• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Interesting to note that we were playing 4-3-3 in the last 20 mins.

----------Herrera-----Rooney---------

ADM------------RVP--------------Adnan

------------------Wilson-------------------

Felt a bit more functional in attack.

Be lovely to see that with Rooney in RVP's position and Blind in Rooney's. Never going to happen from the start though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
At least one rival dropped points today, Saints play Liverpool next so it's still wide open. Europa League is scaring me though.

FootballFan

Er, no FF. Not my scene.

If it makes you feel better, my disabled step daughter watches then on YouTube on my account so they are always showing up in my recommendations.

Honest.

I learn something new every day.

Messi & Neymar will have no say in the matter. Bayern could not contain the man we know as JM7. Neither will Barca.

Lol Dan. You know it. I know it.

Just pray next season you get an easier draw.

Clegg

Tbh I'd prefer to see Mata playing behind the striker.

He's been dropped after being our best player over the Christmas and new year fixtures.

Scum

At least one rival dropped points today, Saints play Liverpool next so it's still wide open. Europa League is scaring me though.

image.php

Meier

Fun fact of the day: In my 10th grade Spanish class, I sat in the seat where Howie from BSB did. My Spanish teacher was a trip.. can't remember her name but she was so "hip" for a 60 year old lady.

Maddox

We usually do that for some reason, think we even sung it while playing against a lower league team or a foreign team iirc not quite sure though.

Almost as bad as Everton fans singing about Ricky Lambert away at Burnley. 'John Terry's Ma loves the Scouse Cock' only gets an airing when we play Chelsea.

GQman2121

Banned
Looking at the current table it's pretty clear that Spurs and Liverpools goal difference puts them at a huge disadvantage heading into the spring fixtures. It might not come to that if Saints can't continue collecting points, but it's definitely a hurdle.

K1LLER7

Tbh I'd prefer to see Mata playing behind the striker.

He's been dropped after being our best player over the Christmas and new year fixtures.
Yeah, Gaal's dropping players he shouldn't and leaving players on, that he should be dropping.

Would like to see us go back to the setup we played vs Chelsea and City.

Positives:

Better from ADM. Needs to continue on from here. Works better as CM than diamond tip/#10.
McNair is good at RB. Picks good passes, makes forward runs. Offers something different than Valencia.
Herrera was fine when he came on. Nothing spectacular, but for the kind of short passing, 1-2s playing football we need him on.

Negatives:
Defense rocked. Smalling/Evans have no clues.
Rooney still doesn't work as a MF.
RVP - Falcao pairing doesn't work. Both play too much as a striker when up top together. Falcao having to drop deep makes no sense.

Overall, like for the past few games. We can play more fluid footy with people like Herrera, Mata, ADM in their proper positions. The front two pairing doesn't work still, we need either Rooney or Wilson to partner Falcao or RVP up top.

If Blind is out, we should look at lining up a 4-3-3 or a 4-5-1

Daniel Storey ‏@danielstorey85 now12 seconds ago

Van Gaal: "The fans were whistling at half-time. That's the first time I have heard that... It was not good." #MUFC

Certainly needs a rethink.

We play this passing game we're our first thought is to play laterally to bring defenders trotting in to attack. Like dragging the entire team apperatus up with us in to the attack.

It's so slow and it's for no good reason. Opposition defences have a couple of minutes to set themselves up for each attack because our tempo's so slow and our passing so indirect.

Well in West Ham

Lovely midweek, all in all.

Shame about the clank getting results and Chelsea winning, but still. Fucking massive set of games now. Big cup tie, 2 huge league games and a Europa League match, which could still be our most likely path to the CL

Can't even analyse or process what that was today. Grim.

Can't see us winning at Swansea on the weekend playing like that. And not sure I can see us playing much better either.

Splatt

Utd and Arsenal are getting those 3rd and 4th place.

Goddamn spirit of old man Ferguson has inhabited the lifeless body of Louie

icPxD0W84Gw1b.gif

markao

You played 4-3-3 the entire second 45 (Falcao 9 RvP at 10), same system you will be playing next season, as it is the only one LvG wants to play. You just need to get rid of a lot of dead wood and buy some half decent quality ;)

...... and my god the 1st 45 minutes might have been the worst football I saw this season.

4-5-1/4-2-3-1 seems likely if Blind is out. Honestly, even if he is fit, the above with Herrera-Blind next to each other would work well I think.

But I guess if Blind is fit, Herrera is benched again.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Man Utd's first half performance was dire, honestly one of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen

Started Friday Night Lights. Dat Lyla
4TfeeGW.png

I like the show so far. Football scenes are filmed well, even though I know absolutely nothing about the sport :lol

Scum

Looking at the current table it's pretty clear that Spurs and Liverpools goal difference puts them at a huge disadvantage heading into the spring fixtures. It might not come to that if Saints can't continue collecting points, but it's definitely a hurdle.

Europa League football is going to ruin it all. lolspurs begins next week.

GQman2121

Banned
7 clear with 13 games remaining.....oh behave....

tNIbIqP.png

Started Friday Night Lights. Damn, Lyla is hot
4TfeeGW.png

I like the show so far. Football scenes are filmed well, even though I know absolutely nothing about the sport :lol

The Taylor girls are where it's at, although Julie is a huge bitch.

And you're right, they did a great job filming the action scenes. That's especially not easy for TV.

Tc91

Kevin Palmer ‏@kpsundayworld 22s22 seconds ago
Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney has still not had a shot on target in the Premier League in 2015 (in 540 mins+injury time) #MUFC

Not even funny anymore.

scently

We play this passing game we're our first thought is to play laterally to bring defenders trotting in to attack. Like dragging the entire team apperatus up with us in to the attack.

It's so slow and it's for no good reason. Opposition defences have a couple of minutes to set themselves up for each attack because our tempo's so slow and our passing so indirect.

The annoying thing about our passing game is that our defence touch the ball sooo much, and this is the part of the team that are most uncomfortable with the ball. Evans is not worth being a Utd player. The midfield diamond doesn't work because we are playing it with the wrong players. Besides that, we don't seem to create enough chances for our strikers with it. We need Rooney up top and not in midfield, at worst as a 10.

Our shape in the second half was better. Would like us to use the 4231 or 433 formation going forward but most importantly, with the right personnel.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Europa League football is going to ruin it all. lolspurs begins next week.

I think this is where it all went wrong in 12/13. We beat Arsenal 2-1, lost at Liverpool 3-2 and then fucked up at home to Fulham after that stupid extra time away at Inter.

I'd play Kane and Eriksen in the first leg but leave them at home for the second irrespective of the result. Either we get the job done at WHL or we go out.

Watch us go 352 in the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom