• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Parma was sold twice in few days, both times for 1 €, the club is indebted for almost 100 milions and in case of bankruptcy they will be relegated to serie D (italian equivalent of football conference)
If they go bankrupt this month, they'll have another new buyer for a solitary €1 note.

Welcome to the world, Parmaghastly FC. They'll be playing in a former eggplant field.

cremino

Also Cesena risks points deduction because their former owner took money from the club for himself and left the club on the verge of bankruptcy with €35m debts before the club was saved by a local businessman and then gained promotion to Serie A and I think they're still paying the debts left by their former president

Scum

Also Cesena risks points deduction because their former owner took money from the club for himself and left the club on the verge of bankruptcy with €35m debts before the club was saved by a local businessman and then gained promotion to Serie A and I think they're still paying the debts left by their former president

Yurt. Where did you get the money to afford a phone for your missus...?

😒

Zabojnik

So Parma was sold twice in few days, both times for 1 €, the club is indebted for almost 100 milions and in case of bankruptcy they will be relegated to serie D (italian equivalent of football conference)

More importantly though, where the fuck have you been? Juve needs you. We need you.

jts

...hate me...
Bro. Never, ever embed a gif that size. Just link to the gfy. This thing is probably 20-30 megs and just destroys the thread on Chrome browsers and kills people's data on their phones.

Great save though.. fuck you, Romelu.
Just a heads up though, since I only found out about it recently. You can disable stuff like avatars, pics AND gifs on GAF mobile. Highly customisable. Just great.

As for Chrome, if only there were other browsers available
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Salazar

Evans was just so fucking poor.

Indecisive, clueless, physically insignificant, clumsy twat.

It's very clear now that he looks up the pitch when he receives the ball and he gets scared. Granted, sometimes the options are few, or poor. But this incompetent languor he has going just has to be fear. And it's so unacceptable.

Falcao's meaningless to me now. Nice bloke, but his touch is way out and his confidence is buggered.

Evans was just so fucking poor.

Indecisive, clueless, physically insignificant, clumsy twat.

It's very clear now that he looks up the pitch when he receives the ball and he gets scared. Granted, sometimes the options are few, or poor. But this incompetent languor he has going just has to be fear. And it's so unacceptable.

Falcao's meaningless to me now. Nice bloke, but his touch is way out and his confidence is buggered.

Falcao's every first touch was painful to see today. Lost the ball nearly every time.

Scum

So, who's off in the summer, Laboured.

Rooney, RVP, Evans, Smalling, Valencia and Young, right? You can have Kaboul and Adebayor as some of those replacements.

FcxTZpk.png

kharma45

Rooney, RVP, Evans, Smalling, Valencia and Young, right? You can have Kaboul and Adebayor as some of those replacements.

FcxTZpk.png

Young will stay.

I expect/hope to see the following go:

• Rafael
  • Evans
  • Jones
  • Valencia
  • Falcao
  • Lindegaard
  • Nani
  • Hernandez
  • Cleverley
  • Powell

I'd say if we got decent offers for Young, Smalling and Evans they'll be gone too.

LTTP: EAT THAT WILLIAN GOAL CITY. EAT THAT CECH SAVE. EAT THAT DISALLOWED GOAL THAT DIDN'T MATTER.

EAT IT EAT IT. 7 POINT HEAVEN.

You gotta have more class than that man, WWJD?
(What would Jose do?)

No need to make it personal against City, we should joining forces to fight back against the #conspiracy #justiceforcosta

FcxTZpk.png

1. I'm not having any Spurs players for £50 million Scum, it's not happening.

2. Realistically Evans, Falcao, Fellaini, Rafael, Chicha, Nani, Lindegaard and Cleverley will be out. Smalling and one of Young/Valencia's also a possibility.

Scum

Young will stay.

• Rafael
  • Evans
  • Jones
  • Valencia
  • Falcao
  • Lindegaard
  • Nani
  • Hernandez
  • Cleverley
  • Powell

I'd say if we got decent offers for Young, Smalling and Evans they'll be gone too.

1. I'm not having any Spurs players for £50 million Scum, it's not happening.

2. Realistically Evans, Falcao, Fellaini, Rafael, Chicha, Nani, Lindegaard and Cleverley will be out. Smalling and one of Young/Valencia's also a possibility.

I keep forgetting about Nani. This summer is going to fun. Plenty of clubs will be shifting dead weight.
Please leave, Ade.

Bakkus

Young will stay.

• Rafael
  • Evans
  • Jones
  • Valencia
  • Falcao
  • Lindegaard
  • Nani
  • Hernandez
  • Cleverley
  • Powell

I disagree with the upper 3. Especially Rafael, he's for the most part good when he isn't injured. I also refuse to give up on Evans and Jones just yet, they have both shown more solid display before this season and they are able to get their form back. Mabye we just need a leader at the back again like Hummels to get the other CBs sorted aswell.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think 11 goals in 24 games is still a decent return for someone like Pelle (Lambert's highest tally for them in the Premface League was 15)

It's good for a guy who flopped multiple times in Serie B and a few more in A. And when I say flopped I'm talking single digits here that you can count on one hand

I think 11 goals in 24 games is still a decent return for someone like Pelle (Lambert's highest tally for them in the Premface League was 15)

It's good for a guy who flopped multiple times in Serie B and a few more in A. And when I say flopped I'm talking single digits here that you can count on one hand

It's an ok return overall but the disparity of when they were scored sticks out heavily.

But he's a Feyenoord legend.

Based Koeman.

Lukaku :lol

I'll start judging Rodgers on trophies after this season. We're still struggling for identity imo, and hopefully we can settle down and start making inroads in the cups. We've had 6 distinctly different styles of play under him already, which is ludicrous

1) Shit tiki taka first half 12/13
2) Well rounded counterattacking second half
3) Possession and movement, back to basics first half 13/14
4) Balls out intensity, 4-3-3, all-out attack no regard for defense second half
5) Absolute turgid dogshit first half 14/15
6) What we're doing now

To win a cup we need to mix it up a bit during games, rather than between halves of the season. However, my biggest problem with Rodgers is probably the changes he makes during matches. Too often the subs make things worse if anything, or we go for a tactical switch which causes things to go wrong.

Just look at the 2 Everton matches, and the League Cup game at Stamford Bridge

In both Everton matches, we just handed them the initiative when we were either winning, or looking likely to win. At Goodison we decided to try dropping back and playing on the break, when Everton weren't giving us the space to do it, and we had the wrong personnel in Gerrard and Lambert.

At Anfield, we tried protecting a 1 goal lead when Everton weren't posing any threat. It took a wondergoal to fuck it up for us, but we should have been pushing them back, especially given the fact that we were relying on an awfully shaky defensive unit to stand firm.

Then in the League Cup, we just needed a single goal, and we bought Balotelli and later Lambert on (whilst Gerrard was still on the pitch iirc). All of our intensity, mobility and movement just disappeared from our attack in a flash, and we never came close to threatening.

To be honest, I'll be happy with stability as long as its reasonably close to the CL spots. We haven't got the infrastructure to just keep changing managers like Barca, we seem to have a massive rebuilding project whenever we do it. Keep what we want, get rid of players who have little to offer. See where it takes us. If we win a trophy, boss. If not, its not too bad as long as we don't fall off a cliff again.

Those 4 months threatened to undo everything, and it is vital that we don't get anywhere near as bad as that for a long time. I'm fucking sick of the uncertainty that surrounds bringing a new manager in tbh. We're a big club, but not big enough to brute force it even if we get it wrong.

We've got a young squad that'll get even younger (and better probably) when Gerrard leaves, a few players who could be absolutely class in a couple of years, and we're generally back on the right track. Just wanna see where it goes, and periods like September to December jeapordise that badly. I didn't want Rodgers gone, but I thought we were heading to that point with no signs of it slowing down.

Really, if we'd gone another month before changing the formation and starting to get good form out of the new signings, I think he'd be gone. If not now, in the summer as we'd be well off the pace in the race for top 4.

For now, the battleship is sailing reasonably smoothly. Probably left the port too late to reach our planned destination, but fuck it. I'm happy with how things are going again.

I'm well aware of how frequently off-track and slapdash that post is

RiggyRob

I disagree with the upper 3. Especially Rafael, he's for the most part good when he isn't injured. I also refuse to give up on Evans and Jones just yet, they have both shown more solid display before this season and they are able to get their form back. Mabye we just need a leader at the back again like Hummels to get the other CBs sorted aswell.

There comes a point when a player isn't worth keeping if they're injured all the time, and that time is coming for Rafael. If he's not getting in ahead of McNair and Valencia, he's not worth keeping.

2 of Smalling, Evans and Jones should be sold assuming replacements can be found - I'd be inclined to keep Jones of the 3.

Juve to sign him on loan next January confirmed.

Eight of the eleven were scored during a two-month period at the start of the season. He's flopped in typical Pelle fashion since then.

Rikkun

No I'm genuinely that clueless about consoles :lol I remember PSN being free so what are they talking about here

Oh boy. You have to shell out 50 shades of something to play online. Playstation Plus.
And you also get some games every month that you can play until you stop paying for the sub.

You'll cave in anyway for BB, BB.

Serie D! I've never even heard of Serie C!

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Parma are dead.

Sorry Suen :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

LOL.

Nah fam the 360 fanbase said it was ok to pay for p2p bullshit 1990's PC online gaming so Sony was all "yeh we'll charge too cos plebs always pay"

Basically, what i'm trying to say is, yes, online play is not free on PS4.

WELL after some panic googling, I suppose I can handle 50 dollars per year, you fucking THIEVES

Hope they get hacked again by Wii fanboys

Any good free games atm?

wedward

pauliegunn ‏@PaulGunning1 1h1 hour ago
Horrible atmosphere at Old Trafford tonight. A bloke behind me even called Ángel Di María a fanny. Never any need for that.

United-Gaf, should I put together the banner to be flown over OT or you wanna do it?

Facism

WELL after some panic googling, I suppose I can handle 50 dollars per year, you fucking THIEVES

Hope they get hacked again by Wii fanboys

Any good free games atm?

Rogue Legacy is good times plus i heard Transistor is pretty sweaty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom