally left.

My two options are either to buy the membership and then hope to get lucky and buy a ticker in time, or just pay hundreds from an online site.

Blablurn

Wait, 70€ for a new bed?
A single bed I hope.
I payed 300€ for my king sized at Ikea :v

nah.

its actually a double bed. i already have the mattrasses. its not the best thing ever but it does its work. i just have to make sure that no overweight brothers sit on it again.

Godan

This I would like to know too as I have had a look too and it always seems like you have to be a member.

Been thinking of going to one of the last home games of the season.

This I would like to know too as I have had a look too and it always seems like you have to be a member.

Been thinking of going to one of the last home games of the season.

ok lads, who is up for a superbox?

http://premiumconcierge.arsenal.com/hospitality-packages/everton/packages/superbox/

24 of us need to pay about 500 each.

THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES
A private 24 seater SuperBox with leather armchair seats in the external seating balcony
A champagne reception upon arrival
A pre-match three course buffet
Complimentary selected wines, spirits, beers and soft drinks throughout the entire matchday
Half-time cheese and biscuits
A compliementary official matchday programme for all guests
One signed Arsenal item per group
One stadium underground parking space on request

superbox1_sml.jpg

Walshy

No.

I have a Vu+ duo2 and a few viewing cards that allows me to get nearly all sport for a fraction of the cost Sky & BT offer. I also get 3pm games live and a lot more live matches.

Rikkun

did you beat ze Germans last night?!

is Zazo even alive at this point?
Zazo had a 150ms ping and I had to download a 2.5gb patch, which took me 2 hours.
The germans laughed and played by themselves.
I blame it on Renzi.

its actually a double bed. i already have the mattrasses. its not the best thing ever but it does its work. i just have to make sure that no overweight brothers sit on it again.
Whoa. That's cheap. Damn you.
Just unfriend every fat man. I'm 60kg, please invite me for dinner I'll eat your german soups.

ok lads, who is up for a superbox?

http://premiumconcierge.arsenal.com/hospitality-packages/everton/packages/superbox/

24 of us need to pay about 500 each.

superbox1_sml.jpg

Half-time cheese and biscuits?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Blablurn

Zazo had a 150ms ping and I had to download a 2.5gb patch, which took me 2 hours.
The germans laughed and played by themselves.
I blame it on Renzi.

Whoa. That's cheap. Damn you.
Just unfriend every fat man. I'm 60kg, please invite me for dinner I'll eat your german soups.

Half-time cheese and biscuits?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

60kg????

living in the third world must be rough :/ eat more

Zabojnik

I have started watching Breaking Bad tonight, pretty good so far.

You're in for a great ride. Things should start escalating soon.

I want Pogba to join us so fucking bad, above and beyond anyone else. Do it Perez, fucking do it.

This is a serious sickness, you know that, right? Get yourself checked asap.

did you beat ze Germans last night?!

is Zazo even alive at this point?

Kinda. I've been having connection problems for a couple of weeks. My internet provider did something. I'm pretty sure they're throttling me during peek hours, even though they won't admit it. One of these days I'm gonna go postal on their asses.

Tongue in cheek m8. But ticket prices are obscene and Arsenal are the worst. I'm not particularly receptive to supply and demand justifications for it either (if you are ok as being defined as a consumer then whatever)

Chelsea and Tottenham are worse than Arsenal when it comes to ticket pricing.

Just when it was thought that Modric was going to come back two or three weeks from now, it has been reported that the Croatian midfielder will need another month to completely heal the muscle injury he picked up during Croatia's match against Italy.

God fucking damn.

jBX8nGI.png

KidJr

Whassup with it.

I've pre-ordered it though. I realized I probably won't give much of a shit if the story is bad. Im fairly ok if all I get from it is pretty graphics.

The reactions it evokes are incredible, theres nothing wrong if people dont think the game is that pretty or looks boring, fine, explain your reasons why and discuss. It just seems like people have a vendetta for this game (including those for as well as against).

Scum

Whassup with it.

I've pre-ordered it though. I realized I probably won't give much of a shit if the story is bad. Im fairly ok if all I get from it is pretty graphics.

Flutter, pls.
EuvEO5Z.png

Should have just asked for 'Quiche's copy after he was done with it.

Scum

The reactions it evokes are incredible, theres nothing wrong if people dont think the game is that pretty or looks boring, fine, explain your reasons why and discuss. It just seems like people have a vendetta for this game (including those for as well as against).

Explain yourself? Discuss? Poor KidJr. It's Gamingside. Such things are not allowed there, m9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom